New Game Development Project Looking for Team

Centricate

Nov 28, 2018
NEW GAME DEVELOPMENT PROJECT DETAILS BELOW

Project Name: TBD

Game Details: R18+ Adult Single player Adventure Action

Looking For: Programmer, Designer, Artist, Sound/Composer, Writer

My Role: Project Manager/Designer

About Me: I have been doing 3D modeling and animations for 4 years (primarily NSFW content). I am a self-taught coder with experience mainly in hacking and modding and some app development. I would say I am a versatile person, I like to be a bit of a ‘master of all trades’ kind of individual.

Length of Project: Unknown

Compensation: Volunteer only as of now, until a demo and funding have been put into place and look to implement Revenue Sharing with team members

Progress: Currently I have some characters rendered and working on more as we speak and as well setting up a GDD

Description: The game will be an R18+ fully interactive story driven single player adventure action game with male protagonist. The main environment theme is cyberpunk/sci fi based world and characters. The game will have sex scenes and multiple female characters the player can pursue. As far the sexual fetishes, that will come down to what the team agree they comfortable with doing. A small list of fetishes considered are: incest, milf, group sex, romance, female domination, male domination, harem, sleep sex. This is a project in which I plan to establish and register as a legitimate company, so this is a potential long term partnership with intentions to consistently make new titles. I am looking for ambitious and dedicated individuals, eager to get started in game development.

Requirements:
- Skill Level: Mid Level to Advanced
- Dedicated and hard working
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with team
- Passion and desire to provide your best work
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ambition to get experience in game development
- Dependable and supportive of team members
- Bring positive energy and good chemistry to the team
- Ability to take constructive critiques

If you are interested in being a part of the team please DM me on Discord: @Centricate #1307 with some examples of your work, a brief description about your experience and personality and how dedicated you can be to the project. Or feel free to email me: signaturecentricate@gmail.com

U

User_920791

Unless you (or your project) are quite famous, only a few amateurs will be willing to give up their time and effort without receiving any immediate payment.

If you are a developer and have experience with 3D modeling, it is perfectly possible to create a demo on your own to try to raise financial resources through Patreon or direct donations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: gamersglory

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
WOW. A lot of Balls for a nube and you want all those people to listen to your ideas for free and make a demo for free. Also putting job requirements like it fucking pays for something. :ROFLMAO: You can't make a AAA game on an F- Budget

Last edited:

Centricate

Nov 28, 2018
WOW. A lot of Balls for a nube and you want all those people to listen to your ideas for free and make a demo for free. Also putting job requirements like it fucking pays for something. :ROFLMAO: You can't make a AAA game on an F- Budget
I do understand very well how you feel, I must say, before looking I knew very well it was very ambitious of me, however, there is no harm in my efforts. And as for the listening to my ideas, it is not much about having them listen to all my ideas. That would actually be quite idioc of me to even think to impose such a thing on other just as passionate and creative individuals. Rather I wanted to gather a group of like minded individuals who may spark an interest in the genre of Adult games and a passion for game development, in which we could then bring all of our ideas together and allow everyone’s particular niche or style to give light to something even more brilliant than one mind could do alone. I must say from personal experience in my other endeavors the old cliche “2 minds are greater than one” holds true indeed. It surely does does take a good deal of money to make a AAA game and quite a lot I’ve invested myself in software and licenses. Not to worry though, I have written the entire story and created some concept art and characters already myself. However daunting the task of working alone that won’t stop my passion. But I do thank you for your insight!

Last edited:
Reactions: Abibliboop

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
Work on your Demo for the project on your own to start. Once people notice the game, give feedback, support you etc. Then maybe slowly start recruiting more people. If you have 5 people for example working for free. And your game doesnt get the traction you anticipated (Just using this as an example, No intentions of offending you), people will start leaving slowly. Especially if they have been garunteed some sort of revenue/income. Which could potentially ruin the flow with your game and cause unneccessary delays.

Best advice is to: Start solo then grow gradually over time.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Sounds a bit... big. You may find a lot of responses from the general internet community to be in conflict with your, professionalism.

Have you ever done any of this before? You say you tend to be a jack of all trade, and I am in the same boat, I am guessing you have probably worked on many side or personal projects before, and are now trying to make something more realizable, something more or less professional. I am in a similar state but a bit too busy with college to commit to anything else.

The reason I say it is a bit big, isn't because I think the idea of the game itself is too big for your potential skill level (which in general after all my personal projects even if I had a team I personally would aim for a smaller game idea), but your vision of the process seems too... professional, too professional for something that usually gets executed non-professionally. By professional, I just mean, to be handled orderly, neat, rigid, or organized, but in my experience unless you can secure money for people for full-time employment so their energy is not divided or compromised, the work style is pretty free-flowing, people come and go, and it just depends on what work you can offer that will keep people's interest for one or two assignments. or at least that's what I find produces the most results.

Your requirements section sounds like an employer, which inadvertently is asking for serious but unspecified time commitment, which when asking for volunteers without pay, is the biggest question we have, what sort of commitment are you looking for, there will be up to two weeks were I have to focus on my degree, and weeks were I am absolutely free to go ham on code (which is my main element for ten years, second to electronics)

At least, that is my more elaborated recap on what @gamersglory and @Anika Factory were trying to point out.

Instead, what you may find more successful, as I alluded to, is instead of asking people to get on board, by just having small assignments (make this code, this art, need help writing this scene), and with that single assignment, the volunteer can have an idea of time commitment (if they know what they are doing) and can try their hand at it, and this way they don't have to worry about serious commitment and be scared off before even doing anything (plus a good way to get ready for working with other programmers in serious corporations is to get used to taking other peoples code, going through it, cleaning it up, improving and understanding it, and maybe rewriting it, that way things are less of a patched together mess). Granted this is slower but at least I never feel like the bad guy if I have to ask someone for something and they no longer have any motivation since they don't need to feel that I or others are relying on them.

Continuing with what @Obsidu noted last night, I wouldn't say a demo is actually the best starting point. The game idea you have suggested doesn't even look like something that could be finished in 2 years with 5 people working on it (unless say, everyone is fully employed, but I am just shooting in the dark, the art seems to be the death of just about any project in my experience). I say, and this is just from my own experience, not that it is any good advice or accurate or pertaining to anyone other than myself; do a 'refine tech' demo. (I am just making this term up)

here is how I would place things, if say I was making a second generation mario game
  1. Tech demo (make a box that can move around and jump and do basic platforming)
  2. Refined tech demo (figure out what I can do in terms of art, and apply that to the tech demo, pixel art ball that roles around)
  3. MVP or minimum viable product (using the refined demo to test game mechanics and art, try to design a simple game around just that and make it a game on its own, the first level, the core game mechanic of jumping and running platforming. sometimes this is the refined tech demo itself, or you could rebuild it new after now having an idea for the game, the ball is now redrawn as mario, added an animation feature, maybe some gold coins but that is a bit beyond MVP)
  4. alpha (plan a bigger, a serious game with a goal, adding in features, enemies, different levels with different designs, other mechanics)
  5. beta ( polish what you have, add in the art, break the game and fix it )
  6. v1.0 (release the game, and be ready for all the hate because that's life)
The point of a refined tech demo is to not make a demo of your game, but just, make a tech demo that looks good. A tech demo usually only has 1 goal, such as a few game mechanics, nothing that is really a game or even playable. For example, I made code for unity to make a point and click game, but the code only needs to be dragged and dropped on art, no extra coding is needed once the art is imported, with that I have a basic point and click tech demo just using some buttons to click between rooms of an imaginary house. A basic mechanic for more advanced games such as many Newgrounds games. A refined tech demo is more about testing your ability and process to make art, another example, I am using blender and custom shader trees to make pixel art.

Once you have a foundation (the tech demo) and a process (making art and applying it to the teck demo), this will be your bread and butter. try and design a game knowing that this is how you will be making the game. Since I know the art will be limited (not animated, only basic 2.5d style, focus on simple commands like clicking), which is something I have to force myself to do (there is nothing stopping me from animating or using different art) because having limitations acts as guides, which is good. The result is you will have a much more focused game (trying to do too many kinks at once in a game tends to dilute the content it seems, both in my personal opinion, and many of the people I have asked report the same). A good way to think about where to start is to think, where can you get the most bang for your buck? making text based games have the max bang per buck, max content per unit of effort to make, but are bad at holding the audience attention (especcially for NSFW community), meanwhile something more simple and quick (point and click with minimal art and story) is quick to capture attention, mechanically simple, and gives you an idea of what you can and cant/wont do. Tho this takes a bit of practice to get good at figuring limitations, to try and make quick and simple games.

side note
register as a legitimate company
I hope that if you bothered to read my wall of text above (I have a bad habit of writing too much), it came across as legitimate, supportive, hopefully constructive, and not discouraging. But at this point, when I read this, I had a face, where I had to stop, take a breath, and continue calmly. Do you know how much money it takes to do that? If you could do that, one, that is something you want to do ahead of time (legally difficult to do after the fact, which adds more cost), and the money it would take to do that, well lets just say it should be expected that if you could, you could also pay to employ people. Fun fact, if you license yourself and trademark (an example of why things are expensive is I had to pay someone $800 just to check to see if the trademark wasn't already claimed yet, as just part of the first step after paying the previous fees to just get the papers to fill out, and every process along the way was its own fee) that if you get called by telemarketers or 'you won a crusie' and they want to ask some questions, tell them that they will have to pay a consultation fee (something like '$50 for the first 5 minutes and 8$ for every minute after that, who should I be billing?') they hang up so fast, and remove you from their call list, it's hilarious!

But overall, if these is how serious you are about getting into your project, that is great to hear, but don't expect your team to motivate you, you need to motivate yourself, and it sounds like you have done so before to learn all your skills, now is the altimate test, to commit to something (this project or picking something more realizable) and working on it without expecting anyone will ever see it, complement it, help or approve of it. getting started is 90% of the effort sometimes (trying to get started each day, not just the first part of the project) , and usually the feedback is the reward, and both of these issues are solved if someone makes you work and makes it so people give feedback (a job basically) but with volunteering and hobby-work this is gone, making it hard to do large projects, or to get people to join, and it takes resolve to get over these instincts to, as @Obsidu mentioned, make a demo. having not just a demo, but a work flow is the scafolding others will need to be able to join (with minimal effort from their part). Don't expect others to actually work, they only do what is fun and interesting for them (such as coding or using Blender for me), so try to minimize baries such as organizing or commitments when possible. (though I am still testing some of these ideas out and not sure that everything mentioned above is any better than what you are already trying to do).

fish2020

Dec 12, 2018
To coincide with your F- budget I can be attached to your project at at F- level. I can code.

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
I came here to make you cry and go home to your basement. But your pitch is well done buddy. Id strongly suggest you put forward something to show what YOU are contributing. Basically youre saying " come do what i want.. im the boss.. if youre good enough ill let you work for me for free". That's not going to cut it even with amateurs..