Nintendo Switch

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
So I kinda want one. Mostly cause Breath of the Wild. So I went ahead and created a Switch account and claimed my name and everything so no one else could. I'd recommend doing that before your preferred ID is taken:

I was only disappointed that it required 6 characters and that I couldn't use one my gamer tags that is viewed as racist by Nintendo for some reason (Whitey) and my other gaming tags are shorter or not as interesting to me as they used to be. I also hate having to put numbers in my gamer tag. For the most part the only games I have any interest in that are announced for this year are Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe, Splatoon 2 (I like competitive shooters) and Skyrim (which I own on PS3 already).

Reactions: bushweed

nuclearnemo

Aug 5, 2016
I am not sure how this thing will turn out. There are alot of people who will just want to buy it for Zelda, so it will sell well at the launch. However, i am kinda on the fence what will happen afterwards. It can become a huge succes or it will be a bust, mainly because it will be both things (handheld and console) and it might fail at being both. (To big for a handheld, to weak to be a good console). So i will see what happens.

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
I am not sure how this thing will turn out. There are alot of people who will just want to buy it for Zelda, so it will sell well at the launch. However, i am kinda on the fence what will happen afterwards. It can become a huge succes or it will be a bust, mainly because it will be both things (handheld and console) and it might fail at being both. (To big for a handheld, to weak to be a good console). So i will see what happens.
don't forget xenoblade chronicles 2:)

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Don't like that gameplay style. If they released a Monster Hunter game then the kinda want would become definitely want.

Reactions: sniff3005

Wahcha

Feb 25, 2017
I feel the same way honestly, there are a few key titles right off the bat I would like to play but there isn't going to be a new Zelda and Mario every year to keep it going (for me/imo). Plus on the handheld side i'm not convinced that it's a better on the go system then just an easy small 3DS. I haven't been hands on with it though so that could change my opinion.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
They intend on adding Gamecube games to their virtual console library. I also like the idea that there's the potential to get a flashcard in the future to emulate older games on. That being said internal storage is 32gb max so it requires a sd/micro sd card. I don't know what the highest capacity it supports but they make ones that go to a tb I think now and they come in micro-sd form.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Seems like Switch has already been broken. Emulators already likely.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Every system excluding the Xbox is likely to have an emulator. The Xbox's design is so fucked up, even Microsoft can't emulate it properly. It will take a few years before something viable to play comes out. The 3DS didn't take long to break and last year was when they first released a playable emulator that started development 3 years before that.

nuclearnemo

Aug 5, 2016
It seems more like the switch hype is already over....after the initial release of it with zelda, haven't heard anything about it anymore. Guess i was right about it being a short lived one?

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Not really since just the other day, Rueben said that Super Smash Bros is coming to the Switch, just not if it's a New one, a Switch version of the recent Smash or if it's like what they were talking about back in December about how some people at Nintendo have managed to get Smash Bros. Melee working on the Switch. More info will be released at E3

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
rise mother fucker rise. The kinda want has been at definitely want and instant regret the PS4 I got since the announcement of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate in April. I have World, as a vet I dislike the simplified mechanics and the exploration system they've added. Sure I feel badass when I go out to learn a new weapon to me (insect glaive, prior to world my last Monster Hunter game was 3 Ultimate on the 3DS) and rack up 6+ monsters hunted in High rank but until you get a farm going properly it kinda sucks gathering those types or resources. I do like the slinger and the fact that pick axes, the bbq and fishing rod are all items that you carry at all times but don't take visual inventory space but it's just not the same.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Beating the corpse but got the Switch finally, been playing Breath of the Wild and kind of putting off facing the 4th divine beast Medoh ,the Rito one is the one I cared the least about so haven't done anything with it. Right now just collecting the armors and doing side quest and exploring in general. Love the console but hate the dock's shitty ventilation, causes the switch to stutter after longer periods of play due to the CPU throttling while it's docked. Plan on getting DLC, a replacement dock (one that I take the original dock apart and remove it's chip and place into the replacement 3rd party ones have bricked the console) and those Amiibo card things people have been making to help people/make money off the fact that Nintendo has an Amiibo shortage.