VN - Ren'Py - Nothing Is Forever [v0.7.3] [MrSilverLust]

1. 3.00 star(s)

MrFriendly

Nothing is Forever has potential but is overly ambitious in terms of gameplay mechanics while also being handicapped with a subpar art style. There is a lot of content to play for a first release, however for some people the art style will be prohibitive to enjoying the story, I know it was for me.

Pros: Interesting concept, skills system makes almost all of the player's choices contribute to the MC's personality.

Cons: Art style - you either love it or hate it. Lack of certain skills will lock you out of sex scenes. Needs a good proofreader.

The art style has large black outlines around the renders, it seems slightly cartoony and could be fun but ends up being more distracting and ugly. Supposedly this started out as an accident but was eventually embraced by the dev.
    The plotline is rather simple though different, certainly haven't seen anything similar in the time I've been on F95. However, I don't know that it is a strong enough plot to hold anyone's attention for 10-20 updates, especially with the skill system involved.
    As to my issues with the skill system, if the player hasn't chosen to unlock certain skills the one sex scene in the first episode is inaccessible. The idea of locking out a player from the content they are looking for in an adult game is disappointing. However it is much worse that the developer doesn't explain the skill system and individual skills within the context of the game, the game also doesn't prompt the player to choose skills when they have enough points.
    In terms of grammar, it needs a good proofreader to clean the English up. As I said in the beginning there is potential here, I will need to wait and see if the dev can seize it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ninjaman2

Woah now this is a gem! Very first release and it is already extremely polished. I think the complaints about the black line effect on the renders are valid but ultimately not very distracting and easy to get used to.

I really appreciate how the creator also makes it easy for people to understand the game concepts, and doesn't try to create "secret" paths that require a walkthrough. Multiple reminders appear throughout and you can pick up the skill needed for something on the fly. It is very well done.

The characters all feel real too, they have a main dimension that fits the mold but other parts of their personality come to light too, this story is very well crafted.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

H_NGM_N666

Just WOW this game!!!

I dont know how to describe it properly but i will try :)

The game mechanic is somewhat i never have seen and it is just fantastic to play. For the first release you got a lot of gametime to play it. I played it now for about 3 hours with some pause to smoke.

The Story is new to me and realy good. A psychologic with more problems than his clients :) And the chess tournament i thought at first that it will be realy boring but i played trough it and it was very funny and almost realistic with the movements.

The Renders are not that type of 3D i normaly play but it was very good! This game is a gamechanger and a good start and i hope to see this till the end!

My compliments to the dev for this and his work! The potential of this is huge and i hope to see updates soon and not every 6 months. For that i will support you!

Play the game and see for yourself. You will be surprised how good it is!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Stonehall

For version 0.1.0

The art style is (as you can see in the pictures) 3d models with a drawn border and shadows. It's more noticeable sometimes. Whether this is good or not is up to personal preference. I found it somewhat distracting when it was to much.

I was impressed how the different systems interacted. I'll try to explain them here. With every choice you make, you gather points in one of four categories. These four categories define your character. You can then buy sexual skills within each category with the points gathered there. While speaking with other characters, you'll be given clues about their sexual preferences. If you come across enough clues, you'll be able to puzzle your way to discover their kink. Knowing someones kink and possessing the right sexual skill will (possibly) open the way into their pants. Choices aren't always just for gathering points, however. They sometimes alter the story or changes characters attitude towards you.

The story takes psychology seriously but there are enough jokes to keep it enjoyable. Looking at the different possible sexual skills, I can't help but look forward to the continuation of this game.