Daz NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0 + Shader Presets for Daz Studio

Nov 28, 2019
Just stumbled over the thread for the vMaterials 1.7 + Daz Presets, then saw that 2.0.0 is out and there's a thread for that one too, on the Daz Forum and thought I'd mention it here :) :

Pretty much the same procedure as with v1.7 if you are familiar with that one, the scripts just got updated for the new version:
  1. Install (914 MB)
  2. Install (ShareCG.com, Login required for download) (103 MB)
    (alternative DL-Link courtesy of Powerbabe)
  3. Restart Daz Studio if it was open when you installed vMaterials

4. Navigate to "/Shader Presets/NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0/~Setup"
    Setup Folder

04-navigate.jpg

5. Run the "MDL Directory Manager" script
    1. If the new MDL directories were automatically found, click "Yes" to map them
      05-mdl_directories.jpg

2. If the new MDL directories were not automatically found, map them manually
      05-run_script_manager.jpg
  6. Click Accept
  7. Run the "Setup Metadata" script

Last edited:

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Why has nobody told me that there is a 1.7 or even a 2.0.0 version out there?
And here I was stuck with 1.5. (Which was not bad at all. ;))

So I had to slab a few things together just to see what those new presets are capable of.

The image is not meant to be pretty. I removed all maps from the items and used only the presets on the blank surfaces.
The only exceptions are she, her hair and the backwall shelf with its content. The whole thing is rendered in spectral rendering mode.
shoplifter_with_vMaterials.jpg

the conclusion is. I love most of them but the old scaling issue is still there. So you have to scale them down quite a bit, to look realistic.

Jun 21, 2022
Feeling a bit stupid here... I have installed NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0. But when they said install NVIDIA vMaterials 2.0.0 Shader Presets for DS what exactly is meant? I downloaded and unpacked the zip and ran the scripts from there. Everything seemed to go well but I have no new materials in Daz. Any help would be greatly appreciated.