New Games

Edgame

Jan 5, 2019
Hey guys, i've played some of the game here, and i wanted to learn more about to make one by myself. I wanted to do one in renpy but i see there are a lot of things to do besides that. IF POSSIBLE can someone list me what i need to do and what programs to use ? I've just opened renpy and i see a lot of coding to be done, not a problem, but where are those nice renders done, and hot to modify them by our needs ? As you can see i have a lot of questions, and i expect by the end of the day a full tutorial on what to do, at least, and what programs and so on .... also how to animate and get those into the game ... basically i wanna know how to make a game from scratch.

I appreciate your help, god bless. Love this forum.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
DAZ3D is the program you are looking for when it comes to renders.
It is free and it has many tutorials around the internet.

-edit-

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
About the renders, keep in mind the specs you have. As to render a fair amount of pics, say, per month, you need at least, a top GPU.

Edgame

Jan 5, 2019
So it's no altenative to this ? also i see there are a lot of packages to buy for different models, although you can get them for free on torrents or whatever, though i wanted to keep clean.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
No, there are many alternatives... You can even render stuff on blender.

Edgame

Jan 5, 2019
@LP83 i think i have a decent pc to render things, not designed for renders though, but a gaming pc, but still should be enough ....

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I am serious...
Blender has plugins to create humanoids or you can import existing ones in it to render a whole scene or single objects (example: )

DAZ3D is the most used for this kind of stuff and this forum has various assets you can try out.
As for your GPU... I have made a thread in the past:
TLDR; You should be fine, you can at least try.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Daz Studio is I think the one with the less learning curve, and also, as it's popular, it has tons of assets to you. You even have a subforum dedicated to that here.

@LP83 i think i have a decent pc to render things, not designed for renders though, but a gaming pc, but still should be enough ....
Gaming and 3D rendering PCs kinda go hand by hand, as the more RAM, CPU and GPU you have, the faster they will be able to render a scene, or play at 60fps with ultra settings

One thing you need to keep in mind, that if you are planning a scene in DAZ, and when rendering the whole scene can't fit into the GPU's ram, Daz will render if completely using CPU, which of course, will be a lot slower.
There are plugins that calculate how much ram you will need for said scene

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
DAZ3D is the program you are looking for when it comes to renders.
It is free and it has many tutorials around the internet.

Hold on a minute. Some people want diversity around here. Tired of seeing the victoria race all the time, and genesisians.
There are other options besides Daz.

XNALara / XPS pose studio.
image upload failed

Honey Select Unlimited

The Klub 17

Manga Studio

Edgame

Jan 5, 2019
Ok, daz it is, i assume i can render some animations also there ? I don't wanna do something with still photos, seen some REALLY GOOD animations here with max or whatever, wanted to use that as well.
I'm asking because i wanted to make a list of what i need to do BEFORE starting a new project. I will need a few decent english speakers to corect me but that later. Right now i need to know how i start and what to do.