VN HTML Novel Passion AI [v0.5.46] [team PassionAI]

NovelPai

May 14, 2024
Yeah web based only with no downloadable file is a deal breaker for me too. Sorry to see this as I actually like the art. I understand everyone starts somewhere. Yes there are training tools online but I mean this developer tried and is engaging so I would like to give them a chance. :) Best wishes with your game.
Hey Starcraft! Like my Fellow Developer npai_jay has already pointed out, we'd love to make this work for you :) Our plan is to create an awesome experience for everyone, so we're happy to figure out how to make this happen. Any input on this is most welcome!

NovelPai

May 14, 2024
Hi Susan congratulations on taking you game to the next step looks like you've been busy. Now the part that I don't want to say, I'm afraid that changing it to web based only is a deal breaker for me. Keep up your good work and best wishes with everything moving forward. Take care :)
Hey there, it is heartbreaking to lose one of our most loyal players so far. npai_jay and I are determined to get you back on board again, and I think we might have just the solution you were looking for.

Reactions: wookie ookie
Jun 19, 2021
Hey Starcraft! Like my Fellow Developer npai_jay has already pointed out, we'd love to make this work for you :) Our plan is to create an awesome experience for everyone, so we're happy to figure out how to make this happen. Any input on this is most welcome!
So one of the problems I have with things being web based is that I have to be online to play it. I may have no signal, the site could be down, or any number of reasons. I understand what you mean about large file sizes, and that will bother some that say there are ways to appropriately compress, but I would much prefer an option for offline even with a large file size than having less options avialable.

You bring up an excellent point in having an option in your game to turn off certain kinks. Though it does make a ton more work for you to make the story stay consistent.

Im keeping my eye on this in my watch list to see how it develops going forward. Either way I do wish you the best of luck.

npai_jay

Sep 1, 2024
So one of the problems I have with things being web based is that I have to be online to play it. I may have no signal, the site could be down, or any number of reasons. I understand what you mean about large file sizes, and that will bother some that say there are ways to appropriately compress, but I would much prefer an option for offline even with a large file size than having less options avialable.

You bring up an excellent point in having an option in your game to turn off certain kinks. Though it does make a ton more work for you to make the story stay consistent.

Im keeping my eye on this in my watch list to see how it develops going forward. Either way I do wish you the best of luck.
All right - offline version it is :) will be... probably by the end of the week.

NovelPai

May 14, 2024

Thanks somuch for your Feedback :)

NovelPai

May 14, 2024
Alright everyone, the wizards have heard your prayers and worked their magic and voila: a download version has been born!

MacOS AppleSilicon
MacOS Intelx64
Windows x64

We sure hope this gets everybody back on board our dreams.

Cheers,
Susan

Reactions: Starcraft Nigma

wookie ookie

Engaged Member
Aug 30, 2021
Hi wookie ookie!
Happy to see you interest and many thanks for your input!
I'm the main developer of npai and the web-app is set up to be downloaded as well (it's an PWA) but i could also provide a full self sufficient executable for download. Would that be of help? Or dose it need to be Ren'Py (its a great piece of software but would only with heavy modifications support what we have in mind.)
Hi
Thanks for you response it's greatly appreciated, I would prefer RenPy but would probably be open to it if being online isn't required. I'm not saying it you or the game. I have had bad experiences and in all honesty I'm not opening that can again

Last edited:

npai_jay

Sep 1, 2024
View attachment 3998375 View attachment 3998376

It could be a false positive, but I downloaded it from two different links and got this both times.
Hey, latly windows do give me a hard time with unsigned executables (there is a way to certify our program but it got exorbitant expensive in the last few years and requires a certification process and big lump of money upfront....)
the !ml at the end indicates it is a Machine-Learning thing who detected the "tread". (And the ML defender stuff seemingly flaggs unsigned content disproportionally high...)
But I absolutely understand the unease such a message creates and it should not happen/you should not have to handle this. We are discussing the way to go but the signing would bite off a very big chunk of our planned budget but I hope we can fix this ASAP. Till then I'll provide the File Checksum/Hashes and ask @NovelPai / susan to incorporate them into the download section of this thread.

NPai-0.5.46-MacOS-AppleSilicon.zip:
md5: 4a2cb5971a027d167eb62ae635d2011f
sha1: 81cadeec6bc29ec018a690eaab7c549d7ecc0d52
sha256: 900e2ea0250b70240ed66fc3d3c69228cd6bcb30c731bec7b28864e94d4ec733

NPai-0.5.46-MacOS-Intelx64.zip:
md5: 7593f73fdd1423d8433075cdae5f8ca3
sha1: 67a4ea8c774b9cb4e13558d986b04e5bea60cd49
sha256: 63cb1febe8c02c0c207198a0c91a537efec609392760b5797c7c94ad56eeb7c5

NPai-0.5.46-windows.zip:
md5: a90db69828f812fdf3fdf406baf3f581
sha1: 8a98c08549b1f45f9dbfd0ab66545dc0c3489cd6
sha256: 1fed9d2d267cf87fd253c657d24550a8df73826dcde4ad30fd48eb1fcd95e905

NovelPassionAI-0.5.46.Setup.exe (unpacked NPai-0.5.46-windows.zip):
md5: a2baad7db311022233c1f92ba3abd28a
sha1: 1768be6f622844d1feb3f5cc93ecb9ae88d168e4
sha256: 6a59e0dae289f00658099bf032971c5d760b6c5879e3888a4e0c0699952ac11a

the sha256 of the exe could be used in a virustotal check (sorry can't post links jet...)
but go to virustotal.com and paste the sha256 of the exe - you will get ML / AI Detect warnings as well but all classic/non AI scans will not give you any false positive.

As much as it counts to get this from the builder but to have it said at least: There is no virus/malware/trojan in the App.
The only "harmful" stuff you will encounter is lustful scenes with 2d waifus and some unpolished/rough edges in an unfinished game.

I still hope, you are willing to give it a try - we try our best to provide the best possible experience.

BTW. the Web-site is build as a PWA, so basically you could (if you wish) install it on your home-screen on iOS and Android; or windows, mac / linux. It tries to cache as much content as possible to be offline available; but browsers do as browsers please; so I can now fully understand the fully offline mode/requirement. Please accept my deepest apologies for my ignorance...

PS: @ linux users - have to spin up a linux box for compilation; will try to deliver for you as well: ASAP

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf_ladyhunter

npai_jay

Sep 1, 2024
Hi
Thanks for you response it's greatly appreciated, I would prefer RenPy but would probably be open to it if being online isn't required. I'm not saying it you or the game. I have had bad experiences and in all honesty I'm not opening that can again
Hi,
I made sure to make the app offline. I think I now got an idea of why the app needs a offline version as well. Going forward I'll try my best to build the updates as analog to the web releases as possible and will also try to make save games interoperable - but can't promise this right now (even under RenPy conditions some breaking changes would occur, early on in the dev process)

Reactions: Milf_ladyhunter

Milf_ladyhunter

Sep 3, 2024
Having the word passion and AI in the same game title and having AI generated images is funny to me
I guess they mix passion of development and story telling and use the help of AI to create their images. I can see that! But for me the story’s should be more interactive I wanna really play, would be advise from me. But you are early stage and on my list hope that’s coming…

NovelPai

May 14, 2024
I guess they mix passion of development and story telling and use the help of AI to create their images. I can see that! But for me the story’s should be more interactive I wanna really play, would be advise from me. But you are early stage and on my list hope that’s coming…
So happy to see like-minded dreamers out there - thank you for your feedback, we´ll put it to good use!
Stay tuned, Tanja is waiting eagerly to meet you ;)

NovelPai

May 14, 2024
Hey, everyone, check out our new and updated intro section of the game! Currently only available in the web-version, but we'll have that transported to the download version next up.

By the way - feel free to have a look at our itch -

cheers,
Susan

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Succubus Hunter