Kimitiri

Jul 8, 2018
Can someone please update the game? The 0.4.30b seems buggy, and the dev shows the new 0.4.30c version. TY!

fivesteaks

Sep 22, 2016
Nice game, 0 bugs.

He could at least release without bugs since he's adding jack shit to the game
Early in Newlife's development, I offered to help the dev, SplendidOstrich, fix up the UI and correct some of the corner case bugs he kept running into. The response I got was pretty rude and aggressive, though he did half-apologise for the bugs (by claiming that this project was his way of learning how to program and that he knew there would be bugs because he's an amateur).

It shows.

Reactions: Rauls

GhostProject

Jul 8, 2017
Has the dev (or someone else) tried porting this to Android? I've tried directly converting the .jar file but it doesn't work (I assume it's because the files are not included inside the .jar file)

Reactions: BootlegBill

diaboros

Oct 13, 2017
Would it be possible to pin a link to the wiki and the custom NPC page? I don't know if anyone has made a post for the NPC creator applications, but there are supposedly 3 different ones out that are listed on the wiki page (although I believe only 1 of them is being actively updated) and they can add quite a bit to the gameplay as you could potentially replace your boss or other scripted encounters with NPC's more to your liking. The wiki is just the newlife fandom page, but it's still rather useful.

symptom1818

Aug 1, 2017
Well, the "bugfix" update still has the same errors for at least one of the cooking events...
This bug can be fixed locally. Go to \newlife\additional_scenes\official_content\ and open file cookingClass.vm with a text editor, preferably Notepad++ or similar. Then find lines 396 & 561 - there's a typo in them: "actieMaleNpc", which should be "activeMaleNpc". Change both and the cooking scene should be working properly.

Still makes me wonder why such a trivial bug wasn't fixed by the dev in two bugfix releases.

Pajonk

Jun 27, 2017
And another update with almost no new content :) I keep posting the same message for the last 5 or 6 updates now...

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
How do you get the blackmail scene? Been Trying forever and also been following the guide. He doesnt show up

Random Bob

Sep 12, 2018
@Urusaisenpai
What worked for me was making a jerk with coldhearted, misanthrope and cunning traits. Get a boyfriend, cheat on him with the guy and hope for RNG. Cheater status is on a timer, so if the event doesn't trigger relatively quickly you'll need to try again, otherwise the game will be like "oh, that happened ages ago so it doesn't count".

Random Bob

Sep 12, 2018
@Urusaisenpai
He simply means that once you meet all the conditions that allow the scene to happen (wheter it will happen is another matter entirely, which is why this method is a nice time saver) and save the game. This way, instead of i.e going through 10000 sex scenes hoping that THIS time you'll get the blackmail to happen, you could cheat on your boyfriend once, immediately save the game and see if you'll get the scene you wanted. Y'know, just continue with the next 4 or 5 weeks and if it didn't trigger - load the game and try again instead of going through all the motions from the very beginning.

3.50 star(s) 33 Votes