Nopy super slow

JohnDoeJoe

Apr 24, 2017
Anyone else having issues with nopy recently? For me it's incredible slow like downloading with 20kb/s, no matter at which time (in the night, during day). Other hosts like mega I can download with 10mb/s - 70mb/s.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
After talking to the people back at nopy they said this always happens when DOD releases. Their traffic goes through the fucking roof. And reading some of the chat yesterday with other staff members it seems this happens with all of the file hosts including mega which was getting 100kb/s to 200kb/s and this was with double and triple mirrors =/ .

cerberus666

Apr 28, 2017
is someone else having trouble downloading from nopy? i deactivated my vpn (built-in in windows not sure if my internet provider is also at fault) speed is what i am paying for which is 10mbps (which is cheaper in out country)

Snarddoom

Dec 3, 2018
I have experienced faster & slower speeds, depending on when (time of day - early hours (2am - 5am, C(US)ST) of the morning seem best) and which server cache the request is sent to (for me, it appears the higher the server number, the faster the download). Sometimes I cancel the 1st (or later request), then re-request it and get a higher numbered server and get a faster download. Not sure if what I do has any effect on the speed - but it somehow works for me.

binaryoneoone

Oct 20, 2019
A workaround might work for some of you, that is to use IDM (internet download manager). For many years nopy was working fine for me without IDM or any downloader extensions but recently the download speeds were horrible (at 20-100 kbps), but suddenly I remembered a program called IDM which I used to use way back, Installed that and now I am getting the normal download speed which I usually used to get. Should work with any file sharing sites.

dlaansgur21

Aug 12, 2019
A workaround might work for some of you, that is to use IDM (internet download manager). For many years nopy was working fine for me without IDM or any downloader extensions but recently the download speeds were horrible (at 20-100 kbps), but suddenly I remembered a program called IDM which I used to use way back, Installed that and now I am getting the normal download speed which I usually used to get. Should work with any file sharing sites.
Thx. IDM is incredible

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I have a download manager (FDM) and google dns and router dmz. for the last 8 months I've downloading from nopy or anon at my max speed 200mbits. since like 10 days ago it's really slow and sometimes it completely stops with msg "conection closed". Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix?

Thank you.

Snarddoom

Dec 3, 2018
Apparently, some commercial or governmental agencies use Nopy for massive data dumps at odd times (usually around 3-4 am C(US)ST. I try to avoid using Nopy at these times and use MEGA. Try switching to another downloading site (MEGA is free if used sparingly - they limit total monthly downloads when free)

Reactions: kartolas

dmgab

Jun 25, 2019
TESTED. It works. Thank you.