NSFW Blender animators that don't use video game female characters ? (That use Orginal Characters)

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
Its getting boring with all the NSFW animators using the same female characters from video games :/
Twitter, Reddit and everywhere else ... its ALL Overwatch , Final Fantasy, LeagueOfLegends, Dota, Fortnite, WoW, DOA, KOF, StreetFighter etc...

So far I have seen only Rekin3D use a black female character (made in DAZ) in 1 of his animations.
And thats it ...

I only know of Jackerman, who actually makes his own models for the animations.

Outside of that, I have seen RyanReos makes some original characters like his Daemon Girl for example. And I noticed that a lot of animators picked up that model and started making animations with her. And that was awesome.

I honestly prefer if the animators would make animations with Original Characters rather than women from video games xd

Reactions: gg787879

Phaseus

Jan 18, 2019
I'm personally working on a couple models using concept art from different artists, though I'm not exactly a 'pro' modeler yet.
There's that makes both OC's and referenced characters. He usually does mods for Bethesda games though.
seems to be making some less-conventional characters based on Cyberpunk, Man of Medan, Star Wars, etc.

Unfortunately the pool of artists pursuing original designs is fairly low, and there's a reason for that.
OC characters, unless extremely high quality (RyanReos for example), are generally unpopular. No one cares about my Mary Sue more than me; if I don't care enough to polish it down to a diamond, clearly I didn't care enough. The fact of the matter is that a lot of the artists that are actually good at making models will go on to make a professional career out of it by working for a games/animation studio, thereby no longer creating OC.

For everyone using the same Mercy/D.Va/Ahri/Whatever skin, it's more likely they aren't 3D modelers, and just focus on the animation side of things. I don't blame them- making new stuff is hard work and takes a lot of time, even moreso if you're still learning.

Custom models aren't cheap, often starting at $500 a pop and you may decide to not use them if they don't get a good response from your fanbase. I've read several stories of artists spending $800, $900, even $1500 to build, texture, and rig a new model, only to stop using it after 4 or 5 posts. Best to just get the free/patreon models that everyone else has access to because that's what draws in the most money with the least time/money commitment.

That being said, modeling (especially in Blender and zBrush) has started gaining a lot of hobbyists. Most of us are pursuing game design or just doing it for fun. A large majority of us are also looking to dip into the NSFW market, too. I expect within the next few years we'll have a decent selection of 3D artists with their own custom rigs. I'm also interested in seeing if this thread exposes more OC Artists in the limelight.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.