Newbie in game developing questions

Potato95Zone

Oct 28, 2019
Hi everyone. To be short, i'd like to start programming a game on my own using rpgmaker, but i struggle with animations and stuff like that and so here i am with some questions...
I tried searching on the forums but i found no precise answers...
I thought about using Illusion's Studio NEO to make animated scenes (i don't plan to sell the game, so it should be all right... Right?). Do you think it can do the job? If yes, did you know any tutorial to learn the basics? If no, should i use another software (i heard about Daz3D, but i couldn't get what it is for)?
If i lack on details, please tell me and i'll add them. And thanks to everyone who will answer!!

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
A lot of the answers you seek can be found by searching this forum. I do not use Illusions Studio NEO so cannot make a judgment about it, however if you are looking to creat animations then you can use Daz3d to do this. but then, there are other programs that will make creating the animations easier.

Unfortunately they tend to come with a steep learning curve. Daz is used to render still images, you create a scene environment, add figures, props whatever else you desire, hit render and you will have a rendered image. It will be flat and won't win awards, but it get's you started.

As for learning these things, well. google is your friend, theres alot of tutorials online that can help you get to grips with the basics of any software you decide to use.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Daz provide a noice environement to create clean render and quick iterations for a low ticket entry, in that it's quite good... Using it for animation, I'm not so sure :eek:
indeed, its why I put the stress on can because you could use it, but I could also slam my face into a wall. Daz can feel like that sometimes.

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
You can take a 2D image and animate it, or take parts of 2D images. Plenty of examples of software to do this (both paid and free).

Live2D Cubism, Pencil2D, Synfig, etc.

Generating full length animation using 3D models? There's a reason why Pixar has huge ass hardware farms.

Reactions: Cenc

Potato95Zone

Oct 28, 2019
Ok people! Thanks to everyone in the first place! I will try with 2d too but in that case i can't draw well and so i don't know how to do (while in the 3d case i would have used softwares for characters creation or stuff like that)...

About the 3d question, if you don't advice using daz3d for animations, i think i heard quite well of blender... Is it hard for animations?

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
I haven't used Blender, but from what I'm led to believe, it can be a high bar to learning it - but if you have the time, you may get btter results than with Daz3D

Potato95Zone

Oct 28, 2019
I haven't used Blender, but from what I'm led to believe, it can be a high bar to learning it - but if you have the time, you may get btter results than with Daz3D
Ok, i got the warning... I'll try it and decide if it's worth spending the time learning it... Thank you!

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
rpgmaker will limit your games reach. Ren'py is better. Don't get me started with Daz it's a constant stressor in my life