Ren'Py - NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper [v0.15 EA] [D.mon Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Optimelle

Great start.

I don't know why people tend to talk down AI generated graphics. Good art is good art no matter how it's made.

The demo is very bare-bones now, but all that it has it's near perfect. If this game continues to be developed with this kind of quality it's going to be a hit.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

TheGoldenWatcher

I wasn't expecting much (AI generated art + early in development didn't really scream quality or quantity) but I was pleasantly surprised, from what I gather the AI art was more AI assisted art with rough sketches being run through a generator or something with a little post work to clean things up. In addition, there are numerous little details for the npcs that change as you progress which is very welcome.

Gameplay wise it is somewhat rudimentary and simple in many ways but as this is a tech demo and I had fun with what was there I'll give it a pass (if you like stuff like night attack or other bar management groping games you'll probably like this). Overall I think this project has a lot of potential and I wish the dev luck.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

wildride69

Pretty art and that's it. No gameplay, not even a demo to a game.

The MC is unknown, the shopkeeper is unknown. The motivation is unknown.

There is nothing here but steal girls clothes and grope her we get no idea why.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

pipidon3000

really cool concept, wish there were more groping and free use games. Even thought it's just a demo, you get two NPCs you can play with. Love the art too, please keep it up (y)
    As for future updates, i hope we'll be able to dress up the characters as we wish (like leaving them with no underwear) and also them reacting to getting sprayed with cum (a slight arousal increase) would be amazing xD
  5. 5.00 star(s)

nerf.me

Loved the demo, very promising game! It took me a while to discover all the game mechanics - for example you can buy a dagger for fighting, but you can also use it to shave pubic hair, which then appears in your inventory with a description like "elven hair - where did you get it...?", you can even sell it. It's a bit surreal, but very funny :D
  6. 5.00 star(s)

inshallahmypizzaroll

Nice proof of concept. What little there is seems very fleshed out. The mechanics have a bit of depth. The art looks great despite being AI generated. Looking forward to more content and more characters!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Swallows999

Great progress so far, responsive dev, meaningful updates. I think this game might eventually become the pinnacle of the NPC genre. There are some very interesting interactions so far: you can strip a girl, sell the clothes back to her in exchange for a dagger, and then shave her vagina with it. I hope to see this game worked on for years to come.

For some people, the use of AI to help with the art is an automatic veto, which is perfectly understandable, but for those that can accept it, I highly recommend you give the game a try.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Corvo1919

A short game at the moment but fun to play. Development seems to have just started so it looks like there will likely be a lot more content and characters in the future. It'd be nice to see some more minigames and items in the game but the current content is enough to have fun.
    One thing I like is how you're thrown into the game and there isn't a mountain of text. Having a little more dialogue and text in the intro might be good but I rather have too little text than too much.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

blackdrake69

This is a very promising demo, I look forward to more content being added. Some issues figuring out the exact location to change actions, but once you realize you have to you have feel around for them its pretty intuitive. The art is great as well. Keep up the good work!
  10. 4.00 star(s)

popabear

NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper [v0.05]

It's a proof of concept. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't dl and expect a game.

It's a 1-scene "game".

With that said, everything is super clean, from the UI to the coding, art and animation. I also enjoyed the easter-egg-like minigame where you rob her of her clothes and sell them back to her. I chuckled. I would love to see a full game from this developer.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

rapewhore

It's in the early stages but with a lot of potential.
    A fun twist on the freeuse concept.

Art style is not for everyone but I find it appealing and suited for the game style and better and more consistently done compared to several other games. Several different suitable facial expressions for example.

So far it is a simple, short game but well done and one I am looking forward to every new update.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Kepkop

Not a fan of the art and the music. It's pretty obvious that it's AI -
    that will be a big problem with future updates.

The gameplay loop is annoying

Not sure what else to say, I'm just annoyed by AI stuff, it's just all the same.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

orangesrkewl

Really early version of the game so there's not much to it.. BUT, I do see potential in it being great within a few more updates. Art is superb and the character is super cute. Add in a few more scenes, polish the overall gameplay and voila.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

PolandReez

Good game good art but obviously there is nothing yet to really make a good review out of it.

I'll revisit in a couple update and probably change this review if it becomes better.

So good foundations I wish the dev a good development and to do his best. Go get it tiger!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Nathous

Kinda funny game, refreshing and simple gameplay. I definitely want to se more of this ! Art is very good yet assisted but very good.

Of course this is a very early game but I see the potential for a casual game without hight pretention and that's nice as it is.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

DBongus

There's nothing much to it and as the dev himself mentioned this is more of a proof of concept.
    I like the general presentation and overlay, this is sort of like a puzzle game, it goes like this: Fondle the elf shop keeper, buy thieving book and use it, steal clothes while the 'angry' meter is low, sell clothes until you have money to buy the magic staff, buy and equip said staff, use everything to get her to climax. It's tedious at best since you have to constantly wait for the angry meter to go down or cheat like I did. All of this takes 15 minutes

Current content:
    There's one looping music track, a shop of sorts with junk and a couple of key items. You get one female character which you can quickly tell from a glance that her art was done with AI, but at least it's consistent and not the worst I've seen, you can see the elf naked, fondle her and your dude can rub his dick on her pussy. That's the game in it's current state

Overall not the worst first release I've come across, But I can see the AI art approach bogging down the dev down the line so I don't see much of a future going forward