No Reply From Devs

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
Sometimes when I post a question about a game I get an answer but most of the times I get nothing,but I notice they're answering other questions.So now If I ask a question on a game and I get no reply and notice they're answering everybody elses I'll delete the game for ever and put them on my list to avoid all the dev games.

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
Sometimes when I post a question about a game I get an answer but most of the times I get nothing,but I notice they're answering other questions.So now If I ask a question on a game and I get no reply and notice they're answering everybody elses I'll delete the game for ever and put them on my list to avoid all the dev games.
:unsure:it's very strange, they are all so courteous and helpful... is it possible that you ask questions that have been widely answered in other posts prior to yours?? and maybe after the tenth time that the same question is asked, they could tell you to read the answers they have already widely given ... but this is something that has happened to me sometimes

Reactions: LS47

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
Well I asked a question on 1 game about 2 weeks ago and still waiting for a reply,but they can reply to other questions.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well I asked a question on 1 game about 2 weeks ago and still waiting for a reply,but they can reply to other questions.
You do know that even though there are some developers who are active on this site, for many that is not the case?

They neither uploaded nor endorse their game being listed here for free. Also, even those who do have accounts here, this is not their site -- they may only interact with fans and supporters on their official sites, discord, patreon, and the like. Or only very rarely interact here.

You mention you might notice some answer other questions but not yours --- could it be you're asking the same question asked time and again which has been answered many times in the thread? Are you asking questions for content they don't wish to include in their game? or perhaps there is no answer to your question?

I went to one thread and see that three people, including yourself, are having problems with a game - but no one else appears to have a problem and so no one is replying to you. It's also a thread where the developer has only posted 2 times in over 3 months.

There are many reasons why people won't reply. There are many reasons why developers, themselves, don't reply.

Also, you deleting a game you got for free - without donating or paying a dime to the developer - doesn't hurt their feelings at all.

Reactions: LS47 and Rafster

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
As a developer for a game that is pretty active here. I answer most questions posted but not always. The reason for it can be a few.
1) I don't know the answer, as I am one of the writers for GL. Some stuff I just honestly don't know the answer too.
2) It could be a question that has been asked hundreds of times. I have sometimes been asked the exact same question, that I answered like 3 posts above the new question.
3) I accidentally overlook it. I come on and read through the posts since the last time I was on. I read them all personally. Then I start answering them, but if I am answering a lot, I sometimes forget or overlook one or two and don't answer them.
4) Another dev or player has already answered it.

For me personally if you ask a question on GL and I don't respond to it the above is why.