Not Another 'Choose Your Own Waifu Game?'/Underappreciated Waifus

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
So, while I figure out what to do with my current game (had really weird issues with ren'py itself, and while I have the game data, part of the game needs to be rebuilt and my heart kinda broke a bit, but it's still technically on it's way), I figure it might be good to have a back-up project. Now, I have an idea for an actual back-up 'game,' but the easiest thing to do might be to just have a 'choose your own waifu for a scene' kinda thing, like one of my personal favorites, WaifuHub by Bokuman Studios. So, because I'm one to always enjoy a bit of a soundboard to bounce ideas off of, here are my questions.

1.) Do we need another such game? I mean, aren't there already a ton of games like this? Are they kind of rote or are they always appreciated?

2.) What about Underappreciated Waifus? You see, some of my favorite waifus aren't always the most popular ones-for instance, I remember being freaked out by the cutscenes of Dino Crisis 3 back on G4 way back in the day, and ever since then, I've always thought the main female lead in that game, Sonya Hart, was super hot. But who on Earth cares about some 3rd rate side-character from a shitty, 20 year old game? What about a concept for 'The Underappreciated Waifu Club' or some shit like that?

...Which is all the more ironic considering that I'm really not a huge anime fan, but I digress lol.

3.) Fuck, I just remembered I left my protein shake stuff at my other pla-... oh sorry, I got a little side-tracked. Shit, what was I gonna say?

4.) ...Uh... Okay, let's just see how y'all feel about those first two questions first lol.

I just hope you all are having a great day today.