Daz No light on Iray render

KlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2020
Hi,
First of all i'm using The Temple Below asset for my scene, when i use the preset light everything work perfectly, but when I use spotlight, everything turn black when i render in iray and i really need spotlight to lighten my character.
Screenshot 2022-05-09 120512.png titlescreen.png
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sutarjo

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Literally just used this environment about a week ago for a little project I'm working on and didn't run into this. I'm working under the assumption that you have some idea what you're doing here, with that said. The problem here is that it can be a basic issue like something being in front of the camera to a bit more advanced.

Just a few things to check:
- As already said above, try zooming in or out to see if there isn't something in front of the camera.

- Environment Mode: Either Dome and Scene or Scene Only (the latter will only make it so that scene lights (non-HDRI/dome) are shown.

- Is your spotlight in the temple itself? In Texture Shaded, go the Aux Viewport (Windows > Panes > Aux Viewport), hit the view dropdown and select your spotlight. Can you see your figures? If not, make sure your spotlight is in the temple. Then go to your Scene pane, select the spotlight, go to parameters, select light and change these parameters > Light Geometry: Rectangle/Disc > Height/Width: 100/100 (for each.) > Lumens: 150,000 or so. > Temperature: Whatever you want.

- Are you actually rendering the image, or are you looking in Iray Preview? If it's the former, then you may simply be running out of VRAM. Stonemason sets are fairly taxing on lower-end systems. Are you using an Nvidia GPU? Are you using the correct engine?

Beyond that, it's hard to give anything more technical without know what you're doing or how you're doing t.

Reactions: fyl3toys

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Go into Render setting panel, change Sun-Sky-Only to Dome & Scene :

DAZStudio_hWaB2mOEk0.png

Set the map slotted in environment map to none :

DAZStudio_ZQJDlmqyip.png

You should have your Sun-Sky & your spotlights now.

Reactions: sutarjo

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Go into Render setting panel, change Sun-Sky-Only to Dome & Scene :

Set the map slotted in environment map to none :

You should have your Sun-Sky & your spotlights now.
Not related to the OP but when I do this, then save and load, it doesn't leave the environment map as none. Instead it loads the default map. Just me? :(

KlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2020
Not related to the OP but when I do this, then save and load, it doesn't leave the environment map as none. Instead it loads the default map. Just me? :(
It's the problem with this solution you have to put it again every time u open your scene... :cry::cry:

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
It's the problem with this solution you have to put it again every time u open your scene... :cry::cry:
Which then makes batch rendering impossible (this was the problem I had. I had done a sun-sky setup with some 25-30 renders and later wanted to add some spot lights). Won't be doing that again :rolleyes: