Not really new, just a little shy.

Mr.Rodrigues

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Hello, I'm Mr. Rodrigues, this is not my real name, of course, it's more of an homage to a famous Brazillian writer from the mid 20th century, but more on that later.

I have to confess that I'm not really new to the forum, I'm just shy. Maybe not really shy, more like awkward around people? I don't know...
I have posted a couple of messages here and there before, but not much.
Talking online on these semi-anonymous forums feels a bit better though and since you guys seem like nice people overall, I decided to formally introduce myself.

I've been thinking about making a game as well, in fact, I already began.

Since I was really young I loved writing but unfortunately, I never pursued it as a profession. The only person that ever encouraged me to keep writing was my grandpa and I never really listened to him in that regard. Anyway, I ended up working in IT for over 12 years but recently the company I worked for went under, so here I am, unemployed, hehe. With that, I decided to put a passion and a skill of mine together to good use.

Oh man, I'm rambling, sorry about that.

Anyway, It's really nice to be here, and meet you guys, hope I can present something fun in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

Stuffie

Fluffy ears!
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Since I was really young I loved writing but unfortunately, I never pursued it as a profession. The only person that ever encouraged me to keep writing was my grandpa and I never really listened to him in that regard.
I feel you! It was the same for me, back when I still went to school. Instead of my grandpa, it was actually my teacher who said that she thinks I have talent, and that I might want to pursue it. But like you, I didn't. :/

Anyway, welcome to the forums, hope you have a great time around here! <3

Mr.Rodrigues

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I feel you! It was the same for me, back when I still went to school. Instead of my grandpa, it was actually my teacher who said that she thinks I have talent, and that I might want to pursue it. But like you, I didn't. :/

Anyway, welcome to the forums, hope you have a great time around here! <3
Yup, sometimes we have to go through some tough shit to get some perspective. But hey, better late than never!

Oh, and thanks! I really hope so as well!

Reactions: Stuffie