NTR to me seems more like an issue with protagonist

Status
Not open for further replies.

grtrader

Feb 11, 2019
I'm going to preface this with I am basing this on the relationships I've had and seen in all the people I known over the 50 years of my life.

I find most people are in general looking for someone else to blame rather than look at their own faults into why something happened. It's easier to accept for them.
The fact is I have never ever seen any relationship fail in such a manor that didn't have issues to start with.
They had financial issues either both spent to much or one of them wasn't strong enough or equal enough in the relationship to put foot down.
Relationships started for the wrong reasons or simply with the wrong type of person. Yes, there is such a thing as human trash in my book.
You have situations were one person is just is a wet rag when it comes to everything.
People that think the answer is to just let her have her way or not make waves.
The weak lack of any courage you have to ask how they ever mustard enough fortitude to even as the other one out. Usually I found they didn't it was the other way around.
God knows what that person seen in the other at the time.
I can make a very very long list but well stop here.
One or both people put their carrier above the other and family.
The relationship started for the wrong reason he or she got in it for money. (Gold diggers, kept men, sugar babes)
Maybe, they thought marrying would get them out of the town they were in their parents house or their current life or situation.
In short 10 million reasons that are bad reasons to start a relationship.

The point is when someone cheats or leaves for another person there is always underlying reasons. Most the time the person who is cheated on doesn't feel they had any fault in it.
So while I personally can't relate to NTR I get why so many others have that emotional reaction to it. In my case I just feel shit this is stupid this character is a moron.... In short the only emotion I get for it is disdain for the protagonist and this want little or nothing to do with them. I don't relate anyway emotionally with them.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
NTR how it happens in most games would not happen to most relationships in real life.

If someone tried to blackmail me to fuck them like they do in most games the first thing i'd do is talk to my partner then report them for sexual harassment and sue them for mental stress just to fuck with them financially. Just like the chances of me cheating on my partner are absolute zero the same way I trust her.

Granted it's different for lesbian relationships, most other women tend to leave us alone when told we're with someone or out together and men stand no chance but it doesn't stop them trying.

Of course people cheat but, as you said, there are usually underlying reasons for that and they are looking for an escape for a little while.

I've seen games where the only way to avoid NTR is to constantly be in contact with that love interest and in a real life situation that would piss a person off more than anything else. Someone ringing up every 5 minutes to ask how you are .... the same as I was 5 minutes ago now sod off.

That being said, NTR is one of those kinks I don't get but doesn't bother me. Most protags are male and i'm not able to immerse there and only playing to see hot women fuck, doesn't matter who or what is fucking them. In romance games that I usually play NTR is never a factor and in the few lesbian only games i've found there is no such thing.

Ben Shapiro

Sep 30, 2017
NTR is meh, I don't get it but to each their own. Now netori on the other hand, that's pretty good stuff. That being said... did you guys know my wife is a Doctor?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
You seem to not know what NTR actually is. You talk of cheating and the failure of the, for lack of a better word, "victim". NTR may not even require a romantic relationship, so cheating is not required, and while some forms of NTR do mean cheating, cheating is mundane, it's a single lapse in judgement, a small relationship bump that can be overcome. NTR is not something easily overcome, and if it is, it's still NTR just in a different form. And, here's the other thing, NTR is better if the relationship is not on the rocks. So your "victim" being at fault is just more proof that you aren't really getting it.

Now, what you seem to be talking about when you say NTR is Netorare, however it can also be used to mean Netorase, Netori, and a number of other smaller categories of NTR. Those are the big three though. Netorare is about betrayal and jealousy(sometimes). Netorase is more cuckoldry as a fetish, a person who likes to watch their significant other get fucked. Netori is usually just Netorare from the perspective of the antagonist, also called the Netori.

So, lets define our roles, sticking to Netorare, as it's the most relevant.

A, this is our "victim", the person who you lay the blame with. I keep using quotes around victim, because chances are, A is just collateral damage. There are plenty of NTR stories that barely have A at all, with them only being there to serve B's character development. Speaking of B...

B is in a relationship with A constituting a bond of trust. This relationship doesn't have to be romantic. I'll get into examples later, but suffice to say, what matters here is the bond of trust between them and A, and that's where C comes in.

C is our Netori. C wants B, whether C wants B because of A or not is irrelevant, what matters is C's ensuing sexual relationship with B will go so far that B's relationship with A is forever broken by it.

For NTR to come from this, B needs to become so changed by C that they are no longer interested in, or caring about A.

Now, example time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, these have all been scenarios where A is the focus. But, A doesn't have to be, and in fact, most of the manga I read barely give A more than a name and backstory of a relationship with B. B is quite often our protagonist.

So, I've shown 6 NTR scenarios, most of which, A was not only not at fault, but powerless to change anything in, and the 2 where they weren't it was still B's fault, far and above A. See, ideally NTR shows us the story of the corruption of B by C. Even if A is our protagonist, B has to be changed in order for NTR to have happened. Yes, in real life, cheating is usually the fault of a weakness in the relationship, but NTR is not simply cheating, it's ultimate betrayal. It's "you won't come back from this" level destruction of a functional relationship.

P.S. Some might say, "but what about when A finds out and stays anyway?" Then the Netorare story becomes a Netorase story from that point forward.

Reactions: Segnbora

Ben Shapiro

Sep 30, 2017
"B is in a relationship with A constituting a bond of trust. This relationship doesn't have to be romantic."

1st part true, 2nd part not so much.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
"B is in a relationship with A constituting a bond of trust. This relationship doesn't have to be romantic."

1st part true, 2nd part not so much.
Read the examples, I gave 4 in which there's no romance between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.