New RPG game idea but need a team to help

mepatuhoo

May 3, 2019
I'm working out a new idea for a story I know most of you will love. However my skills in making games is limited and my artistic skills are even more limited. I would like to find programmers and 2d/3d artists that would be interested in joining me on this project. This will be a great learning experience for me to work with such talented people. I'm also very dedicated to this story plot and assure all of you; with a good team I would like this RPG to be rich with story plot and a plethora of side story quests with dynamic story endings and objectives. This is not going to be a one shot, one episode think (they frustrate me to no end. You get involved into the story and it just abruptly ends). For the people interested in helping me on my journey into the game making world I welcome your knowledge and expertise.

This will be an adult game. I have not picked a game engine yet so advice from the team would be welcome. I have played around with unity3d but have never made a full game with it just tested different things.

The game concept is based on current times but a few years into the future but jumps into the past to build character background. You play the role of a man who has established great wealth and a global network that led you to establishing you own micro nation. From there; based on past experience from your younger years you will have future interactions with people that will lead to many interesting activities mixed with advancements in technology of the time; provides you with options you would otherwise wouldn't have with many normal interactions. I'll leave it at that for now I want some of it to be a surprise for when you play the final game.

The game will be full of lust, romance, heartbreak, revenge, passion, suspense, domination, and much more.
I hope you're excited.

Thank you in advance.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
There should be a bit more information. Right now it sounds like "I dream of a game" instead of "Let's make this happen."

Stuff like;
Revenue or just for fun project.
How will the revenue be shared? By job or split among the team equally.
How many hours do you expect people to work?
Want it to be VN style with RPG elements or do you want it to be 3d walking stuff.
Are you the writer of the team? Or do you expect everyone to write stuff?
Do you have a draft ready?
Any examples of writing work you have done to gauge your writing skills?
Preferred communication tools. Voice or messages only.

The more information you have the better the chance of the success of your project.
You need to put yourself in the shoe of the guys that are looking for jobs like these and ask yourself- would I take the jump and start such a big project with the information given on this thread? Or will I look for other threads?

Reactions: wuerbo