RPGM Noblesse Oblige [v0.12.1.2] [Lord Forte Games]

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021

v0.12.1.0 "The City of Merchants" Patch Notes (8-2-2024)
- 80k words of text.

- Significant new section of the story.

- Over 30 new pieces of equipment!

- A new iteration of Castle Kharos!

- Two new areas in Castle Kharos (with the appropriate proposal investments)!

- Receive your first Custom Armor (with the appropriate proposal investment)!

- New loyalty skills/upgrades available (Cynthia, Lorena, Stelianos, Despoina, and Calysia [Alivaen path only, at present]).

- Adjustments to Eris's backstory to address a logistical issue. The revised introduction scene can be viewed on version transition or from the Temporal Rift at the end of Chapter 11.

- Graphical improvements to Elysios City and Paraliapolis.

= Balance Changes
- Ariadne's Wildfire damage increased significantly, and damage multiplier against a single target increased to x2.5

- Burning no longer triggers against Instant skills.

- Reworked skills for Cynthia

~ Bloodfury and Tranquil Fury have been redesigned as Fury builders with new effects.

~ Damage of Blood Strike and Retaliate increased. Blood Strike now has a 2 round cooldown.

~ Farstrike is now usable in either oath and builds extra Fury if it hits an archer or sorcerer.

~ Clash now generates 2 Fury rather than 1.

~ New skill: Sweeping Strike, a Fury builder AoE.

~ New skill: Barbed Thrust, a Fury builder for Blood Oath that causes Bleeding.

- Cynthia's builder combos are now two-round combos with increased Fury generation but a cooldown.

- Annihilate damage is now 25% defense piercing,

- Somnus's Lucid Dream cost decreased to 20 DP. Cooldown changed to 3 rounds.

- Somnus's Nightfall cooldown removed.

- Somnus now generates an extra 5 DP per curse on the target, not counting Night's Touch.

- Dark Whisper now has a cooldown

- Sleep and Enthralled now cause Resilience.

- Lowered the rate of Chilled accumulation from melee attacks against Lorena to 35% (was 65%). Chilled rate remains 100% during Frozen Rampart.

- Frozen lasts 1 turn less against most bosses

- Frozen is now affected by (but does not cause) Resilience.

- Several Chapter 10 bosses are now correctly immune to Freeze.

- Fixed an issue where Lorena's physical attacks would break Frozen on the turn it was applied if they caused the Frozen effect.

- Added 1 point of Noble Support to the decision to deploy a large force to the Elysian Groves.

- Added 5 Lorena loyalty for those who chose to face Somnus in Hypernia.

- Changed 1 point of Popular Support to 5 points of Alcinian Support in the Alcina's Faithful proposal. This change will be automatically applied on the version transition from the Temporal Rift.

- Added a new "Elite Overwhelming" effect that is effective against tanks in plate armor (but ineffective against Alexander). This has been retroactively added to Royal Knights in Chapter 10.

= Features
- The Autosave slot can now be reached quickly by pressing Shift in the save menu. This is indicated in the header.

- F7 now saves a screenshot to a "Screenshots" folder in the game directory.

- The Proposal menu now shows Elite Units as a benefit and has a new category for "Other" benefits such as new castle areas.

- Factor effects for decisions now show the current value in parenthesis.

- Added "Unique" items. These items are designated by a "(Unique)" tag at shops, and can only be purchased once.

- Character nametags during dialog are now available as an option in the System menu. Note: this option is experimental, please report any bugs encountered.

- All Prince's Command effects through 100 Loyalty are now implemented.

= UI Improvements

- Fixed clipping in the quest log description box.

- Fixed weird extra linebreaks in quest log objectives.

- Re-added luck stat when checking stat change effects of items.

- Rewrote the code for the item comparison on the right-hand menu in shops; comparisons are now done by total stat value change (with 50 HP/MP = 1 point of other stats).

= Bugfixes
- Fixed the incorrect Army Size bonus for Siege Weaponry (now gives +1 Army Size as intended; was incorrectly +3). This will be automatically corrected on the version transition from the Temporal Rift for those who invested.

- Fixed the benefits for proposals added in Chapter 10 being double counted. This will be automatically corrected on the version transition from the Temporal Rift.

- Attackers now correctly take damage from Lorena's Glaciate if triggered by a freeze-immune enemy attacking.

ledski0606

Dec 17, 2021
Great! New release! Honestly this game is turning out to be a great spirit sucessor to TLS. Hoping it continues to develop as well as it has so far.

Reactions: maroder

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Noblesse Oblige [v0.12.1.0] [Lord Forte Games]

COMPRESSED:

Windows:
- - -

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Same issue as the other person who could not save. Game never un-greys the ability to save.
I have changed permissions. I have changed folder locations. I have created "Save, Saved, Saves" folders.
I even ran with admin permissions.
I have never encountered another rpgm game that had this issue and have been using this particular computer for close at least 10 years.
It seems like a pretty good game but I doubt I could play one continuous session from start to finish without dying at least once.
Win 7 x64

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
Same issue as the other person who could not save. Game never un-greys the ability to save.
I have changed permissions. I have changed folder locations. I have created "Save, Saved, Saves" folders.
I even ran with admin permissions.
I have never encountered another rpgm game that had this issue and have been using this particular computer for close at least 10 years.
It seems like a pretty good game but I doubt I could play one continuous session from start to finish without dying at least once.
Win 7 x64
dev is active on steam forums you should post your problem there generally he answers fast

ninini30

Feb 2, 2024
What do you guys think of the criticism that alexander is too "perfect" of an MC? Cause I feel like one of the issues with the last soverign was the party members all liked each other and got along too perfectly wheras in this game it feels more realistic with many of the party members actually having contentious opinons and some even hating each other like somnus and lorena.

But, and maybe this is just me, I feel like simon in TLS and alexander in this game are both kind of too perfect, but at least simon was kinda of initially a broken lost loser than built his way up into power and still made a LOT of fuck ups along the way, but alexander is kind of just perfect, born OP, never makes mistakes, never loses his cool, never abuses his power even a little, always knows how to perfectly balance pragmatism with principles etc. And Im ok with the honorable ned stark like characters but with no other flaws it makes the character feel kinda unrealistic. I still like him as a character but it feels wrong to cause he's too perfect, like a political intrigue one punch man lol. Now of course many of the major events havent happened yet so this could change next update if bad stuff or mistakes happen but up to now, am i tripping or nah?

justahorse

Aug 25, 2021
Alexander has lost his cool such as with his friend who peaced out after being rescued. Personally, I just don't buy the complaint much at all because if you're going to read/play a story like this, the characters are going to be exceptional. It's like complaining that Lord of the Rings characters like Aragon or Legolas are OP and too good. The scale of this story calls for exceptional people, and that's what you get. That doesn't mean they are infallible, but it does mean they are less likely to make costly mistakes; and at the very least when they do mess up, they immediately aim/seek to rectify those mistakes which is what exceptional people do.

Both stories also embrace the idea of forming an elite personal unit (Simon- Harem) (Alexander- Heratoi) to help cover up their weaknesses to the best of their ability as well, so what you're seeing is a combined group effort of exceptional people with specializations and unique skills. It's grandiose, larger than life, and that's exactly what you'd expect of such a story.

weatherfree21

Apr 4, 2023
What do you guys think of the criticism that alexander is too "perfect" of an MC? Cause I feel like one of the issues with the last soverign was the party members all liked each other and got along too perfectly wheras in this game it feels more realistic with many of the party members actually having contentious opinons and some even hating each other like somnus and lorena.

But, and maybe this is just me, I feel like simon in TLS and alexander in this game are both kind of too perfect, but at least simon was kinda of initially a broken lost loser than built his way up into power and still made a LOT of fuck ups along the way, but alexander is kind of just perfect, born OP, never makes mistakes, never loses his cool, never abuses his power even a little, always knows how to perfectly balance pragmatism with principles etc. And Im ok with the honorable ned stark like characters but with no other flaws it makes the character feel kinda unrealistic. I still like him as a character but it feels wrong to cause he's too perfect, like a political intrigue one punch man lol. Now of course many of the major events havent happened yet so this could change next update if bad stuff or mistakes happen but up to now, am i tripping or nah?
I've seen this complaint a couple of places, so I don't think it's just you. That being said, I also think everyone complaining about it is just wrong. Here's why:

When someone complains about a character being too perfect, what they usually mean by this is, "I don't believe a person like this could exist in reality, and that is bad writing." To be fair, a protagonist who's very existence ruins your suspension of disbelief would be bad writing. I just think the criteria people are using to judge whether or not protagonists are too perfect is broken.

Said (bad) criteria are usually:
-The protagonist succeeds a lot
-The protagonist gets along with everyone
-the protagonist is powerful
-the protagonist is multi-talented

But if you think about it, these are all traits that someone might believably have and manifest. A better list of criteria would be:

Good Criteria to measure bad writing by:
-The protagonist succeeds no matter what he does
-The protagonist is loved by all
-The protagonist gains powers for no reason and easily
-The protagonist never struggles at anything

These look similar, but are actually very different lists.

Let's examine this in a more specific format with our example: Alexander.

Alexander does succeed at almost everything he puts his hand to. But it's important to note: this is because he picks his battles. He doesn't try to march on Albion and overthrow Antipater right away. Instead he creates a ruse and steals away into Kharos to establish a base of operations, a much more limited objective, and notably more achievable. He doesn't try to have Calistrae join him against Antipater and Ekestria, instead he pushes for a pact with Antipater, wherein they both acknowledge the greater threat. I think you can see the trend here: does Alexander seem to succeed a lot? Absolutely. Does he earn it: yes.

Alexander does get along with a lot of people. Is he loved by all though? Antipater hates his guts. Cassander and Sindarion both weren't big fans of him (although I'm sure Sindarion's coming around), and reportedly he got into big fights with Antiochus his father. More examples: did Lorena fall at his feet in abject sorrow for ever doubting him on their first encounter? or did she try to arrest him? Veronica and Ariadne have an ongoing dislike for each other, despite Alexander's obvious desire for them to get along, but clearly they don't just bend to his every whim. Count Hektor was not going to be convinced not to try to extort Alexander. While plenty of the interactions we see are of people who appreciate Alexander, this is in part because he surrounds himself with people he gets along with. There's no reality warping friendship inducing bad writing going on here.

Alexander is uniquely powerful. It's definitely noted, however, that he put in the work for this. Ariadne noted he was proud of his sorcery as a child. He spent years studying, both under the High Priestess of the Goddess of Magic, and at a far away academy famed throughout the continent for its quality. Honestly, where is someone with better skills supposed to have developed them? And it's not like he's just casually picked up his father's legendary greatsword and converted his entire fighting style on a whim.

While Alexander is multi-talented, do these talents just pop into existence on a whim? Or do they have a basis in his history? One might expect the prince, heir to the throne, to be tutored from a young age in politics, etiquette, history, and more. It's not like an education is really so absurd. If Alexander has a particular charisma and talent for manipulation, is that really so absurd? On the other hand, there are absolutely things he struggles at. Alexander could not convince Ariston to join him. He could not free Lorelai from her plight. He could not convince Cassander to switch sides. And he has been forced to let crime after crime go unpunished because he lacks the werewithal to bring the guilty to justice. The game has been one unending tide of struggles for Alexander.

I'm a bit longwinded sometimes, but I think you see the point. Alexander is only "too perfect" by the bad criteria of an uncritical audience. If you actually think about it, he's perfectly realistic, even though this exact combination of traits is somewhat exceptional.

TL;DR Alexander is not "too perfect" because he's actually just exceptional, and the people who think otherwise are judging him by bad criteria.

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
meanwhile i hate alxender because he is narcissist who is also right about his capabilities :KEK: or lack of humility whichever you like

Last edited:

ninini30

Feb 2, 2024
I've seen this complaint a couple of places, so I don't think it's just you. That being said, I also think everyone complaining about it is just wrong. Here's why:

When someone complains about a character being too perfect, what they usually mean by this is, "I don't believe a person like this could exist in reality, and that is bad writing." To be fair, a protagonist who's very existence ruins your suspension of disbelief would be bad writing. I just think the criteria people are using to judge whether or not protagonists are too perfect is broken.

Said (bad) criteria are usually:
-The protagonist succeeds a lot
-The protagonist gets along with everyone
-the protagonist is powerful
-the protagonist is multi-talented

But if you think about it, these are all traits that someone might believably have and manifest. A better list of criteria would be:

Good Criteria to measure bad writing by:
-The protagonist succeeds no matter what he does
-The protagonist is loved by all
-The protagonist gains powers for no reason and easily
-The protagonist never struggles at anything

These look similar, but are actually very different lists.

Let's examine this in a more specific format with our example: Alexander.

Alexander does succeed at almost everything he puts his hand to. But it's important to note: this is because he picks his battles. He doesn't try to march on Albion and overthrow Antipater right away. Instead he creates a ruse and steals away into Kharos to establish a base of operations, a much more limited objective, and notably more achievable. He doesn't try to have Calistrae join him against Antipater and Ekestria, instead he pushes for a pact with Antipater, wherein they both acknowledge the greater threat. I think you can see the trend here: does Alexander seem to succeed a lot? Absolutely. Does he earn it: yes.

Alexander does get along with a lot of people. Is he loved by all though? Antipater hates his guts. Cassander and Sindarion both weren't big fans of him (although I'm sure Sindarion's coming around), and reportedly he got into big fights with Antiochus his father. More examples: did Lorena fall at his feet in abject sorrow for ever doubting him on their first encounter? or did she try to arrest him? Veronica and Ariadne have an ongoing dislike for each other, despite Alexander's obvious desire for them to get along, but clearly they don't just bend to his every whim. Count Hektor was not going to be convinced not to try to extort Alexander. While plenty of the interactions we see are of people who appreciate Alexander, this is in part because he surrounds himself with people he gets along with. There's no reality warping friendship inducing bad writing going on here.

Alexander is uniquely powerful. It's definitely noted, however, that he put in the work for this. Ariadne noted he was proud of his sorcery as a child. He spent years studying, both under the High Priestess of the Goddess of Magic, and at a far away academy famed throughout the continent for its quality. Honestly, where is someone with better skills supposed to have developed them? And it's not like he's just casually picked up his father's legendary greatsword and converted his entire fighting style on a whim.

While Alexander is multi-talented, do these talents just pop into existence on a whim? Or do they have a basis in his history? One might expect the prince, heir to the throne, to be tutored from a young age in politics, etiquette, history, and more. It's not like an education is really so absurd. If Alexander has a particular charisma and talent for manipulation, is that really so absurd? On the other hand, there are absolutely things he struggles at. Alexander could not convince Ariston to join him. He could not free Lorelai from her plight. He could not convince Cassander to switch sides. And he has been forced to let crime after crime go unpunished because he lacks the werewithal to bring the guilty to justice. The game has been one unending tide of struggles for Alexander.

I'm a bit longwinded sometimes, but I think you see the point. Alexander is only "too perfect" by the bad criteria of an uncritical audience. If you actually think about it, he's perfectly realistic, even though this exact combination of traits is somewhat exceptional.

TL;DR Alexander is not "too perfect" because he's actually just exceptional, and the people who think otherwise are judging him by bad criteria.
This is a really good answer, i'll have to replay the game with this perspective :). I especially like the two lists you made cause despite my criticism I still liked alexander as a character but didn't recognize the subtle difference, which is probably why I had the impression he was a flawed "perfect" character without being able to artiuculate why. I suppose that maybe some of what he struggles with isn't immediately relatable like it is in a book like game of thrones with characters like Tyrion. He gives me the impression of a Robb Stark who isnt stupid. And it is true that in order to win in a situation like hes in it will take an exceptional character, it would probably make me hate the story, like how you listed, if he had alot of flaws but "the protagonist succeeded no matter what he did".

But I do think some of my favourite moments are obviuosly when hes doing the political outplays ann battle tactics but also when he was sad after not being able to bring ariston to his side and when he was crying in the storm with ariadne after reading the letter from his father, more moments like that I feel would make him an even better character.

weatherfree21

Apr 4, 2023
meanwhile i hate alxender because he is narcissist who is also right about his capabilities :KEK: or lack of humility whichever you like
It's definitely fair to dislike him for who he is yeah (although I don't personally). That being said, I don't think narcissist is correct. He definitely cares about other people, and is really self-sacrificial in a lot of ways. If he didn't he'd just never have returned to Versalia.

He absolutely has an arrogant streak though.

This is a really good answer, i'll have to replay the game with this perspective :). I especially like the two lists you made cause despite my criticism I still liked alexander as a character but didn't recognize the subtle difference, which is probably why I had the impression he was a flawed "perfect" character without being able to artiuculate why. I suppose that maybe some of what he struggles with isn't immediately relatable like it is in a book like game of thrones with characters like Tyrion. He gives me the impression of a Robb Stark who isnt stupid. And it is true that in order to win in a situation like hes in it will take an exceptional character, it would probably make me hate the story, like how you listed, if he had alot of flaws but "the protagonist succeeded no matter what he did".

But I do think some of my favourite moments are obviuosly when hes doing the political outplays ann battle tactics but also when he was sad after not being able to bring ariston to his side and when he was crying in the storm with ariadne after reading the letter from his father, more moments like that I feel would make him an even better character.
Thanks! I think you're right, those are some of the better moments. I'm sure we'll get more of them as the game progresses.

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
i dont really hate him opposite i even like him. you are right arrogant is better word then narcissist's could not remember that at that time.
your analyze was also perfect :giggle:.
about dislike of alexander i always got feeling that it stemmed from hes personality rather then any concrete fact.
when people see that of arognat character then succeeding in most things he dose i can easily see why would someone think that he is to ""perfect"" of character when in reality analyze of hes actions would show that most of hes wins are deserved because he mostly picks battels he can win. one factor can also be contrast as of now hes main rival is antipater and he has not achieved anything after start of rebellion which when compared with alexander makes alexander look even more perfect.

i even like duck cleon(merchant lord) better then Antipater as villan at these time.

all hail emperor of duks

Reactions: weatherfree21

weatherfree21

Apr 4, 2023
i dont really hate him opposite i even like him. you are right arrogant is better word then narcissist's could not remember that at that time.
your analyze was also perfect :giggle:.
about dislike of alexander i always got feeling that it stemmed from hes personality rather then any concrete fact.
when people see that of arognat character then succeeding in most things he dose i can easily see why would someone think that he is to ""perfect"" of character when in reality analyze of hes actions would show that most of hes wins are deserved because he mostly picks battels he can win. one factor can also be contrast as of now hes main rival is antipater and he has not achieved anything after start of rebellion which when compared with alexander makes alexander look even more perfect.

i even like duck cleon(merchant lord) better then Antipater as villan at these time.

all hail emperor of duks
Thanks!

I do think this is probably part of it yeah. When someone dislikes Alexander on a personal level, they may not even realize it and just think the negative feelings are the same as the ones they get from bad writing. Also, it generally sounds a lot better to say he's the problem rather than that they dislike him as a person given his virtues, which are not small.

Antipater really is doing a bad job for his cause yeah. One thing I remember Veronica and Alexander saying back in chapter 3 was that he was a fine general but probably wouldn't have any idea how to rule a kingdom, and that's half the reason they can't afford to wait too long to take him down. I do think that's being shown here with his general lack of activity: Antipater is not sure what he should be doing. Duke Cleon is a more deft schemer than he is, and it shows. I'm sure Antipater will have his time to shine when the war kicks off though.

• Haha
Reactions: maroder

weatherfree21

Apr 4, 2023
=v0.12.1.2 patch (2024-08-19)
Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download:

There has also been an art upgrade to the title screen and two main characters that it would be good to have swapped with the currently outdated art for the thread.

New Art:
Title Screen
Title Screen.png

Preview Images:

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
NoblesseOblige-LORDFORTEGAMES-0.12.1.2
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes