HTML - Abandoned - New Life - Don't Mess it Up [v0.3.1] [Bpy]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Nymphonomicon

I like the overall presentation and what story there is. I see a good amount of potential for this game's future. I would really like to see the story develop further, for example, what was this old life that our player character escaped from to start the "New Life" presented in the title? Will that old life pop up in her current one and threaten to bring what happiness she has down?
  2. 5.00 star(s)

downloadu

The stats system is poorly balanced and there are no way of avoiding submission to he neighbor. Still the amount of content makes up for it. The game shapes up to be one of the greats.
    Thank you for sharing.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

katmandomo

Reviewed version: 0.2.4

Barebones life simulator of an unfortunate girl who is living in rapeville, Russia.

The basic gameplay loop is you work to earn money to pay for your crackhouse apartment. There is a check on most activities where it will show you a short BDSM video and a couple of lines of text about how you get abused by someone and then it's over.

There are stats to grind that can unlock the ability to get a better job, or simply leveling up your current job. Some, like exhibitionism, unlock more BDSM video clips.

I found it hard to relate with the main character at all. They're just kind of a void that exists for guys to tie up and stick their dick into.

As far as the difficulty goes, the grind is pretty severe but it's hard to lose. Even the lowly janitor job levels up to being a manager that pulls in $200/day easily (for your weekly $150 rent). There are some random events that will rob you of your cash, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky to not be able to make rent.

My biggest annoyance is even after I've worked up to a well paying job and am wearing designer chic clothes I never leave that fleabitten hellhole of starter hostel room. The way the game handles food is kind of strange too. It makes a big deal about not overeating--eat one meal too many and it will undo a week's worth of exercise--but eating is entirely optional and mostly useless. It only gives you 5 energy, while most worthwhile events need 35 or 40 energy. It feels like yet another underbaked aspect of the game.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

amd_dman

It's a hodge podge of random gifs/webm files with no clear story or direction. Even as a sandbox it's very minimal at best, the skeleton is there but as it is it's just flat. There's also no lead up to anything to the events that do happen. Like when you work as a maid for only 2 days then all of a sudden a gif shows up of you being tied up BDSM style with no clear reason why or how you got there in the first place. The flavor text is usually some one liner of "You worked and your boss now ties you up to do things to you."

The progression system that is currently in place seems to be unused, especially considering the random events can portray something that would never happen just out of the blue. This needs to be fixed.

In short, clear direction, lead up to events, and some form of clear progression would be nice. As it stands now none of that is in place.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

rhev

If you like HTML lewd games (I do) and you like games about corruption (I do) and you also like BDSM bondage type scenes (I do!) then you'll like what Bpy is doing so far with New Life Don't mess it up.

As of the 0.2.4 edition, the game functions and functions well enough. There seems to be a good balance of having to grind out the mechanics with a large enough variation that you don't get too bored too quickly. There's a progression system through the jobs. There's also a framework for future growth.

Unfortunately I'm only going to give it three stars as of the 2.4 version because while it does these things well, it doesn't really innovate or engross unless you're into the above kinks, as well as non-con pseudo rape. What do I mean by that? Well, you get raped, quite a lot in fact, but your character shrugs it off without even the slightest hint that she's bothered by it. Leading me to wonder if it's rape or not, because the text is a bit lacking around these events and gives no clue as to how you feel about them, only some stat choices. Ultimately leading to the feeling that your character not only expects to get raped, sometimes multiple times a day, but enjoys it.

It's a bit strange to be honest.

This game isn't bad. I'd even go so far as to say it's fairly good, and has a decent amount of content. But the heavy focus on corruption, non-con, pseudo-rape, and BDSM might be a turn off for some people.

As for me? I enjoyed it.