Daz Newbie Questions

Roezaka

Dec 28, 2017
I’m studying the program second day. I would like to make games, but I have a lot of questions.
1. I have a weak gtx960 1gb graphics card. When rendering Iray, it is involved at 30%, the processor at 100%. I made the decision to render using 3delight. Will this be the right option? Is it possible to make an attractive game in 2019 on 3delight engine?
2. What are the risks of using MDL files when rendering 3DLight?
There are things that I like more about MDL than RSL. For example:
MDL shirt I like more:
MDL.png MDL
MDLtoRSL.png RLS

Or:
asdfasdf.png MDL
4e.png RLS

Why did the character become black in the RSL version? Can I use MDL skin but eyes take RSL. If so, how?

3. What are the best genitals at the moment? I had problems with the dictator:
without shell.png Without shell
shell.png With shell

Why do I need a shell? Just to overlay a texture? But there are only 4 of them in a set ... nana.png

4. How сorrect to hide the genitals when the character is dressed? sdsd.png

Sorry for my English..

Last edited:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
1. I don't use 3DLight so I can't help you with that; I can only tell you that if you wanted to use Iray you'd need at least a 6GB VRAM graphics card to get started, and if it's more, better.

3. You need the shell because it gives more detail and will allow you to apply, apart from the color (texture), other effects like displacement or wet effects.
If none of the 3 textures that Dicktator has by default work for you, here you have a pack with many more:
(You can also modify the textures (color, wet effect, reflectivity, etc.) in the "Surfaces" tab)

4. It's better to have two versions of the character, one with genitals and one without. When he's dressed you shouldn't use the genitals.

Roezaka

Dec 28, 2017
"1- What is Texture Wizard?
Texture Wizard is an IRAY texture tool set for Dicktator and Futalicious v3, for G3F, G8F, G3M and G8M. It also includes tools for DAZ G3M & G8M anatomical elements. 3Dl presets are not provided.
"
This is what I read in the instructions. Did I understand correctly that these textures are not suitable for 3delight? If so, where can I get the genitals for 3delight?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I find that with exporting a character out of daz, I have to unify the mesh and texture/material settings for the genitals since it is 2 separate meshes. This works great because of the customizability, but I can't port characters back to daz due to how the genitals modify the mesh to no long be compatible, but this is a long and tedious technical process that needs a properly written guide, and as far as i know I'm the only one who bothers with this phase of character development.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
"1- What is Texture Wizard?
Texture Wizard is an IRAY texture tool set for Dicktator and Futalicious v3, for G3F, G8F, G3M and G8M. It also includes tools for DAZ G3M & G8M anatomical elements. 3Dl presets are not provided.
"
This is what I read in the instructions. Did I understand correctly that these textures are not suitable for 3delight? If so, where can I get the genitals for 3delight?
Oops, it's possible, there are some assets that are only ready for Iray (although there are also utilities to convert Iray material to 3DLight and vice versa).

Reactions: Roezaka

Roezaka

Dec 28, 2017
Thank you for your help .. Now I have a question about female genitalia. I downloaded Victoria 7 pro, selected a figure and genitals, but I can not find morphs ..
ge.png

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Morphs are another package: (for example)

You can also use other genitals that aren't the ones that go in the pro pack, like these:

(These other genitals already have morph parameters, and there are also other packages dedicated to them that add new morphs, textures, effects, etc.)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
A few things I want to point out:
You don't need a shell to apply displacement maps or other textures. The shell is only there to quickly show/hide them, but you could also make presets.

The difference between RSL and MDL is just the shader, the textures are the same for both. If you apply the omUberSurface on a iRay skin for example, it will become a 3dlight skin.

You can get really high quality render with 3DLight, even so close to iRay that most people won't notice a difference, but it's not easy and you need the right lighting setup. I'd recommend to use to make things a bit easier.

Don't use RSL and MDL materials together. If you want to render in 3DLight, change all the materials that are not 3DLight to 3DLight, if you want to render in iRay, change all the materials that are not iRay to iRay. The reason for this is simple: Both materials will look and behave differently (usually way better) in their respective render engine and will also render faster. Using the wrong materials can cause really long rendering times.