New one here, need help

Edgame

Jan 5, 2019
Well, hi guys, i'm new here, relatively new, as I've downloaded and played most of the games that this platform has to offer for a while ...

I've checked what other people say during their introduction so i guess i might just do the same.

First, let me warn you i'm not a native english speaker and i might misspell something here and there.
Lately I've wanted to do something similar of the games i have played here or mix them up or whatever. So in the back of my head i started thinking on a plot and a timeline as well as of a backstory for a game. Well that's nice, but i don't have any experience with game engine and modeling ... So I looked up the forum and found daz3d to be the program to go. I've downloaded it and it looks like matrix. This was less than a week ago. Started to watch some tutorials to get me familiar with the tabs and the essentials, and it clicked really good. I've watched only ... like 15 minutes of a tutorial so i could navigate trough the program myself. I was clumsy in the beginning but i started to understand more and more. First things first i downloaded a bunch of stuff from free websites to have something to work with and experiment with it myself. It was ok, i was happy about the progress in such a short notice. But something was not completely right, as i aspire to more realistic looks and i discover that you can do that only with nvidia cards. FML, as i only rendered with 3DLight because i knew that i don't have nvidia to use iray (found this in like 2 hours after installing the program). So i've used a Radeon RX 580 because that's what i have, and my monitors user fresync which is made for this video card. The 3Dlight is ok, but i can't really do any realistic renders on it, which i aspire to do. So i think soon i'l be eating ramen noodels if i can gen my hands on a cheap nvidia card. I don't have a lot of money so ... whatever ...

In the meantime i've downloaded ren'py and started reading the documentation ... it's crap and outdated. Had to look and look and look for some basic things until i found some commands that i would understand and start using. As a backstory, i used to do custom plugins for Counter Strike 1.6 ... otherwise i have no prior background in programming ... i have find that ren'py is a bit weird and clunky and it requires a lot of attention so this is where i will spend some time, because if i wanna do something in this direction, i wanna make sure i know every think about this program so i can maximize every single part of it.

I haven't decided yet if my first game will be just an intro at the beginning of a story and start developing from there or if i'll just make a novel for the first time without too many choices to make, just to make sure that i can get something trough. I have an ideea of what direction i will follow but i'm just at the beginning, developing characters. Here are some renders ... remember that i'm only one week into this, don't be too hard on me.

I've decided that i will proceed with this and make a full game after i will get an nvidia card, because i can get the characters more realistic and i'm that kind of a person, i like perfection. Well, if i'm at this topic, can i get an advice? I'm not gonna ask hot to setup a patreon account, but i am curious, even if you do and you have the best renders in the world, and the game is great, whatsoever ... how do you promote the patreon link ? I'm guessing it's not only on this forum, but since i'm a rookie i have no ideea, so i'm just asking. Is there a forum for that except this one?

I know no one would invest on something that's not real but the dreams are dreams. Any help would be appreciated.

So that's my intro, what do you think? Nice to meet you too :)

Jon_Sleeper

Nov 14, 2018
Hi, great to you know that you have decided to make this game.
Some threads that I found regarding the information you are looking for