Obsession

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
Why do I watch this OVER and over, and over, and over again?

Over and over and over and over.

What is it now, 10? 15? 20 years? I dunno, I’ve been hypnotized.

Has there never ever been a more perfect execution of a 4min video to song? I think not. I have studied the fuck out of this clip because I’m a freak. I get caught in a web. I obsess on things. But this clip?

It’s a release for me.

It convinces me every time: it’s gonna be fine. Calm down. There is order to the universe. Some things. ARE FUCKING PERFECT!!

Frame to frame to frame. Not one wasted note. Flawless execution. That can happen. They did it right there. Remember when you liked some songs because or despite that you never knew what the song was about? A couple ringers here and there tied you in. But what is the rest of it abowt, perhaps? You know, Stairway to WHAT (flawlessly executed; fucking perfect). Remember when Jimmy Page flubbed a note and that’s what makes the solo more perfect? That’s WHY it’s perfect? They left it there on purpose. Remember when there was no Internet, or Pro Tools? You had a Fostex 4-track and fucking DEAL with it? Bounce tracks, bitch. Make it work.

I mention that here, because…

Well, first of all: I really like this community. I like what I see here.

But I’m also sorta guessing there’s a lot of “perfectionist” among the willing? Obsessive sorts? Grinding it out on Daz or whatever else? Yeah?

Hey. Take a brake. Throw this up. Recline on yor favorite whateveritis.

And. Enjoy.

Flawlessness:

It’s there for you. Any and Every time.

I am 46n2. Or I aspire to be.

-peace