VN - Unity - Abandoned - No Longer Lonely [v0.1.2.2] [Kaimukas]

1. 2.00 star(s)

L3z1l3

This game tries to combine 3D roaming with the prerendered stills from DAZ. In this respect it's similar to the RPGM games which consist of a graphically very different 2D roaming/navigation part and the events with prerendered stills. But even though the 3D environment is much closer to the graphics of the prerendered images in scenes, but that somehow makes the differences more disturbing for me than the switching between the pixelated 2D and high quality images in RPGM games similarly to the uncanny valley effect.

What makes it worse is that I don't really see what the 3D navigation adds to the game. I've only played for a few minutes before giving up on it, so maybe there IS something else to do in the 3D part than navigating the labyrinth that is your house and opening and closing doors while trying to find the thing you are looking for but unless that something is really benefits from the 3D engine like a gun fight or melee combat I don't think it's worth the problems that come with it.

I found the navigation of the house tedious. And when I tried to explore it I was rewarded by becoming stuck in the geometry with no way to move. As there seems to be no save mechanic (or I wasn't able to find it) the only option I had was to exit the game.

Story: I'm not sure if there is any story other than your family (mom and 2 sisters in the incest version) moving in with you. Maybe there is but I gave up before progressing in in very far.
    While I see a good story as a big plus in adult games I don't really mind much even if all the game is about gradually getting closer to your LI or LIs and finally reaching some kind of relationship with them whether that is marriage, eloping together or creating a harem with all your girls. If it's done well.
    So I'm ok even if the game doesn't have a great overarching story if I like the characters and their interactions. The game is in an early stage so I can't tell that yet, but at least I don't deduct points just because there are hundreds of games with similar setup.

Graphics: The 3D part looks bad. I can't really compare it to any other adult game because I haven't played any with a real time 3D engine yet. But if I compare it to normal 3D games, even indie ones, I have to rate it as bad.
    The design of the girls is ok, even though we have already seen these models previously in other games.
    The quality of the renders however is not very good. The characters in the renders are grainy and washed out. The background is the grainiest I've ever seen in any game. Maybe the dev's computer is not powerful enough or something, but he should still try to improve on them if possible. Letting the renders run longer or something.

Conclusion: Even though the real time 3D navigation is an interesting idea and I feel sorry to criticize it so harshly but at it's current level it would be better if dev removed it from the game and went back to point and click navigation if free roam is necessary at all.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Victoriaqueen

Easy to play, love the mixture between a visual novel and a first preson 3D game, fun that you get to explore the house a bit yourself. Like the storyline so far, hoping for more soon, since they were hinting for some party later in the game ;) Keep up the good work, nice picture for the game too, looked super intriguing, dont regret downloading it!