No more "NOPY" ?

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Hi,

It seems that there is now even fewer file services available for quite a lot of the posts / assests anymore, especially for DAZ, which mainly use LETSUPLOAD - ZIPPY - RACATY - NOPY for example.

There are exceptions of course and Mega seems to work more than most when its used, but not all posts use mega, but this is a massive hit on the sharing availablity now, with the NO PY withdrawal, for me anyway.

No PY has announced it can no longer continue, and with the others that are used on a lot of the posts, are not always reliable or available, its a shame we cannot obtain the shared content anymore on some posts now.

I think there needs to be a review of the shared links, as looking today, I could only get about 3 assets of 20 which were what I was after because the ones supplied either had expired or removed.

I've always apprecieted the shared content here and know how much work goes into sharing it. :(

1636190513524.png

Last edited:

anonjoe

Sep 29, 2020
Sounds like paypal and financial institution's ridiculous white knighting fucked over nopy... A shame really, nopy is/was the most reliable download service used on the site. Most of them seem to have terrible ads and try to make you click the link a dozen times before they finally download, except for mega, but mega has it's own issues if you aren't willing to pay for an account there with the limited download size a day thing.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
suspected so, it used to be the fastest service next to mega, but nopy have no limit and I doubt anyone click "donate" when nopy asked

Me and friends were about to start a webhotel/hosting before it became a thing, but ISP wanted $5500 dollar a month for starting up, once we would have had 1000 users we would have had to upgrade and the cost just went astronomical....because it was on a business license, those 5500 would have been 30 a month for a person lol
and then the legal problems, "#¤"#¤ lawyer sent me a stack of 75 A-4 pages which is short said that anything uploaded were on us....so if someone uploaded some illegal "#¤" like kiddie stuff, then WE who was the owner of the servers/server were to blame, no matter what digital "click" the user had agree to....

We shut it down, but kept out first custom server which cost 7000 dollar lol, used to to host a game online for a while and now it stand in a corner

shame about nopy, they were my favorite

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
That's really unfortunate.
I liked NOPY a lot, no limits, no hassle, decent speed... a reliable host in every regard.

Reactions: CidR

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] but nopy have no limit and I doubt anyone click "donate" when nopy asked
They did earned the US$ 6.000 they needed each months to pay for their thirtish servers. But there's no interest in earning money if you can't withdraw it to pay for your expenses.

Me and friends were about to start a webhotel/hosting before it became a thing, [...] and then the legal problems, "#¤"#¤ lawyer sent me a stack of 75 A-4 pages which is short said that anything uploaded were on us....so if someone uploaded some illegal "#¤" like kiddie stuff, then WE who was the owner of the servers/server were to blame, no matter what digital "click" the user had agree to....
By chance, Law evolved since the early 00's. Hosting sites aren't responsible for the hosted content, as long as they comply to any legal remove notice ; and DMCA since it was introduced.

Reactions: Twistty

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
wow, I didn't know about this. I was wondering why I don't see NOPY links anymore here. Even though it's quite unfortunate, I knew this is gonna happen eventually, because these kind of services often fail due to lack of organization, financial hurdles, lack of funds or the lack of ways to receive funds, legal problems. Since nopy was primarily used for sharing illegal content sooner or later admins are going to face troubles. I think rather than using a central web site to share content. F95 admins can use a torrent service. Their own seedbox, and ask people to seed the games they like. It's much more cheaper, and a viable option in the long term.

Our PayPal account was abruptly banned last year with no explanation or option to appeal. Finally, we started having issues with Payoneer 3 months ago, with severe delays in reissuing an expired debit card, and suddenly a couple of weeks ago they completely blocked our account, again with no explanation other than "it's under review", and no further response.
This is a kind of strange how nothing happened to patreon account, but both paypal, and patreon blocked your accounts. It seems like they probably monitor your activities, and block/ban if they suspect the source of money is somehow connected to any illegal activities (in here sharing copyrighted games).

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
So this is what happened to Nopy huh?

F to pay respects.

They were a great service, but are now dead, due to faults not of their own it seems.

I guess it's time for Nopy to rebrand itself as OnlyNops, then it'll get the attention and love from things like PayPal.

I guess it's back to Torrenting bois.