No One of Consequence

DaClown

Sep 12, 2020
This feels the appropriate place to lay out the social compact that applies when interacting with me.

I am not your friend, and you are not my friend. As a certain online personality has stated concisely, MyBody.jpg

We're not co-workers. You're not my boss. I'm not your boss nor do I have any interest in being so. You're not paying me, so you get what I give.

I am not your student nor your teacher. I will not be taking homework assignments from random people I meet online. I do not engage in "debate"; I am not here to open your mind to the possibilities or save your soul or fix you or be your parental surrogate. I have no interest in padwans or disciples or cultists. I don't give a fuck if you agree with me or even understand anything that I have to say or why I say it.

My private life is not your concern nor the concern of the forum generally. No one has any particular right to any of my private information, and I do not have to and often simply will not justify myself to any random person whatsoever.

IF you demonstrate good faith in our interactions then MAYBE I will not be abrasive in our interactions; on days in which I am not in constant pain, I can be quite polite; I am often abrasive anyway for reasons entirely outside anyone's control.

Generally, I assume that if you're interacting with me online, based on decades of experience, that you've got an agenda that is hostile to me or others; it is rare that genuinely kind people interact with random people online.

I assume all conditions considered that the people acting here are not acting in good faith out of an abundance of caution. I expect nothing less than people exercising appropriate social boundaries based on those realities.

I will pick and choose who I interact with and what I interact with, and it will always be on my terms strictly. If any of this is unacceptable to you then fuck off.

I have discussions with some people, and I try to help some people.

Last edited: