New Project: "Descendants of the Goddess" an NTR game.

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
image (1).png

Hello everyone!
Today I wanted to introduce you all to the game I've been planning for some time and now I've decided to start developing it.

Synopsis:
Max, a knight apprentice of the court and Mei, a descendant of the goddess are charged with the mission of investigating and destroying a darkness that is ravaging a remote village and could soon endanger the entire continent.
Soon Max and Mei have an accident dealing with the darkness and Max ends up in coma because of that. Mei will have to do everything possible to end the darkness and restore Max's consciousness.

Edit: forgot to mention, protagonists are married. You play as Max in the prologue, then as Mei in the first part of the game and then with Max again.

The game is developed in RPG Maker MV and with Daz3D art.

RPG MAKER? UGH, WHY THAT ENGINE?

Hey, easy :)
I understand the problems that many have with RPG Maker, the non-stop grind, the battles that for some are boring, etc ...

That's why the combat in my game will be like this:(This video has been updated to 26/10 build)

...although there will be classic fights for important battles.

I leave you some images of Max and Mei... I will soon share more on my discord server.
I invite you all to join if you are interested in the project:

MaxIzquierda.png MeiIzquierda.png MeiYMaxCaminando.png

Last edited:

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
So you are spanish, seeing it from the combat messages.

I will evaluate what you have shown:

-Combat: It's kind of nice to have a combat system like that, especially if you have to grind levels, however I hope that the heroes take damage each time they "insta-win" unless there is quite a big difference of levels.

The main battles even if you are gonna use the RPG maker fight system it would be nice to take care of details. If you leave it at that the game will have a feeling of cheap.

-Maps: You need different resources for the game, try to find some free resources or perhaps manage to get some "paid" ones, the first thing I noticed in the game is the difference between portraits, maps against character pictures.

You should add custom portraits for the characters in the game and I would truly recommend remaking the maps in a style more according with the pictures.

-Concept: It's kind of hard to say that a female protagonist game is NTR, mainly because NTR means being stolen of your loved one, if we can't identify with the male lead it's more on the lines of cheating and even for that they would need a relationship between them.

I kind of would prefer to be Max in the game rather than the female lead, another point is if there are gonna appear more female characters (romancable, sexable).

To tell you the truth I have seen many interesting NTR concepts, will leave a few to give ideas:

1º The heroine can get captured if defeated and fucked.

2º There are characters trying to woo the heroine and you have to stop their plans before it's too late.

3º The heroine can be mind controlled/manipulated bit by bit.

4º The heroine can get into relationships with people and break them

The first one is kind of the "bad ending NTR", leave her enough time and the game ends with a scene of her being fucked and loving it.

The second and third one are kind of related in the sense that other characters try to force the female lead into NTR, if you let it continue too much she would love it and may even leave the relationship she has with you. Those ways can choose between "bad ending NTR" or "Continue playing", the second type just means that just because she is currently in love with another character you won't lose, in fact there are a few NTR games in which you can recover your girlfriend if you lose her to another character.

About 4º... it's kind of letting the female lead fall in love with characters, being able to interact with each other and if you aren't careful she will become the girlfriend of other people, it isn't truly NTR in the sense that she isn't in a relationship but rather it's more like "who seduces her first".

Reactions: SonaGate

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
So it's going to be female protagonist then? Not much of an ntr game.
There's a lot of NTR games with female protagonists, but I understand what you mean. One important thing I forgot to mention and it's spoiler, is that the prologue is played from Max's point of view, then the first part of the game is played from Mei's point of view and then the second part from Max's point of view.

So you are spanish, seeing it from the combat messages.

I will evaluate what you have shown:

-Combat: It's kind of nice to have a combat system like that, especially if you have to grind levels, however I hope that the heroes take damage each time they "insta-win" unless there is quite a big difference of levels.

The main battles even if you are gonna use the RPG maker fight system it would be nice to take care of details. If you leave it at that the game will have...
- Yes, my native language is Spanish. The translation is a combination of DeepL and English spelling that I have learned and I want to study in depth so that it is not too "engrish".

- I'm currently planning on the characters losing HP in the fight, I'll implement that when I can make HP visible at all times.

On the other hand, the battles will be decided based on the Attack, Defense and maybe based on evasion, but I will study this further.

The main battles will be unique, in fact what appears in the video is an unmodified standard fight, it is only there to advance in the other parts of the prologue, that will be completely modified in the first versions or test build that I plan to launch.

- About the map, I decided first to look at the rest of the content and then later to improve the maps, although the map currently in the video is an old version of the current one.

- About custom portraits, I don't know if it will be redundant as it is currently showing an image. EDIT: I just realized that in that video the image of Mei doesn't appear when she speak, I reiterate, it's an old version.

- Female protagonist: you can read what I answered to Frustratedbuffalo.

- There will be another woman who will receive content... soon I will share an image of the concept(WIP). But in this game, the protagonist who will receive the most content (by far) is Mei.

And the characters have a relationship, they are married, I forgot to include it in the synopsis.

- The options you have presented are good, but they are not compatible with the current story. What I can tell you is that there are currently planned sequels and some of the things you suggest will be included, but I can't reveal much about that because that will be in the future.

If any of you have more doubts, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharan

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
"Sarah" WIPs concepts.

She's the head of the Oakville Adventurers Guild headquarters. I can't reveal much about her without making spoilers :p SarahIzquierda.png Sarah.png

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If you have a story in mind dev then you go for it. Don't change it for anyone because then you aren't making your game, you are making someone else's and that will kill your passion.

Stick to your guns and make the game you want.

I kind of would prefer to be Max in the game rather than the female lead,
I read it and it clearly says you'll start as Max then he'll be in a coma and you take over as his wife then when he wakes up you'll play him again.

I can't speak for everyone but i'd imagine playing as someone in a coma staring at a black screen for a few hours might be boring as fuck.

To each their own.

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I read it and it clearly says you'll start as Max then he'll be in a coma and you take over as his wife then when he wakes up you'll play him again.

I can't speak for everyone but i'd imagine playing as someone in a coma staring at a black screen for a few hours might be boring as fuck.

To each their own.
To be fair, I added that later, I hadn't explained some things well, my fault.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
To be fair, I added that later, I hadn't explained some things well, my fault.
Totally your fault.

Not changing my post though, took me a whole 3 and a half minutes to think up that snark and i'm not wasting it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Dual protagonist is actually one of the good ways to do NTR. The male protagonist POV is best in terms of stirring that NTR feelings of despair and jealousy, but it puts extreme limits on the scenes. You are limited to things like voyeur and DVD/online videos that get posted etc. Female POV lets you go with any scenario, but it will feel more like cheating rather than NTR. Dual protag gives you the most freedom and still feels very NTR.

You go around and get fucked with the female, and then later see the consequences (or stay oblivious mostly) with the male. Thunder Steel something something that japanese super robot NTR game does it like this. There is also In the House of the Despicable Family, which is a VN. It's 90% from female POV, but the small sections with the male POV is enough to give the game a strong NTR vibe. Are you going all in on NTR? If so, I really look forward to how this will turn out.

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Dual protagonist is actually one of the good ways to do NTR. The male protagonist POV is best in terms of stirring that NTR feelings of despair and jealousy, but it puts extreme limits on the scenes. You are limited to things like voyeur and DVD/online videos that get posted etc. Female POV lets you go with any scenario, but it will feel more like cheating rather than NTR. Dual protag gives you the most freedom and still feels very NTR.

You go around and get fucked with the female, and then later see the consequences (or stay oblivious mostly) with the male. Thunder Steel something something that japanese super robot NTR game does it like this. There is also In the House of the Despicable Family, which is a VN. It's 90% from female POV, but the small sections with the male POV is enough to give the game a strong NTR vibe. Are you going all in on NTR? If so, I really look forward to how this will turn out.
Exactly what I think. The game is full NTR. At one point I thought 2 alternative routes (love and corruption), but I don't like them as much as the NTR (practically I just play games with NTR now) and I wasn't going to give it enough attention, I prefer to focus on the NTR and get a better story.

Reactions: desmosome

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Updated combat video. I have taken the liberty of putting the new one in the first post as well.

SonaGate

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
hmmm duno about other people, but I prefer the old Sarah.
The good thing about this is that it can still be changed, so I'll hear what it looks like to others in the meantime too. Thanks for the feedback.