[New Game] I need some tips.. I'm creating a +18 parody of detroit become human.

ueslei14

May 23, 2017
I am creating my first VN + 18 and I need a little help ..
The game is about a +18 parody of the game Detroit Become Human..
One of the main characters will fall in love with an android ...
Do androids have feelings?
explore the game and discover all the "humanity of an android".
Break all the limits, all the barriers, all the prejudices.

"Yes, androids fuck better than meat"

What features did you want to see in a vn?
What makes a VN repetitive?
What makes a VN uninteresting.

PS: Game name not official

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
What features did you want to see in a vn?
A fun and interesting story. The best VN know that the story isn't about the sex. Even in an incest game who's only point is two people who are related fucking, the story is about hiding and or bypassing the taboo of incest. Keep that in mind for everything you do. Give your character's fully realized motivations, make them feel real.

What makes a VN repetitive?
The stairway to heaven being implemented at a snails pace. Especially in a game where that doesn't make sense. Too many developers think that the reward of their game is the sex. But that's not the case. The reward is the relationship. It may sound like a strange distinction but the difference is sex being the end of the story versus sex being a natural and necessary part of it.

What makes a VN uninteresting.
When the Developer has a real vision. Seriously. If you don't know what will make your story interesting then stop. Figure it out. And come back to the project when you're ready. We can't give you a catch all that will make your game interesting. It's up to you to convince us that it is.

ueslei14

May 23, 2017
When the Developer has a real vision. Seriously. If you don't know what will make your story interesting then stop. Figure it out. And come back to the project when you're ready. We can't give you a catch all that will make your game interesting. It's up to you to convince us that it is.

I agree with you, but people often have different opinions. 90% of VN +18 are uninteresting. (my opinion)
I made the post because .. I followed the most downloaded games and
almost all are sex sex sex and a poor story.

epw14

Jun 28, 2017
In my humble opinion:

Story is god.

It drives everything. Absolutely everything, from game world, to the characters' motivations, right down to how you're lighting a particular scene.

First, figure out your story (stop everything else / no more renders / wondering about which game engine to use / etc). Be able to express the overall gist of the story in one or two sentences, no more (and have this 'gist' tie-in with the story's title [yes, figure out the title as well]).

Once you've got the story summed up in a few sentences with a title that works, and the people you tell seem interested (yeah, you need to tell people your idea to gauge if the direction you're aiming is good), then write out your story, scene by scene, from start to finish.

I know this is painful: you just want to get going / you'll figure it out as you go, but stop yourself. A house needs a good foundation if it is to stand, and story is the foundation.

Too many VNs I've played (the vast, vast, vast majority) pay little to no attention on story, and as a result we end up with projects that never get finished, or worse, we end up with games where I'm thinking, 'I am so fucking bored right now, but I want to see if X has sex with Y ... actually, screw it, I'm a coder so I'll just rip out the images and save myself anymore bullshit'.

So ... story first, game engine (probably Ren'Py or Unity), then pretty pictures. People will come for the pretty pictures, but it's the story that will keep them coming back for more (pretty pictures without context are nothing more than eye-candy and we tire of that quickly).

This may be overkill, but ... just my two-cents ...

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Assume the premise of westworld. Help the hosts/androids awaken themselves through genuine love. It sounds cheesy but attaiting consciousness and sentience has never been established in decision-driven adult games involving artificial intelligence.

Let the androids be programmed to exhibit these tendencies but they are not genuine, or so they thought. Let the main protagonist uncover or aid an android realize that the emotions she exhibit are true because it's true, not because it's programmed. You can delve into philosophical exposition while doing so, emotions are merely synapses, coded and programmed in the DNA. Thus, human and instinctive animal emotions would be no different of that of an android. Especially if the android passed the turing test which determines she is indeed of the same level of a human.

Reactions: Cirro84

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
This is just some things that crossed my mind while reading the OP. Androids will likely never have true feelings/emotions. They may eventually start being programmed well enough to fake it in a way that can suspend your disbelief for periods of time, but that's likely the best we can hope for, and for many that would be enough. I'd probably start with a premise like that. A good source of inspiration is an old episode of GitS:SAC that dealt with love doll androids that was pretty thought provoking:

I'm a bit torn on your decision to render the android with a bunch of obvious seams, lights and such. I tend to feel that in your attempt to strike a balance between those who want to fuck a robot and those who want life like android companions, that you kinda just ended up missing both marks by trying to split the difference. Based on the fact that you are proposing a futuristic setting where androids have become convincing enough for people to start questioning if they have feelings and junk about their humanity, I'd say it would make more sense for them to look pretty much straight up human at a glance, with hidden service compartments well out of sight. I feel the sexy robot thing is best done with a more straight up synthetic look, but that probably wouldn't fit this story.

Reactions: Cirro84