No (volume) settings for RGSS game?

PurpleDeep

Aug 24, 2019
Not sure about RPGM, but you can right click the Windows volume icon, then "open volume mixer" and lower the volume of the game that way.

Reactions: _DarkDesires_

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
Not sure about RPGM, but you can right click the Windows volume icon, then "open volume mixer" and lower the volume of the game that way.
I lowered my system volume all the way to 2 (out of 100) already.
So volume mixer doesn't seem to be the solution here, since it doesn't have a different scale afaik
But I appreciate the reply!

PurpleDeep

Aug 24, 2019
There is another way, but it is a little more involved.

Use or something similar to extract the .rgssad file. That should create the "Data" folder, filled with .rxdata scripts. Delete the .rgssad file (or rename it to something new).
Then extract the files in the zip to the main directory of the game (such that the new "Scripts.rxdata" overwrites the old one). The volume.txt file should be in the main directory of the game.
I edited Scripts.rxdata to read a number in the range 1-100 from the volume.txt file. It will use that as the volume for everything.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: _DarkDesires_

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
There is another way, but it is a little more involved.

Use or something similar to extract the .rgssad file. That should create the "Data" folder, filled with .rxdata scripts. Delete the .rgssad file (or rename it to something new).
Then extract the files in the zip to the main directory of the game (such that the new "Scripts.rxdata" overwrites the old one). The volume.txt file should be in the main directory of the game.
I edited Scripts.rxdata to read a number in the range 1-100 from the volume.txt file. It will use that as the volume for everything.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow, one comes here asking a question and wonderful people like you edit a file to help you out :D
Thank you so much PurpleDeep!

This coding stuff is really out of my wheelhouse, so I'm not exactly sure about everything you said :p but no doubt I can figure it out w all that helpful instruction.
...At least as soon as avast gets done analysing the decrypter. They flagged it as sus behavior when I tried to open it. But virustotal gets just 1/68. Now I've heard about avast being dogshit before, maybe it's really time to switch to a new AV :unsure: