RPGM - Completed - Nightmare [Final] [ALICE Made]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Viyr

This game quite literally just doesn't respect anyone's time.

I'll admit to having a guilty pleasure of games people call CG collectors but this one pretends to have 3x the content because it just artificially increases your playtime by making you do the same things over and over.

Once you beat every stage, your companion tells you that you're not strong enough for the next one and that you need to fight that last boss 3 times (with different outfits). You'd think that it would just let you go to the boss directly and fight it again, but that's not the case. The different outfits cause "stronger enemies" to appear in the dungeon and you just have to run through the exact same dungeon, fighting enemies that are just a different low quality stock asset with slightly more HP, while having to get the same key items that let you unlock the boss room. It's the EXACT same thing you just did, but you have to do it over and over to get "stronger". That key that you got the first time, get it again from the exact same chest at the back of the same monotonous 3 maps. And on top of that, when you get to the boss, they pretty much act like it's your first time there, the MC goes through the same inner turmoil and there's a slightly different scene for each outfit.

I held out after seeing this mechanic in the first stage, but after I beat the second stage boss and saw they just wanted me to do that again, and with the possibility of having to run through stuff again and again for even MORE outfits later on, I just closed the game to leave this review.

Just get the full gallery unlock.