Tool Daz NoDIM: A tool that makes custom uninstallers for packages that doesn't support daz install manager.

JoSmiHnTh

Aug 2, 2017
This tool command line based but it's user friendly and very easy to use.

First of all, you will find a "Config" text file in the app's folder, go in there fully clear it, and paste the absolute path for your Daz3D library folder, make sure there's no extra spaces or new lines, only the correct path should be there.

Steps to create uninstallation files:-

1- Run NoDIM and choose to create an uninstaller file by writing "1" and pressing enter.
2- Now drag the contents folder of the package to the command line (the folder that contains Daz3D root folder names like Data, Runtime, People, ...etc) and press enter.
3- When see "Done!" message on the command line, look into the "Uninstallation Files" folder in NoDIM directory, and you will find a newly created txt file there, this is the uninstallation file, it includes information about all the package files, just change it's name to something familiar and now you are done!

Steps to use the uninstallation files:-

1- Run NoDIM and choose to run an uninstaller file by writing "2" and pressing enter.
2- Now drag the uninstallation file that you want (the txt file in the "Uninstallation Files" folder) and press enter.
3- If the config file has the proper library path, it will uninstall the package correctly, if not, it will not remove anything.
4- You will get a sorted list that includes all the leftover empty folders that was related to the package, and it may include root folders by mistake, so make sure to only delete the folders that you see that it's related to the package, just use common sense.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
This is a nice tool, but if you could give it a gui, it would get more attraction, as an alternate install tool.
Windowsform or something like that.

The thing is the user has to setup to use your tool, but the more your tool can handle the variations, the better.

Regardless, this is a great tool, thanks for sharing!

Ps: I see you made this using python, so ignore the Windowsform thing, i dont do python well hehe. Still, a gui could help i think. Nice work thou!

Pps: Why is your python39.dll bigger than the regular one?

• Red Heart
Reactions: JoSmiHnTh

JoSmiHnTh

Aug 2, 2017
This is a nice tool, but if you could give it a gui, it would get more attraction, as an alternate install tool.
Windowsform or something like that.

The thing is the user has to setup to use your tool, but the more your tool can handle the variations, the better.

Regardless, this is a great tool, thanks for sharing!

Ps: I see you made this using python, so ignore the Windowsform thing, i dont do python well hehe. Still, a gui could help i think. Nice work thou!

Sorry for the super late replay, no one given me any feedback for this tool for along time so i stopped visiting the forum for this period, thanks alot for your feedback, i will make a gui soon, i already had experience with creating GUIs with python.

JoSmiHnTh

Aug 2, 2017
I used Cx_freeze for bundling, this is the normal size it always uses, as pyinstaller is a pain in the ass to use with PyQt, i switched to cx_freeze for all of my projects.