Newcomer: how do you create locations in Daz3d

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019
Hi everyone. Sorry if this question was already asked, but I was able to locate it...
I'm very new to this industry. I'm doing my research what do I need to create a VN game. As a base I will use Ren'Py. It is straight-forward and simple to use. Don't expect to have problem there. For visuals I will use Daz 3d. It is for sure more complicated and requires a ton of assets to make something good. I a plenty of tutorials on how to create a character, skin rendering, hair, genetalia and etc... But I don't see how do you guys create locations for the render? I estimated that for the first chapter of my story I would need 7 characters and 5-7 locations... Any tips? How to make those locations?
Thanks!

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Locations depend on the theme of your game, then comes the hard/fun bit. I went through lots of different ideas before I accidentally found the one that was right for me, I actually scrapped a lot of work over it and started again. you sort of need to tell us what type of locations you have in mind.

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019
Locations depend on the theme of your game, then comes the hard/fun bit. I went through lots of different ideas before I accidentally found the one that was right for me, I actually scrapped a lot of work over it and started again. you sort of need to tell us what type of locations you have in mind.
Hi Mickydoo!
Well for my first game I want to start with something simple. I think my first chapter will be just about college. So I would need normal buildings and rooms like dorm, class, corridors, outside (maybe park for date), cafeteria...
For my first scene that I already wrote I need to create a boys dorm room and corridor. But even if there is already created free asset for such rooms, I still want to know how PROs are approaching such tasks? How do you create unique nice locations? What tools do you use? What is your process? etc...
Thanks!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You create scenes in DAZ3D, imagine it being a 3D space that you can fill it out with things, not just characters.
If you search, you can find whole rooms predecorated or empty templates of rooms, modular walls and so on.
Remember that you can also import models from external sources in DAZ3D, so you could download a vase from TurboSquid and import it in DAZ3D if you wanted.

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019
You create scenes in DAZ3D, imagine it being a 3D space that you can fill it out with things, not just characters.
If you search, you can find whole rooms predecorated or empty templates of rooms, modular walls and so on.
Remember that you can also import models from external sources in DAZ3D, so you could download a vase from TurboSquid and import it in DAZ3D if you wanted.
Ok let say I create a room full of assets (now sure how yet.. can't find any tutorials on youtube about that). But then how do I safe this room to use in all the different renders that I want? Sorry if this is a stupid question... I just see so many things about characters and nothing about locations...

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Save the scene from file, name it "Living Room" (for instance) and open it everytime you need that location and put characters in it when they're needed.

You put assets in it just as you would put characters.

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019
Save the scene from file, name it "Living Room" (for instance) and open it everytime you need that location and put characters in it when they're needed.

You put assets in it just as you would put characters.
hmmm I see. Thanks!
It sounds super easy but I fear it would be very-very hard =)
I'm very new to this. But I feel very motivated. I want to give it a try! Will see if I can do it. Not even concerned yet about earning money from this. Just want to try to create actually good content...

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
hmmm I see. Thanks!
It sounds super easy but I fear it would be very-very hard =)
I'm very new to this. But I feel very motivated. I want to give it a try! Will see if I can do it. Not even concerned yet about earning money from this. Just want to try to create actually good content...
I deleted DAZ from my PC three times in four years before I actually started to create my game. Good luck:D

ViNovella

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2019
I deleted DAZ from my PC three times in four years before I actually started to create my game. Good luck:D
Thanks! It is has been 3 days of research and try and fail. Now I have my first character. Her name is Hana Rivera. She is one of second characters for the story, but she will appear in the first scene. What do you think?

Reactions: Di.Vil

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Thanks! It is has been 3 days of research and try and fail. Now I have my first character. Her name is Hana Rivera. She is one of second characters for the story, but she will appear in the first scene. What do you think?
I would suck on those nipples