Notice games on here

crusherg

Feb 18, 2019
Noticed games on here with error exceptions on them....latest is bright past 05. Is that cause of the window version they use to mine or is the load crap?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Noticed games on here with error exceptions on them....latest is bright past 05. Is that cause of the window version they use to mine or is the load crap?
There's many, many, many reasons why a Ren'py game (since the example you used is one) can throw an exception. The difference between author's OS and yours is never one of them.
It can be because it's a lot of crap, or it can be because the author don't know how to deal with save compatibility ; like it can also be because he hadn't the time to test every single possibilities.
If the author is member of the forum, the best solution is to report the problem in the game thread, while tagging the said author.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
A lot of the games here aren't finished or even alpha/beta versions, the dev's are still working on, and against popular believe Dev's are still human beings that sometimes make mistakes. Some Errors can only be found after a lot of testing, some Errors can be missed, some only show up under certain conditions no one could think of at the time of a release, etc. etc.

There are some black sheeps out there who push their updates out without testing, but most Devs usually try to fix all bugs before the release.