VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Occultus [v0.8] [BC]

1. 4.00 star(s)

SlideweenTV

Version played: v0.8

Good renders (tho it has the grainy effects of old) and beautiful & sexy characters with a decent story. The adult scenes are average but I am willing to give this VN a high rating because I was invested in the story. If you like the themes of vampire & slight bits of vampirisms, you should give this a go.

Perhaps the only downside for me was the fate of 1 of the characters. She only made a brief appearance to bridge some of the scenes but she was kinky cute and I like that. So yeah, disappointed but it cant be helped I guess.

Recommended to use the walkthrough should you miss some scenes the first go.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

whiterussian1974

I'm only part way in. I've "come out to" my "mon and sister" and begun my intimate sexual relationships with them and my great aunt. (for context of how much of the game I am rating.)

I LOVE it so far. A bit repetitive at the beginning, but knowing what actions are needed to progress the story make it tolerable to go for morning runs with sis, and watch TV each night with mom first, and then with mom and sis at the last action before each sleep.

Also, learning cunilingus with Pam is worth learning, but having sex with her isn't. Once your tongue is good enough to prove yourself to Keres, SHE will have sex and boost your skills, and you mom and sis don't care about your sex skill levels.

The plot doesn't depend upon much other than reading what the characters do and say. They give clues as to the consequences of your choices, so just pick whichever you prefer.

I wish that there were a few MORE choices within the plot. Dev wouldn't even need to add new renders. Just add text fields for variety.

I'd also like to fuck the great uncle's maid, instead of having her suck me with the same mouth that just swallowed HIS cum. Maybe fuck her ass, as that self-cleans out any sperm. Also, that is all that she deserves. My sperm is too good for non-family members. (personal religious belief of mine.)

I'd also like for cousin Jess to be less bitchy during group sex scenes. It is total affectation and her mom even calls her on it.

I'd like to have to option to choose "rough sex" also. Slapping the face and bottoms of some of the women. They seem like they would enjoy being "used as a toy" and would be happier. (I have had SEVERAL women ask me to do this during sex, though I would never strike them outside of our "rituals.")
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Marvelous Chris

Finally gave this one a go. Writing this just after having finished it. As one can see on the screenshots is that it is dated. i found the renders to be attractive either way.

I would urge you to give this one a go if you find the premise interesting. I have to say it was very fun being a vamp and having sex with alot of ladies. I was also suprised how the vampire lore was set up or at least the little you find out.

I won't spoil it but i found it a nice suprise. So the writing overall is what got me through this one for i found it solid in general. Now it probably would have been better to be a full VN instead of having to play around with some not fully implemented and hidden stat and relation building. But as i think about it, i am huessing it was mainly put in to add a slower start for when the plot starts kicking off it gets abandoned and it goes to your usual VN with choices.

It's not overly long either which i think is good or it might have so called overstayed it's welcome. The endings i found were quite satisfactory in that it is an end but leaves it open for sequels.

Mainly what i would like to see instead of a sequel to this story, just more of the world where there are mainly female vamps as male vamps are rare. Which means it is all the more fun and a decent enough excuse for a vamp harem power trip set up.

Solid game which i will remember fondly and have a place in my heart. Which sounds cheesy but that is how i currently feel after having just finished it.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Darkrift411

Wow, I found this one like 20 pages deep sorting by COMPLETE and rating. Didnt look that great and the description was not super enticing. But I am glad I tried it.

Pretty good story, not bad graphics and not a bad ending.

Major complaint is the mother looks younger than the sister but dev already talked about not knowing how to do the aging when he first started and when he figured it out, it was too late. Not game-breaking.

Next complaint is that ALL of the walkthroughs I found end like 25% into the story. Prob not an issue for most, but I prefer to use them and turn these into a story and not a game. Not a huge issue either as I was still able to figure out a decent ending on my own.

I feel like this one was buried in the bargain bin but was honestly really good.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

tmathis

Definitely felt a little dated compared to other entrants in this genre. I had hopes that this might be an interesting entry but too much of the game was left unfinished in terms of various systems. Models were also pretty meh in general, although did appreciate Pam!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Jamrick

A solid 4/5 horny vampire VN. Lots of girls to bang and bite.

Visuals:
    Good clean proportions and body language with a few odd facial expressions staring at something offscreen.

Sex scenes:
    Early on the scenes lack dialogue and variety of angles but this improves midway through and onwards. Hot dialogue and buildup

Pace:
    Game moves smoothly along and brings the action early and frequently.

Story:
    Fairly entertaining plot provided you fill in some of the blanks with your own imagination.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

razen123

Extremely unique concept, with literally no gameplay, theres nothing to do in the game as of right now. The story with the vampire aunty is really interesting but the way the game progresses for a Renpy game is a extremely frustrating and hard to get to the next part of the story
  8. 5.00 star(s)

edwards21

Very much digging this one. The sex comes early and often, and the writing has a playful quality to it. Solid but unspectacular art. You know what you're getting into with this game and it doesn't try to be everything at once.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

silversurfer1

I was between 3 stars and 4 stars but worried I was taking too much off based on my personal tastes so 4 stars it is.

My thoughts:
    -Girls were good but not great. I liked them all in one way or another but, for me, there wasn't any particular one that I totally fell in love with both visually and personality.
    -Renders were fine but not as high resolution as some other games.
    -The story, I actually really liked. Pacing could be better and it isn't life-changing creativity but I enjoyed it.
    -Goes from sort of open to very linear about half way through. Neither part is bad, it's just a little jarring.
    -Likewise, the dom content with mom and sister seemed to be forgotten about half way through.
    -This is very much personal taste but, for me, there is just a little too much of MC just sitting back and watching girls have sex. Don't get me wrong, girl on girl is hot and there is still plenty of action for MC I just thought it slid slightly too far that way for my taste.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Wolfgang IV

WHY? This game had so god damn much potential in terms of story telling and the dev just cut it straight off. I mean i love the game and all but the story really wasn't finished where it ended. He set up a big plot about the high table of vampires keeping everyone under them in check. The MC was about to take them on and the story just ends.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

idemandfood

Occultus 0.72

Reviewed 0.72

Occultus is a high fantasy set in a modern world with vampires and demons. It takes queues from the hierarchical structure of the vampires in Underworld but the similarities end there. Occultus is a visual novel first and foremost which focuses on you as the male protagonist who has acquired vampiric powers through your auntie. After being granted the powers of a vampire you are tasked to uncover and expose an affluent vampire who has stepped out of line. You must juggle family relationships as well as develop new relationships.

The renders are beautiful, I love the look of all the characters. The red hair of Kere’s wasn’t really my thing but it grew on me. The scenes are nice put together quite nicely. The H-scenes are great but no gallery, how can I replay my favourite scenes? As of this moment I have about 10 pages of saves just to replay scenes, please add a Gallery, BC!

Like most Ren’py games currently out, there isn’t much to speak of in terms of gameplay, you select an option and watch the consequences of your actions roll through. For those seeking deeper gameplay should be looking elsewhere.

Despite the awesome renders and h-scenes, the story has been lacking. (I know. Before you tell me it’s a H-game, the story is secondary. It’s just constructive criticism for BC, please don’t take this the wrong way!). Although the story was lacklustre, some of the characters were charming, I loved Moria and Lucy! Before I continue, I would like to add

--------MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD, I’LL TRY MINIMISE IT --------

For a story to be engaging, there needs to be a character arc: the character gains new power, the character meets an obstacle, the character trains and proceeds to beat the obstacle. The build up to the fight with George is amazing, the roller coaster of feelings that the narrative invoked truly got me going. However, I do not agree with the addition of the H-scene during the final confrontation, it really took away the gravitas of the moment. In addition, the short length of the confrontation didn’t help. It was over almost in an instant. I was left disappointed that the cumulation of MC’s training and powers was simply not enough and it came down to plot armour.

The elder fight also lacked impact, the girls go in and struggle with Signe, to show off how powerful she is, the minute MC steps in it’s over very quickly. The possibility of characters dying and the sheer audacity of what they were doing really set up the tone of the final confrontation. But we find out MC is a super vampire who can rival the elders, it felt cheap and I was saddened that this was the route taken. The bodyguard defecting took the wind out of the sails and consequentially the build-up just fizzled up.

--------MINOR SPOILERS END --------

Pros

• Some lovely renders/models and hot H-scenes
    • Interesting setting + charming characters
    Cons
    • Weak story and writing
    • No gallery
    Thank you BC for this game!
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Alfred the Fallen

The early half of the game has a lot of grind where you repeat the same scenes over and over again, but that eventually stops and the pace picks up in the second half. The last third or so doesn't really have any grind at all and turns into a normal visual novel with a few choices that can alter the game. There is one alternate ending already, so some of your choices do matter while others have very little effect.

The writing is a bit of a mixed bag. The overall story is interesting, but a couple of major plot points of the game are resolved so quickly that it's rather anticlimactic. Most of the major characters are compelling, but Avice's character doesn't make a single lick of sense and she is horrendously annoying.

The game is worth a play, but it could be a lot better than it is.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

systechguy71

4/5 - Story Writing: Grammar and spelling need improvement, plot is not overly complex and it works.

3.75/5 - Female Models: The lighting, shadow and shader effects need tweaking. The skin textures in renders appear washed out.
    example: Some models had nipple skin-tone that appeared washed out against skin.

3.75/5 - The MC needs better rendered skin-tone and package.

Overall it was fun enough that I wanted to play it again for other choices.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Psychobitch

Nice game, good story and a lot of interaction going on, would like a bit more going on in the family path, but as this is a game in development i think it will happen sooner or later given some choices to be made in the game.

O before i forget i put this gem on my watchlist
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

I need 2 things when I download something here, a story that keeps me entertained and characters I care about and this gives me both of those.

If i'm playing a dating sim I expect elaborate paths and choices that lead to the girl I pick.

If i'm playing a story based game like this I need a plot that makes sense and entertains and the characters to pull it off. I give a bonus for extra bits of gameplay as long as it doesn't detract from the story.

Here you've got a powerful family with a dark secret run by a dirty old bastard. The problem being that dirty old bastard isn't your typical pervert, he's rich, powerful and knows exactly what he's doing.

He wants something from the vampire of the family and she, and others, need you to help stop him.

As you are turned into a vampire the woman that turns you still has control over you being your sire. That all changes when an older vampire gives you the last dose before you become a fully fledged vampire and giving you control back.

Simple premise but it works and the characters pull it off. Keres is the vampire aunt and she's a fantastic character, certainly my favourite in the game. The cousin comes in joint second with the sister and then it's a battle because there are some great characters.

It's kept me hooked on what's happening and playing every update and that's all I need.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

kcoope89

Terrible renders, no real choices, this plays more as a "Choose your own adventure kind of book". It's too bad because the previes show great renders, but after playing for ten minutes you leave feeling pretty underwhelmed
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Liolleren

Rating */*****
    + ??? I have not found

- Choices are senseless rely on fuck all
    - Characters are interested only Mc have nothing else to do after us
    - History sucks, do it fuck this girl and writing is really bad.
    - No complex animations.
    - No good vampire consensus. They are alive and there is nothing to share until the end of the game.
    End I would give 0/5 but it can not be a pity
  18. I
    5.00 star(s)

Indignatio

This game is great! I love the vampire dynamic, the characters are hot. I would like the incest plot lines to develop further though. The stories with mom and sis are pretty anemic. The only relative with much is the aunt, no offense to her but I like to corrupt not just be corrupted, we should be able to turn mom or sis down the line, that would be awesome. Overall this is a great game! With a few minor critiques, doesn't have a ton of content yet, but it's getting there. I look forward to the next update.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Renaulto

When I came across Occultus, I'll be honest...my hopes weren't too high. Having played a few supernatural games, and growing up watching horror films, I admit to having started with a high expectation. That being said...

I rated Occultus 5 stars because it is actually being thought out, and the room left for a much greater world to be built in, and stories to evolve. The renders though not the best I've seen by any means, they are really good, and I wouldn't stop playing because of them. The story is actually one that I like. Vampires, estranged/alienated family, money, small town...To be honest, this is so classic in many good & great horror/supernatural shows & movies.

The MC isn't a complete douche, and his family & people he meets do have a lot of room for growth. As a whole, Occultus is one worth playing, and investing the time to read the story. Though simple in what is open to explore, and do for now...it has the potential there. And potential is what's truly needed for a long term game as far as I am concerned.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Remzis

4.5+/5 This game is something else.

Story is excellent and interesting, current build 0.61 leaves one wondering what happens next with anticipation until further release. No sidestories unfortunately, but not too much hustle either. Wasn't sure if choices you make matter and will lead to different outcomes, but for the playthrough it did not feel like it. Pacing starts slow and uneventful, but picks up very quick as story progresses.

Some minor elements of economy/sandbox, but they don't fit here at all. Feels like the game should have stayed a novel, without the annoyance of maintaining stats and money (the "grind" is not that bad though, just somewhat repetitive). If creator wanted to implement sandbox and stats, they could have been done better and would be actually interesting to see if they mattered. Example: higher strength training = better vampire skills.

Characters look decent, lightning is a bit weird though. Sadly most of them lack personality aside from the Aunt. Vampire parts are surprisingly well done and should appear way more often.

Scenes are great, and come in variation which was surprising. Now add fetishes in there and it will become a best package. Pacing of the scenes was also very well spaced out where there is no drought of content.

Adding this to the favorites and would absolutely recommend checking this gem out.