Others - Completed - Needy Streamer Overload [1.2.1] [WSSPlayground]

1. 2.00 star(s)

wiwem71072

My review of NEEDY STREAMER OVERLOAD (28th October 2022 Update)

I have no idea why this game is rated so highly.
    Gameplay is barely existent and the UX is terrible + very buggy (very easy to softlock yourself).
    The game doesn't even support resolution scaling and changes your screen resolution without consent, making everything blurry.
    There's also zero difficulty and it's very short.
    The only thing this game has going for it is its cute graphics and realistic, but short and repetitive, dialogue.

Gameplay
    The goal of the game basically is helping a streamer get 1,000,000 followers in 30 days.

At daytime you try to do activities that unlock new stream ideas or manage the streamers stats:
    - Unlocking new stream ideas is pretty terrible and requires you to randomly click things, hoping something will happen ...or reading a guide (recommended).
    - Managing the streamer's stats is so easy it's not really worth mentioning

At nighttime you pick one of the unlocked stream ideas basically play as a mod, while your gf is streaming, doing the following:
    - Leaving the stream speed at the incredibly-slow default or turn it up one step, which immediately makes it too fast to read
    - Delete negative messages to give your gf -1 stress (oh wow, it's fucking nothing) and select superchats, which your gf will reply to at the end of a stream (doesn't seem to have any effect though)
    ...basically moderating/watching the stream can safely be skipped, because what you do is irrelevant and the text is always identical (only interesting once)

Otherwise you just get daily phone messages, but you can rarely respond, and when you can the good answers just give -1 stress (wow) without influencing the story.

There are tons of endings, but most are just a few lines of text, some NTR, some suicide ...all dependent on stats instead of your rare phone interactions with the streamer.
    If you use a guide you can probably speedrun all of them in an hour.

Verdict
    Absolute trash game, but I'm still giving it 2 stars because some effort was put in the visuals and the (very short) dialogue is well-written.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Barry Nyle

A scheduling sim where you play the partner and producer of a streamer, trying to help her grow her streaming channel while also managing her mental health. No explicit sexual content, just implied off camera stuff. The writing is really good, but the gameplay for me is gutted by a mechanic where if you don't check her texts before you click literally anything else too many times it results in a game over. This ended three different runs before I gave up in frustration. Which is a bummer because otherwise in terms of the art and music and writing it's great.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

The REALred.

This game has made me feel things no other game posted on F95Zone has ever made me feel.
    I heavily recommend this if you want something that you could relate too in some strange way.
    Also the soundtrack is really good, I enjoy.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Black Silence

I've been playing this game on and off since yesterday and unlocking around half the endings and streaming events, and what started as some kind of Doki styled Idol manager sim is turning out to be a huge slap in the face to a lot of people.

I've read on steam over and over how relatable the Streamer girl is and I have to agree that for people who grew up with internet the different routes you can take are pretty much tailored to different personality types, of course not the healthy ones.
    I can certify that the devs knew what they were doing when they did the Rainbow Girl ending, this is a good description of what [Censored] makes you feel like and how she looks happy but is def hollow inside.

The main character isn't the player, it's her, it's you.
    This can also be interpreted as a really well made and trippy satire of internet in general and an occasion to look back at how we grew up.

That is, if you can get past the physical repulsion and sanity drop this game can induce.
    Doki Doki, Pony Island, Lobotomy Corporation / Library of Ruina, this game and a few other titles that I don't have on top of my mind should straight up be considered as a new subgenre of Psychological Horror that looks happy but make you go through hell and I hope it keeps rising in popularity because DAMN it's good.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Ronnual

Nice game, has pretty good art and cool soundtrack, also alot of endings, some of them are quite dark and fucked up, so if you like psychological horror games this is right up your alley, recommend to play it for sure.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

molusculomeupau

Cool game, great art, ost (i love the weirdcore yandere shit), her condition makes an tense atmosphere and this is great, the only thing that sucks is the "pills bug" that pause the game and don't let you continue