Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
Granted with the rapid development of Fort of Chains and its open source nature, there is increasingly little reason to play this game.
As for FoC, the game is good; but far too restricting regarding fetish content, and the dev has explicitly stated that they don't plan to add any of that sort of content, which means it's up to 3rd party modders to add it in.
Yeah. I can't get into Fort of Chain because of the restrictions. The guys is against adding anymore playable races but thought it was a good idea to fill those precious races slot with 4 human races clones. Human (kingdom) Human (Vale), Human (desert), Human (sea).

Like what the hell?! We could've had playable Spiders, Goblin, Harpies, Lamia, Demons, Etc... This is such a stupid decision.

Also the MANY fetish restrictions doesn't help. They keep saying that adding features will just increase the maintenance and cost. That it's too much of a pain in the ass to do. I'm just here wondering why modders would even bother with this if they keep saying that it's such an impossible task.

FoC aside... Is this game making good progress? I haven't checked this game for a months. I remember making a Lamia slaver. Not alot of games that let's you do that.

Last edited:

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
Yeah. I can't get into Fort of Chain because of the restrictions. The guys is against adding anymore playable races but thought it was a good idea to fill those precious races slot with 4 human races clones. Human (kingdom) Human (Vale), Human (desert), Human (sea).

Like what the hell?! We could've had playable Spiders, Goblin, Harpies, Lamia, Demons, Etc... This is such a stupid decision.

Also the MANY fetish restrictions doesn't help. They keep saying that adding features will just increase the maintenance and cost. That it's too much of a pain in the ass to do. I'm just here wondering why modders would even bother with this if they keep saying that it's such an impossible task.

FoC aside... Is this game making good progress? I haven't checked this game for a months. I remember making a Lamia slaver. Not alot of games that let's you do that.
I personally feel like No Haven is making decent progress; the only issue being that most of us would rather have the port to TWINE done first.

Either way, every update usually gets me playing the game for several days at a time, and Bedlam just added a new race, and is in the process of adding another; so there's that!

Arnw

Jul 17, 2018
You know, if we really wanted to get a TWINE conversion done sooner then the obvious way to do it would be to subscribe to their patreon and try to convince them to spend more focus on that.

Reactions: Jaxter and User1810

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
You know, if we really wanted to get a TWINE conversion done sooner then the obvious way to do it would be to subscribe to their patreon and try to convince them to spend more focus on that.
I'm already subscribed to the Patreon, that's how I supply all you dear people with Day 1 Update links.

Sadly, I'm just a small voice in the majority of people throwing money at Bedlam, and the people with all the money want more content before the port. :cry:

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
I'm already subscribed to the Patreon, that's how I supply all you dear people with Day 1 Update links.

Sadly, I'm just a small voice in the majority of people throwing money at Bedlam, and the people with all the money want more content before the port. :cry:
That port never gona happen.
Its easer to convince him to port it to regalia.(only for stopgap, requires not mutch efort, regalia has a slower base reaction time thanks to constans hard drive use)
And start the 2.x series on twine slowly transitioning out the old with content updates.
The truth is after certain complexity the old parts became burden both to the players and the dev.(it already does)

Last edited:

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018

I agree with your complaint specifically, but generally I agree with their goal to minimize feature creep. It sounds like they want to develop a lean core game that can then have content bolted on by a community of writers. We've all seen games feature creep until they choke; they're proactively trying to prevent that.

I'd give it some time though and see what happens.

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
I agree with your complaint specifically, but generally I agree with their goal to minimize feature creep. It sounds like they want to develop a lean core game that can then have content bolted on by a community of writers. We've all seen games feature creep until they choke; they're proactively trying to prevent that.

I'd give it some time though and see what happens.
That's basically my plan right now; I'm waiting to see what comes of it, and how hard it'll be to mod my own content later.

xfto

Dec 1, 2019
binge-playing this game every now and then with each.."stable"...update...

am i alone with how the art direction/replacement goes in the latest builds? i was a fan of the draenei, drider, wood elf and drow pics thrown in, but the last time i mentioned my grief in the picarto stream...hes kinda annoyed by it... and oh my god i hate the art of a corner of your very own.... i am fine with new art for new content, but.. lately i really try to find a open version to interchange some of the new art with the old art, and to look into what all the hidden rewards are, as i am too lazy to replay the weald quest again and again(or something similiar with the next update)...

so far i ve only seen a more modded version of an older build on a now nuked imageboard, but i am glad theres the loaded dice mod, at least something to work on.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Replacing art assets is unfortunately necessary.

There's a long explanation I've been struggling to write three times now, where statistically you're comparing a single work with a selection of the best out of a volume of works.
A quality dip thus is unavoidable, best efforts are to make sure the dip is as little as possible.

It's a difficult situation we find ourselves in, there's no good solution, all we can do is to make the best of it.

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Many of arts he is/was using are from different artists he took from the net. I could even tell some of them by name. No wonder he wants to create unique just for his own thing, no matter how good they were.

Rainbowhead

Oct 1, 2019
Is the message about 2.* versions of RAGS no longer valid? I have no problem running the game on 3.something version, but the game just refuses to run on other versions.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
As far as I'm aware, the game is still developed for RAGS 2.4.16
But works just fine in 2.6.
And has had effort put into it to make it compatible with 3.*

Rainbowhead

Oct 1, 2019
It's just that it refuses to run on older RAGS for me. I thought that maybe RAGS changes the game file itself, but a fresh copy still refused to run.
Oh well, it still works completely fine on version 3.

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
There is something weird going on with older RAGS. I have 2.4.16.0 and needed to go through extra steps to make it work, and even now my saves does not work. I can play, but it's basically ironman mode without being able to save.

chopish

Sep 12, 2020
rags 3 works for me, i haven't used 2 since the last time I played no haven when it was version like .5. it has the same errors 2 does that result in - - - slave/slavers. i have found an issue that exists on 3 and regalia (which is based on 2?) where the game will crash if i do ensnared rose corruption with too many of the corruptions already done

Reactions: Jaxter

Ferrazi

Nov 23, 2016
How to create a golem?
So far I coud use a Golem Kreator w/ biomance and domination to shape a slave with Might strenght, resilience+, high Height and agility. Do I need something else to produce another golem???

Keldin

Jun 7, 2017
Wait is the non-dominator/hypnosis Puppet leader literally just them using a mind control collar on the leader? Seriously? That was the vague "ooh reference to my previous games" they were on about? It's literally a two sentence change from the dominator and hypnosis paths which were already identical to the existing Mind-control Super Negatives. And it took how many months to get it to work?

Jesus christ

Reactions: RickyD90

HLvL7

Sep 27, 2020
So, as a RAGS virgin I'm wondering if there is anything obvious that I'm doing wrong since I can't seem to run No Haven v0.94 TF Edition on either 2.4.16 nor 2.6.1.0.

2.4.16 says it is an unreadable RAGS game file and 2.6.1.0 gives me a error message with the following:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'

Any ideas or pointers are appreciated :).

!EDIT!
Nvm, found the solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1810

Paralatae

May 15, 2019
Apologies if this has been asked or mentioned before. There's a random event where a slaver with alluring or higher asks that you stop the others from flirting with them, one of the options is to enslave them instead but the result is no change whatsoever. Is this a known bug/incomplete feature?

Ferrazi

Nov 23, 2016
Apologies if this has been asked or mentioned before. There's a random event where a slaver with alluring or higher asks that you stop the others from flirting with them, one of the options is to enslave them instead but the result is no change whatsoever. Is this a known bug/incomplete feature?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes