VN - Ren'Py - Nick Marlote Noir [v0.525f] [ShamanLab]

1. 1.00 star(s)

lluis61

The 3,5 rating could be a well wishingfor the initial release, but after many updating, in my opinion this is a game flawed from the beginning. I was atttracted to it because it seemed to have a new aesthetic and different graphics. I was wrong. Indeed the graphics are different, but awful. You look at the banner and think: "interesting". Then you play and you think: "so much effort put on the advertisement, and so few in the real thing". Story is minimal, and previsible; this is not a detective or investigator game; is a quasi-linear plot as ridiculous as the customers that go to the office of Marlowe (now Marlote). Models are terrible: not up in standards of games today. Backgrounds horrible. A substandard game by all means.
    The one star? Its premise. If a good dev take that and work on it could be a great game.
    But, as is, finishing the first case made me ask: "What I'm doing here losing my time for nothing?"
    PS: Why the the change of title? Nick Marlowe to Nick Marlote? Marlowe can be a Raymond Chandler character, but I don't think is TMked. Not with the name Nick... Perhaps the dev was ashamed of the treatment of a character named as the great detective noir? Could be.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

UnifoxStudio

As a 3D kinetic novel it's not bad.
    - Funny story
    - Various girl, it's not the same old body recycled everytimes. Clothes are great too !
    - Sex Scene are good
    - There is a lot of wink to multiple game or movies :ROFLMAO:

If you ever dreamed to be Nicolas Cage, jump on it !

Otherwise, the music are OK.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 609064

Played this at version 0.42f

I like it. It's zany and colorful, the story moves quickly. Basically a string of vignettes, exactly the kind of storytelling I enjoy.

Graphics get the job done. Not a lot of erotica, but enough sex to keep things engaging.

Definitely will be following updates on this.

One criticism is that I don't like how the story auto-plays. That's an annoying mechanic because sometimes it's too slow, and sometimes too fast. I'd rather manually advance the story.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

macadam