[R>Artist 2D] [R>Programmer] [R>Writer] [NSFW] [REV-SHARE] [RPG MAKER MV] MoGiTa Project Recruitment

Troy168

Nov 23, 2017
Hey. We are looking for an artist/writer/programmers to join our project with our RPG Maker MV.
The story is about Johnny, a guy who was living in a small village when he was given the power to tame any Monster Girl in the wild. And if that wasn't enough, he's not the only tamer in the world. He'll have to go and tame over 50 monster girls in the world and also have to face nine other tamers with their monster girls as he goes to five separate areas and collects the soul of the gens.

We need the writers to: Help make the scenes to the sex scenes that the artists came up with.

We need the artists to: Help make the Monster Girl artwork/character artwork/sex scenes for the game.

We need the programmer to: Help implement gameplay elements by using Javascript.

You will receive Revenue Share, once the game is finished. Make sure you have a Discord account since that's where we discuss important things there.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Assuming you have a Patreon set up, does it mean throughout the development they will not get paid UNTIL the game is completed?

fivesteaks

Sep 22, 2016
Assuming you have a Patreon set up, does it mean throughout the development they will not get paid UNTIL the game is completed?
Well...

You will receive Revenue Share, once the game is finished.
Roughly translated, based on my own experience: "You'll do work and are likely to never be paid for it."

If you're interested in joining a project to hone your skills and get some experience, this is fine. If you feel your work should be compensated... play at your own risk.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Yeah, seems pretty shady to me.
Thought I'd ask to make sure, seems pretty odd to have a revenue share only after the game is completed, considering some projects may take a very long me before getting "completed".

Troy168

Nov 23, 2017
Unfortunately, yes. I don't have a Patreon account active and I don't have much cash to work with. So I have to rely on the rev-share to keep the project active.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Unfortunately, yes. I don't have a Patreon account active and I don't have much cash to work with. So I have to rely on the rev-share to keep the project active.
Still does not make much sense, if you start a project and get a patreon on-going, can you not rev-share that while the project is also on-going rather than waiting all the way until the project is completed?

Troy168

Nov 23, 2017
Still does not make much sense, if you start a project and get a patreon on-going, can you not rev-share that while the project is also on-going rather than waiting all the way until the project is completed?
It's more so that I want to make sure that I want people to get excited about the content they'll get and not feel like they're getting ripped off. Which is why I didn't get a Patreon account started.

Darwin7

Mar 5, 2018
Paid after the game is finished!?

I think you should consider the prizes of the positions you want to fill...

I don't know about programmers and writers, but I can tell you about the artists position.

Here's an example of a rather cheap artist:

######
Let's say you want to have 1 pose, 8 Expressions and a Battler per Monster Girl.
The artist (freelancer, comission-based) takes a minimum prizing of 20 bucks per work (a sketch alone).
The Bust needs to be sketched out first: 20 bucks.
The Lineart should cost at least double: 40 bucks.
Color & Shading varies depending on style and complexity,
but should cost the same as the lineart.. maybe..: 40 bucks.

All in all 100 bucks for 1 bust. (150 is more common BTW...)

The Expressions are not the problem but the minimum pricing is... 20 Bucks (in this calculation).
You've got 1 expression already so you need 7 more. 7 times 20.. That should cost you 140 bucks then.

The Battler may cost the same as the initial Bust (Sketch, Lineart, Color/Shading): 100 Bucks

This means 1 Monstergirl costs you 340 bucks.

You have 50 Monster Girls so this equals a worth of 17.000 bucks.

There are no BG. No Scenes. Just the Character Sets.
Animations are even more expensive.

######

Unlike many other jobs art doesn't just takes theoretical education and training but loads of it - for many years (and a little bit of talent). Even an experienced Artist who works fulltime in this position still needs daily training in several expertises.

And artists need to do taxes too.. And ensurance of any kind.. Art supplies..
The unstable income... T_T

Even my poor skills took me years. Amateurs can't do this for free either.

Do you really expect an artist to do this upfront?

When artists do these pieces for free, like for a mod, this is done as a hobby... For the giggles you know.
That's the same as tinkering at an old bike in your free time, as a mechanic.