RPGM - Completed - Nursery Slime [Final] [Doubles Core]

1. 4.00 star(s)

MornarUruloki

Great story, gameplay and sex scenes. Even thou I had couple nitpicks here and there I still enjoyed this RPG game very much.
    The story itself was quite intriguing and made me want to know more. Especially that the characters of Qu and Oz, or rather their interactions made me smile.
    Gameplay is in most part standard RPGM, with some twist. Liked it.
    Sex scenes are simple static 2DCG with text and are more cute than erotic.
    Overall very good and solid RPG game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

sashadd

I played the game a couple of months ago, so I can’t write a more detailed review.

This is the first game from Doubles Core that I have played. I really liked it. As a fan of monster-girls, I rate this game 5/5.

Although the game is a typical JRPG, the mechanic of endless stats up of our slime girl with the help of food makes the game much easier. Nevertheless, this did not prevent me from spending a certain amount of hours on grinding.

The story is good. Not a masterpiece, but it’s just good.

The scenes are also good, and the lack of censorship adds extra points to the game.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6577935

When it comes to pointing out the kind of game developers, that deserve complete support from their audience, the people behind Nursery slime (From frontier and Yes my lord, as well), immediately come to mind.

This is a game that goes above and beyond in so many of its aspects, that you have to wonder what they could pull off, if they ever got to the "big leagues". (It's more complicated than that, some triple A were small, passionate and talented once, but what ifs are fun).

Here are some things Nursery slime does right, in no particular order:

- Quality of life - The game doesn't waste your time, and you can find all sorts of convenience. Fast combat, good escape odds, H-scenes clearly marked, no grinding necessary (one major exception at the end), no secrets that hide content "too well", save points before bosses, shortcuts eliminating repetition, Etc.. The point is that many games with the adult tag, forget that the gameplay elements are supposed to be fun and engaging. Nursery Slime doesn't.

- Boldness - Imagine pulling off a Slime as the main and (mostly) only heroine/ party member. It's pretty impressive in both respects, because they have mechanics in place (transformations), that add diversity to combat and the H-scenes. Building on that...

- Heartwarming love story - Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with extreme content (quite the opposite, actually), it's just that every now and then, watching something a bit more wholesome, is just the right ticket. Protagonist and Heroine really like each other, and most situations are witnessed from a lighthearted, funny POV. They are not inventing the wheel, but they get points when presenting the same old content through different lenses (translation: Rape and tentacles are still there, but the delivery is different).

- The endings - 2 of them are metaphors to real life scenarios, and work very well at leaving a good final impression. The story itself isn't half bad (it's coherent at the very least), but the main thing, is that after 10+ hours, the endings did elicit some feelings. It's more than can be said for the vast majority of its competition.

As for the not so good mentions, the game didn't really get me going... and at the end of the day, this is and ADULT game. Let's face it, even if I like Nursery slime quite a lot, an essential part of my satisfaction with the game is missing (That's the reason I gave it 4 stars).

It think Nursery Slime is an 8/10, and the most important thing I can tell you, is to support this developer, if at all possible. Their 3 games (check first paragraph), are all top tier in the genre, and they aren't resting on their laurels, because they keep trying to do new things, and introducing rarely seen concepts in their games.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Nikaize

Simple story with few twists, amazing relationship development betsween characters, interesting RPG mechanics. Overall it is one of the greatest RPGs on this site. Always looking forward to games made by this dev.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

tipoima

"Gateway drug into monster fucking: The Game" 8/10, best for those with milder taste.

The game is above average at everything it does, without excelling in any aspect.
    There are many interesting and rare mechanics, which massively elevate the game above typical RPGM games, both in combat and gameplay overall, but they aren't enough to make you seek them out.

The story is simple and cheesy, mostly carried by character interactions.

Sex scenes are relatively vanilla (for this kind of game anyway). Tentacles are the kinkiest thing you'll get here. Personally it made me too bored (the fact that most scenes have to be picked instead of levelling the slimegirl also resulted in me ending up with a backlog, which didn't help).
  6. 5.00 star(s)

jaykinchan

I don't why I decided to pick up and play this game. Maybe because it had slime girls in it? Who knows ~

Nonetheless, the game was a decent romp. It's story was pretty decent. It could capture my attention as I played through it.

Most importantly was the combat. This wasn't just some RPGM visual novel, the combat had every intention of making the game as enjoyable as possible. With the various customizations one can make to their character, it was rather fun strategizing the build rather than clicking optomize build.

The problem comes when you become too strong, which is an issue with all RPGs in the late game. Nonetheless, the story knows when to end when it needs to.

TLDR: It's a fun romp
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Idon'tneedanusername

This game was a comfy ride. The translation is fine for the most part, nothing too bad IMO. The best part is that most of the scenes are consensual sex! (very rare in this kind of games lol)
    Would recommend for someone looking for a slime gf who shapeshifts into other monster girls.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Sole

Aside from the first two out of three endings this game is a nice cozy story about an old man(former adventurer) recovering from ptsd with the help of those that care about him. A wholsome-ish story, eh... close enough anyway... happy feel good story with good gameplay(atleast till near the end where the difficulty suddenly spikes, luckily the only scripted loss is the succubus go ahead and use cheats after that fight if you want).

Simple summary
    Long ago you were a great adventurer but during your last job saving a young girl with white hair you were horribly crippled and left with ptsd and memory loss by a corpse eater "god"(honestly it's just a powerful monster) that you barely managed to force back to it's own dimension with the exception of a tiny barely sentient peice that survived by feeding on slimes eventually taking on their form. Years later in an effort to rehabilitate you the girl you saved bribes the people that care about you(those that have looked after you uptil now) into putting you in a situation where you have to become an adventurer again under the assurance that she'll make sure you're fine, that she'll slowly help you overcome your ptsd, unfortanetly there's an unforseen mishap involved in your first job and you nearly die, thankfully you're saved by your new found companion the "slime", after that it's just a happy go lucky slice of life for the most part, a few dashes of light drama every now and then but nothing serious till the endings. It's relaxing, cute, and fun.

Ending 1 The terrible anime ending/So cringe it hurts
    It's decent enough in concept but has such atrociously bad writing that even the translator half assed the grammar only bothering to make sure it's fully legible, honestly I don't fault them for it, the "moral lesson" segment sucks and takes up way too much time(it's the you have to live for yourself not just for others moral lesson, but the horribly disfigured asian version where you should never do good deeds unless it's for selfish motives or you're a failure of a person with psychological problems, many of the things the protag is critized for aren't even true, neither throughout the actual game or in the other endings), and the forced inclusion of the guild members past the point where they should never have been involved, meaning past the set up portion where they over hear what's going on and evacuate the town completely kills all hope of a properly intimate/meaningful ending. It's epilogue(what plays after the credits) however is great a proper funny happy ending until the guild members show up to ruin it again, by again making themselves the center of attention again, seriously no one cares about the guild or it's members, it's just a job. Luckily the other endings don't have these artificially inserted flaws.
    -Only real highlight/memorable moment is the start of it's epilogue where you're getting thrown out again like at the start of the game except due to noise complaints from sex all day and night instead of "lack of payment", it was funny/cute to see the slime getting tossed out right after you in her original slime form and being called his luggage, then being called back probably to pay the last day of rent, but actually to be gifted a house.

Ending 2 Corpse eater ending/Sad ending/actually good writing just unnessary drama and sadness
    So yeah no secret, the slime girl isn't really a slime she's a corpse eater(a type of monster) that ate many slimes to survive and as a result took the form of a slime, her female slime form is just her slime ability to tranform, her full transformations stem from her true ability to transform(corpse eater ability), hence if you beat all the arena fights and go to the hot springs she's able to turn into a younger female fully human version of you, or more importantly able to fully consume and turn into the other heroine of this game and even fully emulate her thoughts if you choose her route(aka: this route), WAIT IT'S NOT WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS ISN'T SOME CREEPY MURDEROUS YANDERE HORROR ROUTE, it's a tragedy basically the human girl over exerts herself in an effort to save the girl you love but is stopped from sacrificing herself only after it's too late for her to be saved, and she sneakily gives her life to the "slime" girl by pretending that she's taking a 50/50 chance at living.

Ending 3 The true end/Harem end/Happy end(only part where there's reason for the other monster forms to even exist gameplay-wise)
    It's locked behind you doing both other endings for a reason, doing all the treasure hunts and THEN giving the slime girl the best dish you can give her; This ending doesn't establish anything it's a pay off without it's own set up that relies on you having played the other routes and done the chores it asks of you as it's set up, it has you finally make use of the abilities the other forms are supposedly capable of using such as flying and great strength, and it's a great showing that yeah, the human heroine just wanted you to be happy she forced you into adventuring because she wanted to slowly reaclimate you to combat since that should help you recover from your ptsd and it's the only thing you were ever passionate about in the past, but if there's something you care about more she isn't against it, and the so called "bad end" from not being able to pay isn't her being upset but her considering that yeah, maybe adventuring really has become too much for someone your age, if you can't even manage the amount she charges, she'll still care for you but it completely derails the story of you adventuring hence if you can't pay up it's game over for this tale of "adventure".