VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Nympho Monster Domination [v1.1.2] [Miel]

1. 5.00 star(s)

pastiche

Very few VNs hold attention like Nympho Monster Domination by Miel, the plot is simplistic, everything is voiced, and the dialogue plays out as if Rance was isekai'd into a generic fantasy landscape.

Story: NMD is quick compared to most VNs I'd estimate about 8-10 hours long. The story is basic: guy gets isekai'd into fantasy world and is the fated savior. You gain abilities when the plot goes forward, as you would in a video game, but it's mostly for plot insulation there's no gameplay to speak of. So why even make a section on story, you may ask. Well, the dialogue is like if you took Rance and dropped his IQ by 20 points, gave him literally every fetish you can imagine, made his dick entirely lead based, and then you have him fuck overconfident monster girls until they're below the 25th percentile and struggling in remedial macaroni art courses. Personally, I fucking love it.

Art: Solid, really solid, Miel is a professional developer with the graphics software to reflect it. Though some prefer more character in their art, like noisy lines and penciled colors, there's no feigned modesty in how Miel polishes their work, they have the tools and they use them. Though I will say that the art direction in NMD is a departure from the wide-eyed anime aesthetic, and the proportions on the monster girls, while still ridiculous, don't look like they're hauling 30lb. breasts on a 90lb. body.

Only complaint is that for some reason Miel had it in them to compound every fetish they visit. Ok, we have one scene with water sports? Now they all have it. We pierced all girls and gave them inmons, great now the rest will have it too. Oh, they're all pregnant now? Well the rest of the CGs are now preggers also, and so on and so forth. If you don't happen to like a fetish they introduce, too bad because it's going to be revisited in every scene.

Sound: Here's where you know Miel has cash to burn: everything is voiced. Every line of ridiculous dialogue is voiced, minus protag and narrator lines. This sets it apart from so many VNs and it may be hit-or-miss for some people, but the voice acting is very well done and adds variety to the generic hentai squish noises that are in every scene.

This game for all its polish, for all its dedication to form, for all of its attempting to appease as many fetishes at once, manages to take itself into absurdity. The writing feels like someone trying to make a buddy cop film then they paraphrase the Beverley Hills Cop 2 script then casted Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, and just said fuck it half-way through before casting half of the NBA and turning the film into a Rush Hour Space Jam crossover. It has this weird attention to filling conventional roles, but ends up taking it to absurdity when the fetish checklist gets weighed in and all the sex scenes take 10-20 minutes longer because they need to roll every fetish into it. This game is a trip, I usually try to stay objective, but I couldn't name a VN more entertaining than NMD.