NW.js profile error is driving me INSANE!

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
This freaking pop up message is driving me nuts: I used the "delete nwjs folder and two Web Data files" trick so many times now yet it pops up back.
For example: I'm playing Peasant's Quest and I downloaded Wicked Rouge recently, when I tried Wicked Rouge, this stupid profile error popped up again. So I used the delete files and folders trick and opened Wicked Rouge: No popup! However, if I open Peasant's Quest again and re-open Wicked Rouge, it loops! This message is INSANE and needs a radical way to be removed. I don't want to keep deleting the same files everytime this message pops up.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
This freaking pop up message is driving me nuts: I used the "delete nwjs folder and two Web Data files" trick so many times now yet it pops up back.
For example: I'm playing Peasant's Quest and I downloaded Wicked Rouge recently, when I tried Wicked Rouge, this stupid profile error popped up again. So I used the delete files and folders trick and opened Wicked Rouge: No popup! However, if I open Peasant's Quest again and re-open Wicked Rouge, it loops! This message is INSANE and needs a radical way to be removed. I don't want to keep deleting the same files everytime this message pops up.
Apparently one of those two games use an older/newer version of NW.js. Either downgrade or upgrade both to the same NW.js version.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
And can you tell me how to do that please?!
RPG Maker MV v1.62 uses NW.js v0.29 as standard application. You can upgrade NW.js by simply overwriting the files with a newer version. Beware that a newer version of NW.js might break plugins used in the game. I personally use v0.53. You can download it here (official website):

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Cold_arctus' solution is the easiest one.

Alternatively, I think you can associate the conflicting game to a second profile. Basically, you pass the path of a new, empty folder to the game (the folder can be non-existent, the game will create it for you).
This can be done both on Windows via cmd.exe (the example is untested) and on Linux via shell:
Code:
nw.exe --user-data-dir=C:\users\[YOUR_USERNAME]\Desktop\mydummyprofile
./nw --user-data-dir=/path/to/mydummyprofile
If you don't like the terminal, on Windows you can define a custom launcher:

On Linux you make a .desktop file instead.

I don't know if Game.exe (the launcher shipped with any RPGM MV game) accepts parameters such as --user-data-dir. Don't have one, can't test it.

Last edited: