RPGM Abandoned New Beijing [Day 7] [Banished]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
lucySuper1.png

Overview:
New Beijing will take place in an all-girl's senior high school, where the protagonist Summer is preparing for graduation. When the Chinese government passes a controversial new law though, what will she do? It's up to you.​

Thread Updated: 2021-10-19
Release Date: 2021-06-29
Developer: Banished
Censored: No
Version: Day 6
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Mac
(day 6): - -

lucySuper1.png lucySuper9.png priyaSuper.png tramSuper1.png tramSuper5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
hmm...

game seriously need a log or something.. i went to school.. no idea wtf i m supposed to do, talked with everybody around, nothing... nothing to activate, no infos, niet nada...

open up the game folder, figure they are only 20 renders of 1 scene at school (wich i couldnt reach for reason that no idea wtf i am suppsoed to do.

story is.... jesus... i dont know. kind of interresting i guess... but hell damn that can turn into a racism shit show very fast.

gonna keep an eye on it because for now, between the renders and the story...its close to racism honestly.

ma curious about it tho ... :unsure:

Reactions: stibbons and Furnox

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Not much content here yet, but it's a pretty unique premise. Keeping an eye on this one. Also, footjob isn't really the right tag for this, considering there are literally no male characters in the game. Is there no general foot fetish tag or something?

game seriously need a log or something.. i went to school.. no idea wtf i m supposed to do, talked with everybody around, nothing... nothing to activate, no infos, niet nada...
The game is actually very linear, you just have to pay attention to what you are supposed to do next.
In your case it was probably sitting down in the classroom.

story is.... jesus... i dont know. kind of interresting i guess... but hell damn that can turn into a racism shit show very fast.
It's a fictional setting that is supposed to be racist.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Not much content here yet, but it's a pretty unique premise. Keeping an eye on this one. Also, footjob isn't really the right tag for this, considering there are literally no male characters in the game. Is there no general foot fetish tag or something?

The game is actually very linear, you just have to pay attention to what you are supposed to do next.
In your case it was probably sitting down in the classroom.

It's a fictional setting that is supposed to be racist.
1 - i couldnt find it... most of time they are sparkles or something, but here... nothing. no indication (circle or anything) to help and give a direction or a place to search/activate...

2 - its always extremly risky to play with racism... just saying

zroy737

Feb 4, 2018
1 - i couldnt find it... most of time they are sparkles or something, but here... nothing. no indication (circle or anything) to help and give a direction or a place to search/activate...

2 - its always extremly risky to play with racism... just saying
没事儿,我们理解,我们开得起玩笑。
It's OKAY. We understand that it is just about setting and we can take it.

Shoopster

Apr 19, 2017
I like the premise of the game. Tempted to pledge, but it seems like this is mostly a side game for the dev that's not likely to get updated too often.

Arthas12

Mar 4, 2018
I like the premise of the game. Tempted to pledge, but it seems like this is mostly a side game for the dev that's not likely to get updated too often.
This is a project the Dev is working on with ManaRay, and are developing a game for the existing comic. It's indeed a side project, but it's also promised attention and further development. If you like the concept i'd recommend looking into the comic by ManaRay and i'm sure Banished would appreciate your pledge. He's also a very openminded dev, so patreons get to participate in shaping the game.

pickienickie

Jul 30, 2017
I'm not used to the racial dilemmas that you guys have to face it (I'm judging that you are from the northern hemisphere, USA, Europe etc) so, what is wrong with the game story and the 3º pic?

banished

Jun 27, 2018
If you guys want to see more New Beijing just support me and make your voice heard. My backers have priority so it depends on what they vote for. I'll work on NB just more slowly unless enough patrons want me to work on it equally

Also this game is super racist, that's the entire point :D

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I'm not used to the racial dilemmas that you guys have to face it (I'm judging that you are from the northern hemisphere, USA, Europe etc) so, what is wrong with the game story and the 3º pic?
i personnaly dont have problem with.
but some peoples may have...
its happen alots when a country (whatever it is) is supposed to be the king of the world and every else things in the world is considered as shit.
wich is, kind of what happen in this game. china is superpowered stuff and the rest of the world is turned into shit, poor and else.
its pur fantasy, well explained and all... but it can be troubles for some peoples. sooo, just saying the game have racism in it can help thoses peoples to avoid trying the game and come back comlpaining and all.

i mean, you know... imagine a similar game, in wich USA is the biggest great stuff and china is a piece of shit country full of poor peoples... that can be take bad for some peoples.

but well... its a game. sadly some peoples cant make difference between game and reality when some "things" are touched, like racism and else. ( take exempl as the game "Bully", wich show clearly how peoples react to racism.

as for pic 3... i dont need to explain i guess. it show by itself where the possible problem is :D (linked to what i just wrote)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
If you guys want to see more New Beijing just support me and make your voice heard. My backers have priority so it depends on what they vote for. I'll work on NB just more slowly unless enough patrons want me to work on it equally

Also this game is super racist, that's the entire point :D
@crust should add "racism" in tag then.. just in case :D

banished

Jun 27, 2018
When I introduced the game on my page I made it super clear it was inspired by Mana Ray's China World series. You guys can read that here

It has nothing to do with an all-girl's school but it sets the tone I wanted

zroy737

Feb 4, 2018
很遗憾之前我们发的几条中文评论被删了。我们只不过是在吐槽为什么要叫“新北京”这个名字。
Sorry some of our Chinese posts got deleted. They are mainly about us laughing about the name of the game.

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
I found the game goes a long time without doing much of anything. Meanwhile I got to the third class of the second day and the game bugged out and I couldn't continue. It's a fun concept, just there's not much fun had with it. Too many times will you feel like you're doing stuff that you would actually do in school and therefore be bored. Yes, it's meant to be like school. But holy hell do I not want to hear about the Mitochondria for the 100th time.

EDIT: I hope the Patreon is joking about this statement... "I like this because of what it says about whiteness. Hope you find it interesting too."

jonexhd

Jan 25, 2018
Let's say, I strongly suggest you guys leave Beijing and Chinese government out of play. People can get really sensitive sometimes.
Also, I have to say, this story really doesn't suit the Chinese culture. It's like somewhere else's story happened in a place like China. That feels strange.

Reactions: stibbons

banished

Jun 27, 2018
It's an alternate timeline, not ours. Whatever idea you have about Chinese culture is largely irrelevant in this game. As for sensitive people, they can choose to engage or not in the media they want. People get really sick smoking cigarettes and I choose not to smoke them, crisis averted.

> That feels strange.

Um. No comment xD

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes