Daz Newbie seeking DAZ assistance. suggestions for making specific character more realistic

Taikutsuna

Feb 9, 2020
Just Dabbling with DAZ. Any suggestions on how I can make my Clone look more like the original model and less like Christina Applegate. I also want to add similar realism to my clone. I've checked out YouTube videos and got some general tips, but still can't seem to make my model look less plasticky. Thanks. render replication Practice.jpg

Last edited:

KlodowWW

Mar 18, 2019
Hi Taikutsuna !

First of all, you should add more light, this video is really good, it's for blender but it work the same way in Daz :

The next step is to learn Photoshop or gimp, it's a must in my opinion.

Lastly you can play with the tone mapping in the render options to make the color, shadow and light pop a bit more.

Good luck !

Reactions: Taikutsuna

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Practice tho.
First one is one bright HDRI, maybe with the help of one or more spotlights.
Other one seems like a very flat spotlight/HDRI.

Taikutsuna

Feb 9, 2020
Practice tho.
First one is one bright HDRI, maybe with the help of one or more spotlights.
Other one seems like a very flat spotlight/HDRI.
Yeah, the first is a professional job. I’m trying to replicate it as a way of teaching myself DAZ.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah, the first is a professional job. I’m trying to replicate it as a way of teaching myself DAZ.
If it can help, different approach of portraiture by god himself (should start a 1h41min) :

A good exercise should to feel confident to reproduce these (and keep trying and pratice if you don't).

Reactions: Taikutsuna

Feb 3, 2020
I think people on daz3d forum said the promo character was based off Sangriart's Osuine on renderosity. I own Osuine and the additional dials suggested in their discussion thread seem to work.