• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

New Year's Introduction Thread

Dracovian

Jan 2, 2024
Hello All

I am currently on here because I'm wanting to create software for developing games as well as modifying existing games, I have some years of experience with programming as a hobbyist and I am mostly self-taught. My most recent endeavor has been my hunt for games that were compiled for macOS since I've encountered a few MACH-O binaries that had their debugging symbols intact despite them supposedly being release builds. I'm sure this isn't the case for most programs compiled for macOS, but I've never encountered this as often for Windows and Linux binaries.

Sometimes I will write long-winded threads and posts and that's not much of an issue for me but I'll be more than glad to provide a tl;dr version of my threads and posts because I know that some people will see long spans of text and immediately feel some sense of anxiety and frustration. I'm not out here trying to type up entire novellas but I do feel the need to go in-depth for the sake of ensuring that I'm not having to make multiple posts with repeated references to one-another.

I also want to wish everyone here a happy new year, I don't tend to make any resolutions for each new year considering that I know how difficult it can be to adhere to those as time goes on and we forget what we were planning on doing differently this year versus the previous years.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Hey there
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Lerd0 and ZenMaru