No downloads opening correctly on new laptop

drupedrupe

Apr 1, 2020
Can someone please spoon feed me instructions on how to open and run games on windows 11? I never had this problem on my mac but recently upgraded and cannot for the life of me figure out what to do.

Here's where I currently sit:

1. I click anonfile link and download
2. The file downloads as a .zip
3. I extract the zip (I've tried the native windows extraction as well as WinRAR)
4. The install file makes the load wheel spin for about 1 second when double clicked and the taskbar shifts as if it is about to open a program, but nothing opens and nothing happens

I've tried about 100 other methods than what's listed here, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be this complicated and my new laptop must just be missing a setting or software so I'm now pleading for solutions.

Can anyone please help??

Thank you forever

Drupedrupe

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Make sure what you are downloading is the full game and not some random file, anonfile has a reputation of giving you malicious downloads if you aren't using adblock. Always check if the file size matches the download description.

Other than that you would need to say what game it is, because it could be a more specific issue also, always check the game forum to see if more people have the same issue.

Reactions: drashypoo

drashypoo

Mar 10, 2018
1st. Is this problem only with downloads from "Anonfile" ? -> If it is, are you actually downloading the correct file, not some ad.

If you got the correct file you want, what is the engine? Ren'Py, RPGM, UNITY etc ?

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Are you using any type of blocker like adblocker - ublock - ghostery? Many file hosts like anonfile use pop ups redirects.

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
Arent most games here installed by simple download and extraction?? What game did you download that has an actual installer?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
1. I click anonfile link and download
And you don't have to say more. Anonfile is know for its fucked behavior, when downloading from a browser it, really too often... well, I don't really know what it is since I never tried to click on it or even to open the archive since it's size is for few KB, when the smallest game is many MB big, but it's definitively not what you asked for.

Just don't use Anonfile and everything will be fine.