Ren'Py - Completed - Nightmares Before Halloween [v1.0] [MrDracosaurus]

1. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Like others i just couldent be bothered doing the maze shit, i clicked around for 5 mins trying all east all west going north and south then i quit...

Game might be decent maybe ill try it later....but right now i cant really give it more then a single star since i could barely get past the start of the game without having to map out a maze i couldent care less about.....

And if you have to check forums to get past that first maze it really says it all dosent it.....why would anyone make something so stupid so early in game.

Choices are a bit weird as well, lets say someone ask why you sleep like shit at night, then you get 3 options you pick one but cant progress untill you pick all 3 of the options? why? why explain it in 3 diffrent ways? just weird.

Spelling isent the best either, i mean its readable but it with alot of small issues that can get a little annoying since it ruins the flow of reading.

Girls looks decent enough but theres close to no diversity in builds every thing seems to be focused on big tit fetish.

Also cant say no to fuck some "girls" like the dolls in the dream thing cant say no so its also close to a mindless fuckfest game which im not a fan off.

Also cant even be with Jess....makes no sense really.

Music is ok.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Yolomon

Well-made game. 10/10. The koikatsu models are well edited adding a unique flair to them, a refreshing change of pace from default models. The plot is also rather linear and easy to follow, and the story isn't so convoluted that it causes a headache trying to understand it. Also has a childhood friend ending, giving it a 20/10. Cool game. Do give it a try. Can be completed in a few hours.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

jawaunw1

sometimes it's just good to have a simple game that plays well, it doesn't stay too long and it's short enough. it also doesn't help that it's very easy to figure out what to do except the first dungeon.\
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Lord of Hentaiz

+ Fun premise

= Decent Setting / Worldbuilidng / Characters

- The Maze is the entire reason this is getting a 1. I simply do not have the patience to map that out nor do I find it engaging with how few if any landmarks it had.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Gray21

i gave up the minute the game forces you to wander around a maze with no actual help how to navigate it, all you get is just directions without almost any logic behind them. Absolutely horrible and lazy game design, and a waste of time. No amount of lewd scenes worth this much frustration. This game actually pissed me off, cheezus.

Edit:
    After some help from the comment section i passed that first maze, but damn, that really drags down the game as an experience. The rest that comes after it is nowhere near as obtuse and sometimes its quite enjoyable. Still...that first maze though....
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DeepChannelStore

ill try to speak with best grammar lol sorry

so i just finish the whole game and i love it
    the plot is not long just right
    the girls are very well made and i love everyone of them xD
    im so happy for female characters because few vn game on android has slime girl or spider girl but this has
    the story is very well made also very fun and interesting
    the mazes is not really hard for me its easy even without maps XD
    all you need is remember the last path you go it took me 2 or 3 minute to do first made so i dont mind lol

overall i rate it as 10/10
    well made girls good story good endings
    i like ahegao and creampie and pregnancy and monster girl so i like this one and if you like the genre then i recommend this game you will love it :)
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Jacky109.5

I really enjoyed this game and wish I could score it 5 out of 5. The story is unique with a fun way of getting the MC to meet some monster girls, all unique and different from each other and it being a finished game. Sadly though the story was definitely rushed with some plot lines left behind and not a lot of build of the characters outside the main 3. Also, with renders and animations mostly great, it did feel a bit stiff sometimes and on how it's placed. Overall I really enjoyed this product. Just wish there was more build up for the characters with tighter storytelling, still highly recommend it.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

edit99

Nice little game but I expected more content. There are some things that made me think it was cut short:
    • Characters in cafe look too distinctive
    • Park ghost side plot
    • Sketchy office with sketchy colleague
    • MC saying weeks have passed instead of days
    • Big game size compared to gameplay available
    Still, it was a decent ride excluding the sewer maze. My favorite character was Jessica, which is weird considering the monster girls compelled me into playing it.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Mr.Heartbeat

Enjoyed the scene and dialogue of the heroine very much.

very impressive for a short novel as it left me with wanting more of it.

The character design is maybe excellent and i think it can be improved more but its excellent in its on way.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Marvelous Chris

Recently played through this one and i am glad i did. To me the best thing is the different monster girls you get to meet and if you play your cards right have a happy ending.

It isn't overly long but that is a good thing as combined with the premise it would only come off as filler. The art and animation is done and taken from koikatsu, i believe it's called.

Which if you don't like this is not for you. But if you like it combined with the premise and opportuniy to have pleasant coitus with some sexy monster girls. Then give this a try.

The writing was all around solid, nothing that really stands out in either great or terrible way. Only negative is the first dungeon or nightmare was quite long and somewhat confusing but i did manage to get through it eventually on my own.

Not much more to say as it is just overall solid and interesting maybe 1-2 hour investment which i am glad i played.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

kristijanEX

A cute project, doesn't overstay it's welcome. Choices are fairly intuitive, it's not guess work, you just have to use your noggin. And I liked the cave maze exploration, gave it that old school horror game feel.

The characters you bang are cute although I think there was a missed opportunity with the waitress, you can't bang her, at least I don't think you can, but you should. Maybe I screwed up a choice.

Multiple endings, consistent uploading schedule. Don't see any reason to deduct a star, sorry for the late review, I already finished this game on Haloween.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Trenia

Considering the timeframe that this game was created in it is far better than it has any right to be. The premise is simple, a girl overhears a conversation you have with a friend so intends to frighten you before the end of the month (Halloween).

The characters are all quite endearing with an obvious bias towards cute monster girls though there is also the option to have an ending with your friend from the Cafe too.

The animations are very well done with the unique models themselves offering a fresh take on what you typically see offered on site as well as a nice variety of scenes available.

The writing is simple yet very effective, each girl having their own 'scary' scenario as the premise for your encounter with them. The creator had a clear goal in mind of what he wanted to present and doesn't waste time setting up overarching plots or dragging out encounters (though some may want to consult the map for the slime encounter to avoid frustration, personally I had no issues with it).

Overall I'd recommend everyone to at least give the game a chance, the pacing is well done so you could easily finish it in one evening though the release schedule of one encounter a week worked quite well too and could be enjoyed one a day just as easily.
    It's a fun little romp with cute monster girls that doesn't overstay it's welcome, has enjoyable characters and good quality animations.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

-Nothing-

Objectively
    Story
    You play as an avatar of yourself or any male which's name you will put on him, but in the skin of programmer, who has two childhood friends and hated job, great. But your life becomes more fun, because of the one unusual person, that will be interested in your braveness, making you feel realistic nightmares every week.
    Gameplay
    Typical for games on Ren'Py. You can play with one hand, just clicking on dialogue options.
    Graphics and sounds
    Are fine, but don't expect much Halloween atmosphere.
    Problems and bugs
    1) First cave can be pain in the ass for some people.
    Subjectively
    No complains, just a recommendation. If you feel your life boring and want a bit of adventures for a couple of hours, play it without regrets, but be ready to use your brain a bit in the first nightmare. I would recommend to use a map in one of the cave rooms (your position is the most left in room with map) and use notebook, to write your future moves towards exit
  14. 2.00 star(s)

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Game version: 1.0

You waste/ spend most of your time in mazes, trying to find the exit.

Finishing a maze will give you a short and mediocre, lewd animation with a monster girl.

The rest of the game is living the daily life of the MC, which is turning into a "nightmare" (hence the title) the longer you proceed.

The efforts to finally reach the monster girls are in no way worth the scenes you will get. It is just an annoying, redundant game with a collection of short sex animations, that could have been a nice thing if it was ONLY the gallery alone, not the bad game around it.

No recommendation.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

GenLiz

A good game with a nice length of play and story.
    From the outside it looks like 5 weeks, but in fact it is 5 days. Not really what I expected initially, but according to the story, the plot is good.
    The illustrations are good too.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

HogRocket

How can you make a game about a guy having sex with multiple monster girls wholesome? By making "Nightmares Before Halloween". :LOL:

You like all the main characters in this game, even the main antagonist by the end of it. There is lots of positivity and love. The monster girls are cute and fun and the "hero" in only bumbling because he's so tired and overworked - not because he's stupid or lacking. His doofus friend really isn't a bad guy, and genuinely cares about his friend. The only real downside is that the MC never gets to hook up with his childhood friend, the barista in the cafe , who in many ways is the cutest of the bunch. The short vignettes make the individual stories simple, with an overall plot to tie it together. I wanted Mr. Dracosaurus to keep this going as a weekly series :cool: but I'm sure it's a lot of work trying to hit this much on a weekly basis.
    I hope we get to see more from the three principal characters, with the MC's friends getting bigger roles and maybe even a return from Iris or some of the monster girls in other stories. Even if the next game is completely different, after this and his previous title, it's going to be enjoyable. I became a Patron and look forward to the fun of future work by Mr. D.