Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Well that was likely the worst Shark Jump I think I've ever seen. The heroic MC, keeper of the faith, friend to all, and possessing powers beyond that of mortal man manages to fuck up the one simple job of being the bodyguard of the princess by turning her loose and unaccompanied in the city he warned her over and over was unsafe. Must be nice to be a writer and blithely say - I need to have the princess kidnapped so I'll just change the rules of a bodyguard and have him turn her loose in a dangerous place - when they had to find a sneaky way to get out of the palace in the first place.
It was pretty good story to this point - but I'm done!
honestly surprised that was enough to make to drop it. I agree that should of been differently for that plot point but I feel if you made it this far wouldn't be that big of a deal. Things like the Pirate arc with Kira , Eliza sudden change into a vampire out of nowhere, how the MC handled her changing into a vampire , not telling the King about Taron was alot worst and a much bigger deal

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
if that is the bandit at that start I killed her every time
Was that one of the bandits from early game, the duo which wanted to kill/rape MC and Eliza ?
If so, yeah dead every time, same as anyone who tries to kill the MC or harm one of his girls.
No exceptions with guy/girls there even on the good guy run.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Was that one of the bandits from early game, the duo which wanted to kill/rape MC and Eliza ?
If so, yeah dead every time, same as anyone who tries to kill the MC or harm one of his girls.
No exceptions with guy/girls there even on the good guy run.
same honestly the only time I haven't killed someone in this game is because it was purposely a light save while they died on my main saves. Most people you can kill kind of deserve it no mercy imo.

Reactions: Raziel_8

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
same honestly the only time I haven't killed someone in this game is because it was purposely a light save while they died on my main saves. Most people you can kill kind of deserve it no mercy imo.
You can still kill them on your light saves, you just need to be careful with your other choices.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
You can still kill them on your light saves, you just need to be careful with your other choices.
yeah tho those saves are more or less pure light saves so I resist the urge and vis versa with my dark saves. My main save is kind of in the middle like a grey jedi in a way well expect when it comes to Eliza then my MC turns into a Sith Lord.

• Haha
Reactions: MiltonPowers

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, killing bandits/assassins and rapists ain't not even evil in my books...more like a community service, like cleaning up the trash.

On the other hand, killing the sister of the LI which betrayed you was something i didn't do even on my evil run, because she was innocent and a victim of the same guy as Eliza...

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, killing bandits/assassins and rapists ain't not even evil in my books...more like a community service, like cleaning up the trash.

On the other hand, killing the sister of the LI which betrayed you was something i didn't do even on my evil run, because she was innocent and a victim of the same guy as Eliza...
yeah I killed her on my evil and main saves as on my main save I went scorched Earth didn't give a damn about anyone else but Eliza. While my pure saves are more like min max saves it says light or dark I do it no matter what lol

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
If the had killed the guards and run off he would have had an entire kingdom at war with him. Is he able to defeat an entire kingdom by himself? How many innocents would die, caught in the middle of the MC's battles with the King's soldiers. he has a relationship with the queen and the princess, fighting back would have destroyed his relationship with the Queen and possibly the daughter. I don't think the guild masters order was terrible, its a wait and see approach which is often prudent before going to war. The MC could have pushed his power and stood up to them, and that's fine. It would be quite spectacular. I'm good with that approach as well. I just think the Dev was trying to go down a path where the city was left standing and the population was still alive. So I think the MC going quietly was a better option.
Who said anything about that? You are misquoting what I said. I said swat them aside not kill them. Although that sounds better to me now that I think of it. But I never said to run off. I said put them in their place, let them know who and what they are dealing with. Right then and there make the king submit and know not to cross him or else. Considering they have some knowledge about angels and Nephilims then they would pretty much back off. No war needed. On your point about the queen and her daughter you are assuming that all players even wanted or went the route of a relationship with them. This whole royal arc has been a waste of time to me, and at this point between all the nobles and royals I would literally wouldn't mind if we get the option to burn the kingdom to the ground. Especially now that we have seen other kingdoms in that scene that we are shown the map, this one just looks bland now. The others seem more interesting and it feels like the MC is now stuck and the story is in a slog right now without taking care of the main points. Honestly as someone who doesn't like the princess, Taron actually did a favour in that regard. So I would thank him first then kill him. Wouldn't even care where she is now, just glad to be away from her. If worst came to worst I wouldn't choose the option to destroy the city, just the castle and everyone in it.

But honestly it feels like after being shown the world map that we stuck dealing with a nobody as an opponent and still doing nothing when there is so much more potential. When I saw the rulers of the elf kingdoms and the vampire kingdom I was like those are worthy opponents not this pawn in the current kingdom. Taron was merely a stepping stone, kind of like a tutorial mini-boss but his time is long up. Plus with the way this kingdom is I personally want the option to just go full Homelander and get rid of it. Burn it all to the ground and take what love interests I got here meet up with the pirate girls and have them use their ship to explore other places, get stronger and while actually making choices that count that result in either the MC becoming whatever the story at beginning said he would be or somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: STATE_
4.00 star(s) 70 Votes