New Game idea.

Exotica

Jul 13, 2019
I am looking for a Developer who has just finished a project and is looking for something new to do.

I have had this idea in mind for about 5 years now and have been looking for something along the ;lines of it. The only thing I have found is "Latex Dungeon" while this is a great game it does not follow the path or Idea in mind.

Word of Caution this idea has many Tags that will be involved in the game itself. So I am looking for a developer or a team that has a good working knowledge of fetishes and tags.

As a incentive to said developer or team....if you desire to try and make some money off of it threw patron or whatever then that is fine by me. I am just an Idea person.

If interested please send me a message on here aka conversation.

Reactions: Rystvalya

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
So basically "I have a great idea" but you don't anyone what the idea is to get them interested?

You don't need some long, epic synopsis, but give people something to whet their interests.

Exotica

Jul 13, 2019
So basically "I have a great idea" but you don't anyone what the idea is to get them interested?

You don't need some long, epic synopsis, but give people something to whet their interests.
Just take a closer look and you will see a hint as to what it might be

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I know, but all you've said is that "Its similar". That only gives the barest hint of what your idea is.

You're trying to sell an idea and trying to drum up interest. Saying that your idea "is like X" isn't going to get people interested, they're going to read that and pass it over. If you don't have the passion to really sell your idea, than developers you're looking for aren't going to be interested.

tomcire

Jun 12, 2018
I don't want to be rude but I have to say it: idea guys are NOT a thing in development.
Are you a writer, an artist, a game designer (who can build tons of documentation to explain how to build the game) or whatever?
No?
Then work on yourself.
Everybody has ideas, you are not the first to have brilliant ones.
If you would like to see someone work on it than share it PUBLICLY maybe someone will pick it up. Maybe not.

Reactions: Domiek

NoxAeternae

Jul 8, 2018
Ideas don't make games just as ideas don't write books. Everyone has ideas but only when someone decides to put in the effort that they become something worth following through. I'm willing to bet that anyone who has the skillset or the drive to create a game does not suffer from a lack of ideas so the value of an idea is close to zero. I'm not saying this to be rude or to discourage you but if you have an idea, first work on it, create something however rudimentary and only then will people be willing to join your project.

Exotica

Jul 13, 2019
Ok ok I get it, everyone thinks I am just a back water idiot. Yet they do not want to stop and think that maybe there is a reason why I placed this here. I do not like talking about it because it reminds me of my own limitations. So here it goes I may still be wrong for saying it.

As you all know we are in self isolation until this covid19 gets taken care of. When that happens mostly every one can get back to a normal life. For me thats not the case... I spend almost 4 days every week going back and forth to doctors hospitals on a regular basis. When younger I broke my hand to a point where i shattered every bone in the hand so that limits me on what I can do, There is no magic for me like Dr Strange that can fix it in the real world. it is taking me grat effot to just explain this to all. Other limitations happen to be RLS or restless leg syndrome, meaning it is hard for me to sit on a computer to even beggin to try and figure it out for myself. I also have poor eye sight, basically to explain it to you imagine taking a old glass coke bottle cut off the bottom of the glassmely it enough to distort the glass then look through it, Thats My right eye each day it gets worse and worse.

So if I crossed a line and brought myself out of my shell to ask for help then I plead guilty to the crime

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
No one is attacking you.
If anything, you're getting advice on how to succeed.

But what you need to realise is that people won't go into a project blind. And the best way to grab there attention is to be upfront about things.

Which scenario do you think is more likely to happen:
A - Someone has an "idea". 90% of developers will pass it over because there's nothing to grab their attention.
or
B - Someone posts their idea, explaining what they have planned, with a brief synopsis and a list of expected fetishes. Straight away, developers see whats on offer and see something they can work with.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Most developers active on f95zone have some idea. It would be uninteresting for me to work on someone else's idea and I think it's true for almost all developers of adult visual novels and games.
The development of adult visual novels and games is mostly carried out by one-man teams, except for a few bigger projects.

Reactions: Domiek

NoxAeternae

Jul 8, 2018
I doubt anyone thinks you're an idiot but I think you have a naivé idea of how game development works. Deciding to work on a game means months if not years of your time spent on something you may or more likely may not get any financial returns from. That is especially true for indie development so when people do it, that usually means they are really passionate and already have an idea that they believe in/want to see accomplished. I doubt anyone would be willing to spend so much time on someone elses idea unless they are either getting paid or the other person is also deeply involved in the process of creation. I don't know you or your limitations but there are so many ways to contribute to a project. Maybe you can't do art, maybe you can't program but at the very least you should be able to write. So do that, create a script and then try to get people on board. Passionate people don't just come up with an idea, pass it onto someone else and call it a day. They try their best to see that idea into completion. And if you want other people to show passion for your idea the least you can do is show you're also passionate and that you believe in your idea, not just with words but also through action.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Look at how the movie industry work. You don't just pitch an idea. You write a whole manuscript and start pass it around to see if someone bite. If someone bite, it usually get re-written dozens of times, before it even might finalize in something.

Reactions: Domiek and DawnCry

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
If you want to have any hope of having your idea made into a game then at the very least you have to work it quite a bit by designing a "game design document", this document explains the following in detail:

-General overview of the MC and his/her situation
-Lore of the world and anything important to know
-Mechanics and how they are applied into the game
-Main characters of the game
-Content (be it some quests, situations, global events...)

Let's do a fast example shall we?:

Our MC currently lives in the Illadah village, which is under the Holy Empire, after the death of his mother (his last relative alive) decided that it was time to go on an adventure, what will he do in his travels? perhaps he will be just a spectator of the changes? will he take action himself to change things? or perhaps he will be overwhelmed and forced to do things against his will?.

About the lore of the game we would have 3 main religions:

-Holy church: Followers of the goddess of light and equality Allaenah, they believe that each man should have just one woman and that relationships should be proper, albeit they can tolerate people don't following their doctrine there are 3 taboos that they won't:

*Having sex with monsters voluntarely: Monsters are followers of the dark goddess Enarah, created by her corruption of the world, so having sex with those creatures goes directly against the beliefs of the church.

*Having sex with a follower of Illayah: Illayah is the futanari goddess, the myth said that she was the wife of Zehor, both gods were married to each other however Zehor was always having sexual adventures with human women, but one time it became too serious, Zehor fell in love with the female human Henera, seeing the situation Illayah decided to take revenge of both, her revenge towards her husband was to cut off his dick so that he would never be able to cheat again, towards his lover Henera, she decided to fuse the dick of her husband in her body and she would fuck her with the member that so many times had been within her.

But ironically while Illayah was having sex with Henera they fell in love with each other, Illayah then decided that the origin of the sin was on her husband and feeling pleased with the current situation decided to maintain her new dick. Related to Henera she accepted the gift of Illayah and became the first futanari in the world.

*Using evil arts such as mind manipulation to influence other people: Allaenah gave the humans their soul and the evil arts take a direct impact upon it, that's why if discovered anyone that used evil arts will be considered an enemy of the church.

This is just a bit of an overview and a bit of lore, overall this isn't useful at all because there would be many things to talk about, races of monsters, humanoid races, overall war situation, world events, minor gods, explanation of dark arts and their effects, fight system, important characters...

Don't go with the "I have an idea" if you don't develop it, it is a lot of work but that's what give that idea value.

Look at how the movie industry work. You don't just pitch an idea. You write a whole manuscript and start pass it around to see if someone bite. If someone bite, it usually get re-written dozens of times, before it even might finalize in something.
Yes, this comment is about right.