New Game / Questions / ADS

Raymondo

Nov 17, 2017
Hello

I would like to ask a question about games in this post.

I'm working on a small game based on independent chapters. That means there is a main character who can move freely in a world and address certain "objects / persons" who can then start a small story. At the end you will be brought back to the start world.

I had decided for this system, because I often want to do something new. If I would e.g. make a normal story with 4 characters and build up a story over several chapters, it can be that I want something different and the models might bore me. Therefore I decided for a male main character, who can get entangled in short stories.

Later on I could also entangle the little stories with each other, so that there is a much bigger story that comes together.

I was also thinking about having patreon vote on what comes next or if one of the old stories deserves some kind of sequel. Let's say a certain model was well received and the people would like a sequel.

The question I ask myself is how you advertise your game. Do you simply offer your game to an uploader of F95 and look at the people's contributions and decide whether the game is well received or not?

If we assume that 1 chapter has about 60-100 pictures, would you sell each story again in an erotic store? (since they are independent mini stories in my case). For Patreon e.g. the complete game with all the trimmings and every progress will be documented and extended with surveys?

I mainly work alone because I have often noticed that projects break down when a certain person leaves like an important member who e.g. creates the pictures. I wanted someone who would correct the english so that it would arrive error free as I don't speak english as my main language.

Many thanks for your answers

Best regards

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
A perspective from someone who literally had the same questions a week ago. I was in the process of asking a mod to release my game for me, when an uploader did for me anyway, so yeah the first step is contact an uploader if thats the way you want to go with it. The only spot I advertise my game is here, I started in the Daz show us your skill thread or whatever it is called before I finished the demo. Before the release I had 8 followers on patreon simply from my sig and two $1 patreons, one of which was my mate from facebook. Just from the one release a week ago of 30 min demo with not a great deal in it to do, I picked up 20 extra followers and 2 patreons, might not sound a lot but to me it is considering I'm not a prolific poster on here.