Nipple Materials and Morphs

jackss

Dec 9, 2017
I need an asset that can help me make nipple materials, hopefully hd and if it has morphs it's better. I've tried some assets but everyone has something that doesn't work, at least for me.

-Lifelike Nipples: the morphs are decent, but any of the given materials doesn't work as intended, when I apply a material, the previous nipple material can be seen around the new one, in the documentation it says that can happen when the previous areola is big, but it isn't, it's actually a lot smaller.
-High Resolution Nipples: the materials are great, but they don't remove the original material so they end up being on top of the previous nipple color, so if I choose a small nipple, it would be "inside" the old one. Morphs are decent too, but I'd prefer an asset that lets me add the details to my current nipple.
-Realistic Nipples: I don't like neither the materials, nor the morphs.
-HD Nipples and HD Nipples 2.0: the morphs are usable, but you only have 3 material options, it's legit nothing.
-Breast Utilities 2: it's super nice to see the detail increaste on the breast, and the details on the nipple are great, but the materials doesn't quite work, it changes the default breast color of my characters.
-Breastacular: some decent morphs but doesn't have materials.

The Perfect asset: I'm looking for something that makes new materials based on the current skin, or create a new material but overriding the existing one, not letting the old one appear around it. With options to add details to the nipples, those spots or "montgomery glands" or something like that, something that makes the nipples kinda realistic, not as much as the "Realistic Nipples", that's way exaggerated imo. And if I also can use some morphs to change the nipple shape, it would be perfect, thank you all.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
-Lifelike Nipples: the morphs are decent, but any of the given materials doesn't work as intended, when I apply a material, the previous nipple material can be seen around the new one, in the documentation it says that can happen when the previous areola is big, but it isn't, it's actually a lot smaller.
When they say "big", they don't talk about the size, in pixels, in the texture file, but the size in vertex on the figure meshes.

-High Resolution Nipples: the materials are great, but they don't remove the original material so they end up being on top of the previous nipple color, so if I choose a small nipple, it would be "inside" the old one. Morphs are decent too, but I'd prefer an asset that lets me add the details to my current nipple.
There's some figures that have a nippleless version of the skin texture (among which many FWSA), and this can be solve by editing yourself the skin texture.

-Breast Utilities 2: it's super nice to see the detail increaste on the breast, and the details on the nipple are great, but the materials doesn't quite work, it changes the default breast color of my characters.
Because, and it's also a global answer to most of the point you make, you aren't supposed to use them "rawly". You're supposed to copy (by blending) the original skin texture into the nipple one. Either manually (through a software like Gimp or Photoshop), or with the help of a provided script.

You have to understand that, globally speaking, you "perfect asset" do not exist. None of the Daz assets are frozen, and all the "accessories" assets you listed, including the shaders, exist to limit the works you'll have to do, not to do it all for you.
It's the reason why there's good looking renders that still also looks like shit. Their creators past time searching for the right shader, light and render setting, assets, but never cared to works on the textures, normal map and all. Leaving the players with (almost) human-like characters that have different skin for their genitalia, weird expression, and so on.
An asset is a starting point, not the achievement of your character creation or scene building. And yes, it's a long, annoying and frustrating process. But also rewarding when you achieve to do it right ; at least I guess, I'm still trying to reach this point.