RPGM - Nekomata [v1.0] [Jitsu Koan]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Techno11244

The most immersive story telling I had seen in probably any game I had played. If you are a sadist, or a masochist, you will love this game. Especially if you are both. It might be lacking in sex scenes, but I didn't mind.
    The plot is basically a cat girl goddess being tortured by an evil keeper, who wants to corrupt her into submitting to the dark lord. Torturing her with an awful game for decades until she finally gives up. This is a very fun dice-rolling game, where a lot of these tiles are traps and your chances of success are small, but it is possible for you to beat the game. There's always a chance to reach the end if you just keep trying. This is especially true since, despite being a dice-rolling game, your success is not being left purely to random chance, there's still some strategy left by negotiating with your keeper or skipping time which should affect your chances. Worth a try!
    Not a lot of sex scenes though. Especially for the time you might dedicate into this.

I think there's something about the plot that can be easily missed by most people, which is better if you find out on your own but if you didn't, I guess I have to tell you...
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Of course, another reason I consider this the most immersive game is because I am being willfully ignoring other methods of immersion to emphasize this one, and because I had played very little games that I noticed tried to be immersive in this way.

Edit: I was deeply wrong about things, mainly the ending. You can win. I am sorry about that, this review is not as good as I hope my reviews to be.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

kained

Dark, forbidding atmosphere. An adorable protagonist is caught in a cruel psychological game. Nice pixel art.

It's very straightforward. The girl is an immortal goddess trapped in a void until her mind breaks. But she has a chance of escape. Every 10 years she is given dice, and these dice determine how far she can move along the path to the exit. There are special blocks along the way; some give you more dice, some require a choice to either strip for the keeper for more dice or lose dice, and some trigger a death scene after which she wakes up again.

The key to winning is to make sure you have enough dice before you start (wait 10 years or more, talk to the keeper), but if you wait too long it triggers a bad ending. If a roll of dice ends on a death block, discard the roll and try again. It's luck based but not that difficult once you figure out how to start with a good amount of dice to increase your chances.

I haven't discovered all the endings yet or all of the h-scenes but between this and the spinoff game, I really like the setting and lead character. When we see closeups of her she is gorgeous. I really dig the theme of the girl trapped in an almost hopeless situation.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Turdburgler

Literally a dice rolling simulator with not much going for it. Not much for scenes. Game is extremely tedious to play. Art looks halfway decent, but the gameplay is practically nonexistent... I found myself wishing for a skip button for the scenes I did see.